ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Aquaman Trailer
Tribal Warfare 02:19 PM 07-21-2018

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:33 PM 12-19-2018
Got my tickets for IMAX Sunday afternoon.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:35 PM 12-19-2018
Going to see this on Saturday.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:05 AM 12-21-2018
saw it last night. so over the top & ridiculous that I just ran with it haha and yeah it was pretty entertaining overall (I can understand completely why China is eating this shit up and its making tons of money over there) . James Wan goes all in on the direction and action sequences. also the underwater scenes were pretty impressive too.
Would recommend seeing it on the biggest screen possible!
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:54 PM 12-21-2018
The theater I usually go to, just up the street from my house, has standard showings at 3:15 and 9:15 and all other showings are in 3D. WTF mate???

I don't want to be forced to watch your shitty 3D movie because you want to charge me more. I guess I will just go to a different theater ****heads.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:10 PM 12-21-2018
I liked it a lot, right up there with Wonder Woman for me. It just hit all the right notes, great story, full fledged battles in the sea, good ending battle, good villains, great visuals, just a really fun time. People say it’s so over the top but in all honesty how else are you going to tell the story of Aquaman without doing what they did? I think it would’ve been a half ass origin story if they did things much differently. Definitely a good DC movie and a great step in the right direction.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:43 PM 12-22-2018
A little long but pretty good
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:57 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I liked it a lot, right up there with Wonder Woman for me. It just hit all the right notes, great story, full fledged battles in the sea, good ending battle, good villains, great visuals, just a really fun time. People say it’s so over the top but in all honesty how else are you going to tell the story of Aquaman without doing what they did? I think it would’ve been a half ass origin story if they did things much differently. Definitely a good DC movie and a great step in the right direction.
Completely agree. The visuals were outstanding in IMAX and it was a really fun movie. Great job by James Wan building this world. I'm excited for DC as they need to do this with individual movies and right the ship. I'd put my favorite DC movies as WW and Aquaman as 1 and 1A, then Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Extended Edition, Justice League, and Suicide Squad.

I'm excited for Shazam to continue this and a WW and Aquaman sequel. Now I just hope they make a Man Of Steel sequel someday. We know Batman will be back.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:18 PM 12-23-2018
7.5/10.

2nd best movie in the DCEU behind Wonder Woman. I think part of the reason why those 2 movies have been so good is because they're isolated, per se, from the rest of the DCEU. Suicide Squad, BvS, MoS all focused on building universes. These 2 films didn't.

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Completely agree. The visuals were outstanding in IMAX and it was a really fun movie. Great job by James Wan building this world. I'm excited for DC as they need to do this with individual movies and right the ship. I'd put my favorite DC movies as WW and Aquaman as 1 and 1A, then Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Extended Edition, Justice League, and Suicide Squad.

I'm excited for Shazam to continue this and a WW and Aquaman sequel. Now I just hope they make a Man Of Steel sequel someday. We know Batman will be back.
Is BvS the extended cut worth watching? I know it fills in a lot of holes in the film, but doesn't fill everything. Does it make an enjoyable movie?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:23 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
7.5/10.

2nd best movie in the DCEU behind Wonder Woman. I think part of the reason why those 2 movies have been so good is because they're isolated, per se, from the rest of the DCEU. Suicide Squad, BvS, MoS all focused on building universes. These 2 films didn't.

Is BvS the extended cut worth watching? I know it fills in a lot of holes in the film, but doesn't fill everything. Does it make an enjoyable movie?
I'd say it fills necessary pieces and makes it more enjoyable imo but if you thought the original was a 5/10 then you'd probably give it a 6 or 6.5/10. If you kindve like it then It'll help but it's still not a great superhero movie even though I like it better than JL.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:01 AM 12-24-2018
Are people longing for good movies from the DC universe so bad that they think these are really that good?

I saw it and while it wasn't absolutely horrible it was mediocre at best. I would give it a 6/10 or maybe a 6.5/10. If you thought Wonder Woman was OK but not great as well I would guess you would probably be in line with my rankings. If you thought WW was the best shit since sliced bread you will probably disagree with my ranking.

My wife usually likes most of the Marvel movies and she leaned over about 3/4 of the way through the movie and says "Are you liking this movie?" with a dumbfounded look on her face.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:55 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Are people longing for good movies from the DC universe so bad that they think these are really that good?

I saw it and while it wasn't absolutely horrible it was mediocre at best. I would give it a 6/10 or maybe a 6.5/10. If you thought Wonder Woman was OK but not great as well I would guess you would probably be in line with my rankings. If you thought WW was the best shit since sliced bread you will probably disagree with my ranking.

My wife usually likes most of the Marvel movies and she leaned over about 3/4 of the way through the movie and says "Are you liking this movie?" with a dumbfounded look on her face.
The U.S. public's not buying it, so far.

Originally Posted by :
Let’s be the first to congratulate Warner Bros. for smart thinking. They released “Aquaman” in China and other countries well before its US debut and scored over $332 million at the box office. I mean, that was genius.

Now reality bites in the US where “Aquaman” is not only all wet but may be in danger of drowning. Friday night returns here were $32 million, which included $13.7 million from Thursday previews and earlier showings on Amazon Prime. That puts “Aquaman” below the top 5 openings for DC Universe releases.
https://www.showbiz411.com/2018/12/2...ic-book-movies

Originally Posted by :
“Aquaman” is not Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman.

The DC Universe water works brought in just $72 million for the weekend (including Thursday previews). That puts it well below the top five of DC Extended Universe films, below reviled movies like “Batman v. Superman” and “Man of Steel.”
https://www.showbiz411.com/2018/12/2...orldwide-smash
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:40 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The U.S. public's not buying it, so far.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2018/12/2...ic-book-movies

https://www.showbiz411.com/2018/12/2...orldwide-smash

You can’t judge Christmas releases box office like the typical movies released at other parts of the year. They typically open modest then play very well over the next month.

The next two week nearly everyday will play like a Saturday because so many people are out of school and work.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:28 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
You can’t judge Christmas releases box office like the typical movies released at other parts of the year. They typically open modest then play very well over the next month.

The next two week nearly everyday will play like a Saturday because so many people are out of school and work.
:-)

I can only post the numbers for what's happened so far.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:24 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
:-)

I can only post the numbers for what's happened so far.
Understand

Actually I was just reading that this is one of the largest December openings ever.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:58 PM 12-24-2018
A- cinescore I heard so audiences seem to dig it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up