ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Nzoner's Game Room>Even with Mahomes, the Chiefs are still NFL dregs
BlackOp 05:47 PM 10-13-2019
Count me as one who thought once the Chiefs landed a "Face of the NFL" QB....that the days of getting lop-sided, questionable officiated games were over.

I thought the 4th quarter of the AFCCG was a league-mandated parting gift for TB12....and a changing of the guard was coming. Honestly, I was just hoping for a future of evenly called games.

Turns out, nothing has changed. Its the same as last year and the 40+ seasons before that.

My continued interest in the NFL was contingent on the emergence of Mahomes and the Chiefs finally being treated like the elite franchises...one's that always get the close 50/50 breaks because it was good for business and, at the very least, were treated fairly.

Nope. What we saw today is foreshadowing of the post-season...and what type of officiating they will receive.

I'll be the same as it ever was....the powers that be have a long-stemming disdain for this franchise. Might go all the way back to Hunt forming a competing league with the mafia.

Who knows the motives...all I can say is it exists...and even the MVP cant change it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:17 PM 09-18-2020
In order to understand BlackOps, you must first understand the effects of 'shrooms on the brain.

[Reply]
rydogg58 12:39 PM 09-18-2020
If Ubeja Vontell and X factor hooked up and had a baby, it would be less crazy than BlackOp.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:38 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Your posts read like like a trapped child...this thread is interesting.

Those who have no real understanding of the world they are in...convincing themselves they haven't been indoctrinated. That their thoughts are their own...and arrogantly defending their ignorance.

It's cool....live your lives. Remain stationary...

You guys have literally no idea what I'm talking about....probably said too much anyway...wrong venue.

Enjoy your football...and what ever immediate gratification needed to delay, deflect and distract.
Delusions of grandeur
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:59 PM 09-18-2020
What in the . . .?

Hello conspiracy dipsticks, if there were really a conspiracy in the NFL, do you really think they'd have let KC draft Mahomes? He would've gone to an LA team or a NY team. There's literally no scenario where they let Mahomes go to KC.

Dumbasses.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:32 PM 09-18-2020
I can't lie. It feels like we've gotten much less BS from the refs starting last season.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:47 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I can't lie. It feels like we've gotten much less BS from the refs starting last season.
We def got a couple of calls in the Super Bowl that we NEVER used to get in years past. The whining from mostly Patriots fans about that has been hilarious, as the Patriots definitely got the better end of the officiating in the 2019 AFC Championship Game.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:32 AM 09-19-2020

[Reply]
mdstu 08:55 AM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Delusions of grandeur
I love this song.

[Reply]
carcosa 11:24 AM 09-19-2020
I'm glad the Jesuits decided to let the Chiefs win the Super Bowl!!!!
[Reply]
vonBobo 11:44 AM 09-19-2020
Find it funny that the OP wanted to leave not just because the league is corrupt but because the league wasn't corrupt for the chiefs.

The real failure of the league is a TEAM must have one of the top 5 qbs in the league or the chances of winning a super bowl is almost zero. It's not a kneeling problem, it's not a flag football problem, it's that the average busy human may not have the time or desire to cheer for the local perennial 8-8 team.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:09 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Find it funny that the OP wanted to leave not just because the league is corrupt but because the league wasn't corrupt for the chiefs.

The real failure of the league is a TEAM must have one of the top 5 qbs in the league or the chances of winning a super bowl is almost zero. It's not a kneeling problem, it's not a flag football problem, it's that the average busy human may not have the time or desire to cheer for the local perennial 8-8 team.
Teams with non-elite QBs win the Super Bowl or get close often enough to make it interesting. Garoppolo made it last year. Goff the year before. Tannehill almost made it last year. Foles won. Kaepernick nearly won. The Broncos and Patriots won with their elite QBs when they were over the hill or damn close to it. Eli Manning won it twice.

And if the average busy human didn't have the time or desire to watch their local perennial 8-8 team, the Chiefs wouldn't have had packed stadiums for 30 years before Mahomes.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:29 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
That's actually not true at all...I've never advocated for KC to get "cheap" calls to win a game. I actually called out the refs on the 2018 SF game...

I've conceded that the NFL is "suspension of disbelief" entertainment...is what it is.

Interesting that the only post-season in recent Chiefs history to NOT get a game altering call...they went to the SB. Funny how that works..

The previous 3 post-season exits...

Titans game...Triplette calls forward progress on a sack-fumble play that ended up being the point differential. It might be the worst call in history...next to the NFCCG..Saints/Rams.

Steelers..they remove a 2 point conversion that sends the game to OT.

Patriots...all 4th quarter. Phantom ruffing call on Jones, Incomplete pass upheld on Hogan, Edelman muffed punt overturned...which requires overwhelming visual evidence..yet took 5 minutes to decide. Ford neutral zone infraction...which typically gets a warning to the HC...and is a ticky-tack call anyways in a AFCCG, late in the 4th quarter. This would not have been called on NE...

When I made this thread, NE was undefeated and had the easiest schedule in like 70 years. KC was up 27-9 and the refs not only picked up a DPI flag..that was accurate...but awarded the Texans a turnover. This game was becoming a rout..and since it was nationally televised...didn't want people tuning out.

So yes...when this was posted, it appeared KC was going to keep the tradition of being robbed. It had HFA destroying potential at that point of the season...and long-standing fans deserved to be pissed. It appeared even with the emergence of Mahomes, it wasn't enough to quit getting these insane calls against them...hence "still Dregs" in the title.

Only because this thread was necro-posted...after the season played out how it did...was it shit upon...which was the intention. He was trying to set me up for a mob pile-on....which it did.

Like everyone knew after that game...that KC was going to get a controversial call-free post-seaon...it had never happened in 50 years prior. I cant remember KC ever getting a controversial call, in their favor, during that span...not one.

The Chiefs appear to have shedded the "Dreg" label....and anyone, who is a long-time fan, notices the difference in officiating towards them...which means its intentional. The drive killing penalties at crucial moments have vanished...the ticky-tack calls no longer happen.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:48 PM 09-19-2020

You guys have literally no idea what I'm talking about....
Literally the only correct thing you've said in 8 years here
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:16 PM 09-19-2020
That's actually not true at all...I've never advocated for KC to get "cheap" calls to win a game. I actually called out the refs on the 2018 SF game...

I've conceded that the NFL is "suspension of disbelief" entertainment...is what it is.

Interesting that the only post-season in recent Chiefs history to NOT get a game altering call...they went to the SB. Funny how that works..

The previous 3 post-season exits...

Titans game...Triplette calls forward progress on a sack-fumble play that ended up being the point differential. It might be the worst call in history...next to the NFCCG..Saints/Rams.

Steelers..they remove a 2 point conversion that sends the game to OT.

Patriots...all 4th quarter. Phantom ruffing call on Jones, Incomplete pass upheld on Hogan, Edelman muffed punt overturned...which requires overwhelming visual evidence..yet took 5 minutes to decide. Ford neutral zone infraction...which typically gets a warning to the HC...and is a ticky-tack call anyways in a AFCCG, late in the 4th quarter. This would not have been called on NE...

When I made this thread, NE was undefeated and had the easiest schedule in like 70 years. KC was up 27-9 and the refs not only picked up a DPI flag..that was accurate...but awarded the Texans a turnover. This game was becoming a rout..and since it was nationally televised...didn't want people tuning out.

So yes...when this was posted, it appeared KC was going to keep the tradition of being robbed. It had HFA destroying potential at that point of the season...and long-standing fans deserved to be pissed. It appeared even with the emergence of Mahomes, it wasn't enough to quit getting these insane calls against them...hence "still Dregs" in the title.

Only because this thread was necro-posted...after the season played out how it did...was it shit upon...which was the intention. He was trying to set me up for a mob pile-on....which it did.

Like everyone knew after that game...that KC was going to get a controversial call-free post-seaon...it had never happened in 50 years prior. I cant remember KC ever getting a controversial call, in their favor, during that span...not one.

The Chiefs appear to have shedded the "Dreg" label....and anyone, who is a long-time fan, notices the difference in officiating towards them...which means its intentional. The drive killing penalties at crucial moments have vanished...the ticky-tack calls no longer happen.
You're still going to have to drop your holier-than-thou attitude regarding intellect for anyone to take you seriously...

Just a thought
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 02:42 PM 09-19-2020
Maybe dismissive is a more accurate adjective describing your posting than my original retort. No one wants to engage with someone that constantly acts as if they are always right; no one is
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up