ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:07 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I watched all 4qtrs of that boring ass Chargers game with my Charger fan nephew.

I have no fucking idea how they'll score points.
Taylor look that bad?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:09 AM 09-14-2020
I remember Turdrod lighting us up at Arrowhead once or twice. Sad days
[Reply]
wazu 10:11 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by morphius:
That Cowboy call was right on the money, the original shot showed how much separation he got from the push off. It was blatant and obvious. As soon as I saw it I yelled to the TV, "You have to call that one!".
Pfft. Jalen Ramsey deserves an Academy Award for his performance on that play.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:13 AM 09-14-2020
The Chargers suck ass.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:13 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Taylor look that bad?
He showed a willingness to chuck up deep balls and get Mike Williams' head knocked off in double and triple coverage, outside of that it was your typical dink and dunk from Taylor.

Taylor spent most of the game as a sub 50% passer. Hell, he finished 16/30.

The Chargers scored 6 points through 3 quarters of football.

They scored 10 in the 4th quarter thanks to Joe Mixon fumbling, i wanna say, IIRC, inside their own 30.

They escaped O/T thanks to the Bengals kicker injuring himself on a FG attempt.

It was a completely inept offensive performance, and the D wasn't great either.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:13 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Pfft. Jalen Ramsey deserves an Academy Award for his performance on that play.
Yup. I have seen FAR worse go uncalled all the time
[Reply]
wazu 10:13 AM 09-14-2020
I watched all 4qtrs of that boring ass Chargers game with my Charger fan nephew.

I have no fucking idea how they'll score points.
Same. That offense looked really bad. Tyrod provides no realistic threat of downfield passing. And they seem to have eliminated even the short dump-off passes that Gordon/Ekeler feasted on in past few years under Rivers. Zero imagination.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:15 AM 09-14-2020
Oh, and one more :-)

The Chargers were inside the Bengals 30 with about 23secs before half and two timeouts...and went with two straight runs and then a FG....

I mean....:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:15 AM 09-14-2020
They look awful. It ought to be another beating like the Texans. Or worse.

But the NFL is weird sometimes.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-14-2020
Oh, and one more :-)

The Chargers were inside the Bengals 30 with about 23secs before half...and went with two straight runs and then a FG....

I mean....:-)
I thought Marty retired 15 years ago?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:19 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm just saying...teams with new stadiums tend to get a lot of strange things that happen in their favor that season. I've pointed it out for years...

I'm sure the NFL was happy that both teams, with a new $6 billion stadium in a massive market, won on opening weekend.

I was watching to see if anything odd happened yesterday...and it did.

You can draw your own conclusions...

Raiders, who also have a new stadium, won on a last minute questionable decision....

from ESPN

"Trailing 34-30, Panthers new offensive coordinator Joe Brady called a handoff to fullback Alex Armah -- instead of All-Pro Christian McCaffrey -- on fourth-and-inches at midfield, He was stopped at the line with 1:11 left. McCaffrey racked up 134 yards from scrimmage and scored two touchdowns.

Rhule took blame for the call of the game"
The funny thing is neither LA team has a decent fanbase to begin with. The Chargers are starless, unwanted orphans who couldn't fill a soccer stadium, and even after the Lambs were gifted a Super Bowl appearance they still couldn't draw dick. Throw in the general backlash against the NFL over all the political crap and the downturn in the economy, and seriously, I think that $5 billion stadium is going to be mostly empty whether attendance is banned or not; the Covid thing saved them from a massive embarrassment. And when people are eventually let in, about half of them will be rooting for the other team. That will definitely be the case with the new Vegas stadium.

I don't think any amount of officiating hijinks will change any of this. Especially when it comes to the Chiefs. Mahomes is too smart, the offense is too fast, talented and multifaceted, and the defense is now decent enough to overcome bad/questionable calls.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:53 AM 09-14-2020
The refs should forego the usual whistle in favor of one of these

[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:24 AM 09-14-2020
From what I saw, the Chargers are worse than the Texans offensively and defensively. Since the Chiefs scored 31 consecutive points against the Texans, they should easily do the same against the Chargers.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:28 AM 09-14-2020
Chiefs 45 Chargers 10
[Reply]
DRM08 11:35 AM 09-14-2020
Last few games against Chargers have been a lot closer than you want to see. Hopefully KC can run them out of the stadium this time.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up