ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Even with Mahomes, the Chiefs are still NFL dregs
BlackOp 05:47 PM 10-13-2019
Count me as one who thought once the Chiefs landed a "Face of the NFL" QB....that the days of getting lop-sided, questionable officiated games were over.

I thought the 4th quarter of the AFCCG was a league-mandated parting gift for TB12....and a changing of the guard was coming. Honestly, I was just hoping for a future of evenly called games.

Turns out, nothing has changed. Its the same as last year and the 40+ seasons before that.

My continued interest in the NFL was contingent on the emergence of Mahomes and the Chiefs finally being treated like the elite franchises...one's that always get the close 50/50 breaks because it was good for business and, at the very least, were treated fairly.

Nope. What we saw today is foreshadowing of the post-season...and what type of officiating they will receive.

I'll be the same as it ever was....the powers that be have a long-stemming disdain for this franchise. Might go all the way back to Hunt forming a competing league with the mafia.

Who knows the motives...all I can say is it exists...and even the MVP cant change it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:03 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Star56:
Then why are you in an NFL team forum?? If you believe this nonsense why are you here? Seriously??
First off, one might watch because he’s not 100% sure. One might still find entertainment in watching Mahomes. Or be stuck in the routine.

Aside from that, a “fix” doesn’t have to guarantee the outcome. Maybe these penalties can be overcome? Hell, that would make it that much more satisfying if they break through.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:07 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Sounds like you are already drinking NFL-supplied draino....

Just pretend that phantom DH on Breeland...when KC had just stopped them on 4th down, didn't happen.

This game was determined before it started...and the ref was going to throw that flag no matter what happened on the play.

I was reading this and considering dressing up on Halloween as you.....but the. I realized I could never fit 4 dicks in my mouth at the same time.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:09 PM 10-13-2019
I’m not sure how anyone could have watched that game and not come away thinking there was an obvious agenda with the officiating. It’s not even a question.

Sure, the defense is garbage. That’s also not a question. However, we still probably win this game if not for blatantly biased officiating.

Not that it really matters, because this team isn’t doing jack this year with this pathetic defense.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:12 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I’m not sure how anyone could have watched that game and not come away thinking there was an obvious agenda with the officiating. It’s not even a question.

Sure, the defense is garbage. That’s also not a question. However, we still probably win this game if not for blatantly biased officiating.

Not that it really matters, because this team isn’t doing jack this year with this pathetic defense.
So what does the league have to gain by having the Chiefs and the new face of the league lose?
[Reply]
lcarus 07:14 PM 10-13-2019
We got straight up screwed today.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:25 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So what does the league have to gain by having the Chiefs and the new face of the league lose?
Good question, one I honestly can’t answer. I’m not saying there’s some grand conspiracy at play, just that the officiating in this particular game was pretty clearly one sided.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:38 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

NFL is rigged? NO WAY.
[Reply]
tk13 07:43 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Trying to get league superstar Derek Carr into the playoffs, of course.
[Reply]
Star56 07:49 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Trying to get league superstar Derek Carr into the playoffs, of course.
Mahomes IS the superstar the NFL wants to promote. It's nonsense to think they want him to.lose.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:52 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Star56:
Mahomes IS the superstar the NFL wants to promote. It's nonsense to think they want him to.lose.
Did you see the officiating this week? I could argue the league wants to make Mahomes suffer. Maybe if he kissed some young boys he would be favored.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:05 PM 10-13-2019
I think, from the league’s standpoint, they primarily care about TV ratings. You’ll notice that refs rarely allow a big game to get out of hand early. Today’s game and last year in Pitt are prime examples. But they of course may also favor larger markets, particularly in the playoffs.

Then you have the possible Kraft/Goodell connection. Not too hard to believe, given their dominance with often relatively average rosters.

Then there’s the potential for mob influence.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:38 PM 10-13-2019
This about that for a sec. People have been screaming for the golden ticket of a franchise QB for years. Andy Reid can't even put an elite team on the field with a HOF QB.

If only we had Aaron Rodger ........... Reid would still suck.
[Reply]
Star56 09:06 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Did you see the officiating this week? I could argue the league wants to make Mahomes suffer. Maybe if he kissed some young boys he would be favored.
It did suck. But it sucked in other games. The Browns game officiating was abysmal.
[Reply]
Star56 09:09 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think, from the league’s standpoint, they primarily care about TV ratings. You’ll notice that refs rarely allow a big game to get out of hand early. Today’s game and last year in Pitt are prime examples. But they of course may also favor larger markets, particularly in the playoffs.

Then you have the possible Kraft/Goodell connection. Not too hard to believe, given their dominance with often relatively average rosters.

Then there’s the potential for mob influence.
So do the 53 players know that the outcomes are predetermined and that the mob may be behind it all?

When they practice during the week and game plan do the coaches all.know its rigged?

I mean if casual observers are clever enough to discern the clues, I would think all 53 and the practice squads have to be in on the fix.

What keeps everyone quiet? Does the mob use hitmen to keep everybody in line?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:15 PM 10-13-2019
How Andy didn't win that challenge when clearly Kelce was interfered with is beyond me !! Even Fouts agreed that it was interference and not even close and he hates us!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up