ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cassel's BEST game as a Chief and Haley was Mr. Classy today!
DaneMcCloud 06:30 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel played extremely well today. I was really impressed with his vision and his play under pressure. We've all seen him gradually improve this season, even if it's been one step forward, two steps back at times. I can honestly say that even though I had high hopes with him working with Charlie Weis and expected improvement, I never thought I'd see Matt Cassel play as well as he did in Seattle this season.

And as for Todd Haley, sitting on the ball with 2:00 minutes left in the game was fucking awesome! That's class, Folks, and more than makes up for the Denver faux pas.

Bring on the Broncos!!
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:03 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
There's no such thing as good fortune/luck?
Over the extreme short-term, there is. Over the long run, no. In general, half of the passes that should be intercepted are intercepted. If you think that Cassel has somehow been the benefactor of extreme luck in that regard, that's all you. I have watched DJ drop 5 INTs this year. Our LB has dropped more INTs than our QB has thrown all year. Cassel is no more nor less lucky than any other QB.
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:04 PM 11-28-2010
For as much as you're claiming that some are unfairly dismissing the numbers, you seem to be putting a bit too much stock in them alone.
What else do you want me to say?

He looked good.

No he didn't.

Yes he did.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:05 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
I saw Peyton Manning throw as many INTs today as Cassel has thrown all year. I watched him throw 3 last week including one that cost them the game.
:-)
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:06 PM 11-28-2010
From ESPN.com:

STUDS

Here are the highlights and lowlights from games played Sunday.

Charles

Bowe

Cassel

Matt Cassel Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs Dwayne Bowe Wide receiver, Kansas City Chiefs Jamaal Charles Running back, Kansas City Chiefs

Cassel outwitted his former coach at USC, Seahawks mentor Pete Carroll, throwing four TD passes in the Chiefs' rout. Three of his scoring passing went to Bowe, who caught 13 passes overall for 170 yards. Bowe has caught a TD pass in seven straight games. Charles ran for 173 yards on 22 carries and had a TD as the Chiefs routed host Seattle 42-24
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DeezNutz 11:09 PM 11-28-2010
Through the Denver game, Cassel was '07 Brian Bannister. From this point, Cassel has taken strides and played one hell of a game today.

Let's not start sucking each other's phallic-shaped candies just yet.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:13 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's benefitted from experience. The guy really hasn't had that much and is improving the more he gets.
I hope that is the case. They say after 30 games being the starter is when you really start to see a big improvement or know if a QB gets it or not. He is in game 41
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:13 PM 11-28-2010
Through the Denver game, Cassel was '07 Brian Bannister. From this point, Cassel has taken strides and played one hell of a game today.

If you want to say that, show me the numbers. Otherwise, you are making this up out of thin air and pretending that it bolsters your argument.

After looking, Cassel has the second fewest dropped INTs in the NFL.
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:14 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I hope that is the case. They say after 30 games being the starter is when you really start to see a big improvement or know if a QB gets it or not. He is in game 41
and?
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:22 PM 11-28-2010
If you want to say that, show me the numbers. Otherwise, you are making this up out of thin air and pretending that it bolsters your argument.

After looking, Cassel has the second fewest dropped INTs in the NFL.
Looking where?
[Reply]
DeezNutz 11:26 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel's QB rating: 4th in the league.
His DVOA: 14th.
DYAR: 13th.

Which do you believe is a more accurate measure?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:29 PM 11-28-2010

Gonna go with this.

Two weeks of good play has me hoping, not believing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:29 PM 11-28-2010

In the Denver game when we needed him to deliver he had a 5-play drive that gained 12 yds and a 3 and out that gained us 6 yds. After the 3 and out Denver scored again and we were down 21-0 and the Donkey's started playing soft.

and?
And nothing... I hope a light kicked on and he will continue to ascend as a QB.

Contrary to what you may believe I don't want him to fail and I would rather be wrong than him suck which leaves us nothing at the QB position.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:32 PM 11-28-2010
Cassel's QB rating: 4th in the league.
His DVOA: 14th.
DYAR: 13th.

Which do you believe is a more accurate measure?
QB Rating is worthless... Vince Young is 6th in the league and Manning, Flacco, and Brees are 11-13...

hmmm who would I rather have Vince Young , Matt Cassel or Manning or Brees

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 PM 11-28-2010
This was a huge game for Cassel more for when/where it was done.

Going into Seattle and playing an extremely efficient game despite a pretty brutal performance from Richardson was very impressive. He'll still lock in on his primary read on occasion, but I can only think of 2 poorly thrown balls today.

Step 1 - beat a quality team on the road to keep your team in the playoffs.

Step 2 - Beat a quality secondary in any environment; something he hasn't really done yet.

I'll concede that I never expected to see 2 consecutive games from Cassel like we just saw (seriously, quit talking about the Broncos game, though. Trumping that performance against 3 quarters of prevent defense undermines your credibility).

We'll see if he can keep proving me wrong.
[Reply]
bishop_74 11:41 PM 11-28-2010
I gotta say he looked FAR better than Manning did tonight.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up