ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (8/15)
Direckshun 01:06 AM 08-15-2020
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs repeat as Super Bowl champions. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained.

2. The 2021 salary cap remains he same roughly $200m it was in 2020.

3. The Chiefs trade OT Eric Fisher for a 2nd and a 5th.

4. The Chiefs extend OT Mitchell Schwartz (4 years, $45m), S Tyrann Mathieu (4 years, $58m).

5. The Chiefs tender RB Darrel Williams, WR Byron Pringle, TE Deon Yelder, OG Andrew Wylie, ILB Ben Niemann, CB Charvarius Ward.

6. The Chiefs re-sign OG Kelechi Osemele (2 years, $8m); DE Tanoh Kpassagnon (3 years, $21m), S Dan Sorensen (2 years, $5m).

7. The Chiefs re-sign to a minimal deals FB Anthony Sherman, CB Antonio Hamilton.

8. The Chiefs let walk QB Matt Moore, RB DeAndre Washington, WR Sammy Watkins, WR Demarcus Robinson, TE Ricky Seals-Jones, OG Mike Remmers, C Austin Reiter, DT Mike Pennel, DE Taco Charlton, DE Demone Harris, OLB Damien Wilson, CB Bashaud Breeland, S Tedric Thompson.

9. The Chiefs sign free agent WR John Ross (Bengals).

10. The Chiefs net two compensatory picks, a 4th and a 5th. They are picking 32nd.

The draft:

1. OT Jalen Mayfield, Michigan
The Chiefs trade a 2022 1st round pick to move up.
2 (Fisher). DE Patrick Jones, Pitt
2. CB Marco Wilson, Florida
3. WR Dazz Newsome, North Carolina
4. OLB KJ Britt, Auburn
4 (Fuller). OL Matt Allen, Michigan State
5 (Fisher). CB Thomas Graham, Jr., Oregon
5. OLB Monty Rice, Georgia
5 (Ogbah). DT Christian Barmore, Alabama
7. TE Noah Gray, Duke

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Ta'amu
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Williams, Thompson
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Hardman, Newsome, Pringle, Ross
TE: Kelce, Yelder, Gray

LT: Mayfield, Niang
LG: Osemele, Wylie
C: Williams vs. Allegretti vs. Allen
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Rankin
RT: Schwartz, Niang

DE: Clark, Danna
DT: Jones, Saunders
DT: Nnadi, Barmore
DE: Kpassagnon, Jones, Speaks

OLB: Gay, O'Daniel
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Britt, Rice

CB: Ward, Wilson, Sneed, Fenton, Hamilton, Graham
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Sorensen, Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 AM 08-15-2020
Can I ask why we would trade a good LT only to immediately have to draft another one and actually have to trade up for another one?
[Reply]
Chargem 08:27 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can I ask why we would trade a good LT only to immediately have to draft another one and actually have to trade up for another one?
The answer would be Benjamins, not that I agree with it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:01 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well you have to have a good LT.

Fisher gets very cuttable next year, and the cap will squeeze us like it will everyone.

Which is why we’re also going to need those picks.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 11:15 AM 08-15-2020
MUCK DRAFT=All Drafts before the Combine are MUCK DRAFTS. Please Title your Mucks Accordingly.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:52 PM 08-15-2020
I think we'd save roughly 11.5 million by trading Fisher next season.

I think I'd be fine with it if there was a LT we could pick up for close to the vet minimum who would be a good stand in as we develop our next franchise tackle.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:05 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Fisher gets very cuttable next year, and the cap will squeeze us like it will everyone.

This is just fucking stupid.

The Chiefs HAVE a good left tackle and attempting to replace him while the Chiefs are currently in their prime window for additonal Super Bowl victories would be outright dumb.

Just like this thread.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:

I think I'd be fine with it if there was a LT we could pick up for close to the vet minimum who would be a good stand in as we develop our next franchise tackle.
:-)

Is this a joke? Where in the fuck is any NFL team able to find a "good" left tackle for $1 million per?

JFC, this is definitely in the running for dumbest post of 2020.
[Reply]
DrRyan 03:40 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

:-) Chances or Fisher being cut or traded have to be less than 5%. Even that seems way high.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:36 AM 08-16-2020
Is Chad Henne really better than Matt Moore?

The Chiefs proved they could win with Moore, and won with him coming off the street, plus Moore has a cheaper contract, not by a whole lot, but it's cheaper.

Seems like I'd rather keep him over Henne...guess for whatever reason the coaches feel different?
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:08 AM 08-20-2020
Jesus fuck people, good LT's are not easy to find, look around the league. My god...
[Reply]
Hoover 10:46 AM 08-20-2020
Apparently the rules in creating a Chiefs mock draft are as follows.

1. Assume Chiefs win the Super Bowl
2. Trade away players at key position in order to gain mid round draft picks and cap space.
3. Cut any player on a rookie contract that isn't performing at a pro-bowl level.

Go!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:07 AM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Apparently the rules in creating a Chiefs mock draft are as follows.

1. Assume Chiefs win the Super Bowl
2. Trade away players at key position in order to gain mid round draft picks and cap space.
3. Cut any player on a rookie contract that isn't performing at a pro-bowl level.

Go!
It's better than the previous rule that we lost in the AFCCG or Super Bowl.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:59 PM 08-21-2020
If they need cap space that bad, they’ll just convert some roster bonuses to signing bonus (Mahomes especially).

Fisher is staying unless he sucks this year for some odd reason.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:37 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:

If we look hard enough maybe we can find a good LT willing to volunteer, that’s even cheaper.
[Reply]
Up