ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 38
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Media Center>What are you spinning?
rabblerouser 05:00 PM 04-14-2018
LPs, CDs, Concert DVDs...What you been listening to?

Recent spins :
Blackberry Smoke - Find A Light - LP
Jimi Hendrix - Both Sides of the Sky - LP
Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won - Blu-Ray Audio
Jack White - Boarding House Reach - LP
Foo Fighters -Concrete & Gold - LP
Waylon Jennings - New Stuff - LP
Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie - LP
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - LP
Clutch - Elephant Riders - CD
Rolling Stones - Metamorphosis - Hybrid SACD
Coochie liquor 02:54 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Here is the best of what I was spinning in 2018.

Honorable Mentions:
Everyday - Billie Idle
Sick Idols - Melon Batake a GoGo
Non-Tie Up - BiSH
Monster - Aldious
Nebagiba - You'll Melt More
Lightning Strikes - Judas Priest
Rainer Fog - Alice in Chains
Autonomous nerve on business trip - PEDRO
Secret Maiko Lips - BAND-MAIKO(BAND-MAID)

15) Raise Your Banner - Within Temptation.

A return to form for Within Temptation. Their previous release was more poppier but the two singles release this year off of Resist have been harder and darker. More like the Heart of Everything album.

14)Sky of Rubble - Yanakoto Sotto Mute

A group I haven't posted about yet but they have a great grungier poppy rock sound.

13)Firepower - Judas Priest

Firepower was a good album but the end is nigh for Judas Priest. The title track is my favorite off the album. Halford proves even nearing 70 he can still scream better than 98% of the singers out there.

12)Domination - BAND-MAID

Band-Maid really grew this year releasing probably the best album of the year and going on a short world tour while also headlining a small festival named after them in Japan. Domination is the title track of the album World Domination and won't be the only song from that album on the list.

11)P.S.R.I.P - Billie Idle

Billie Idle picked up Pour Lui this year as she joined her former BiS group mates. So far their new releases with Lui haven't been as punky as Billie Idle's other stuff and P.S.R.I.P found its way on to my playlists more often.

10)Cockroach - Screaming Heana Cat

A collaboration album from Screaming 60s, who will collaborate with almost any rock band in Japan, and The Heana Cat a guitar, keyboards, and bass duo who play a wide variety of rock music.
I was skeptical of the new AIC, but it’s damn good! Very impressed with it!
GloucesterChief 03:01 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I was skeptical of the new AIC, but it’s damn good! Very impressed with it!
Yep. Never Fade is in my top 5 songs for the year.
Pablo 07:56 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
New MW

That was fucking great. My two year old wandered over and wanted to sit in my lap as I was playing it. I think he enjoyed it too.
KCUnited 09:53 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That was fucking great. My two year old wandered over and wanted to sit in my lap as I was playing it. I think he enjoyed it too.
It was refreshing to see a throwback style music video depicting everyday folks celebrating life in America. The world needs more dads like you. Sounds like you may want to start setting something aside for future medical expenses now though.
Demonpenz 10:00 AM 12-22-2018
the guy drinking the bong water was great with the hot af girl being like wtf
KCUnited 10:05 AM 12-22-2018
Yeah where them girls at when I was into metal? We were stuck doing lines off the house fleshlight.
KCUnited 02:14 PM 12-22-2018
Brand new track from the KCMOhomies Inner Altar. New wave of traditional dooooom. Full album drops next month.

GloucesterChief 02:58 PM 12-22-2018
5) Never Fade - Alice in Chains

I am a big AiC fan and like pretty much everything they put out. Rainer Fog was a great album and is typical AiC: somber lyrics with excellent guitar and
vocal harmonizing. Duvall isn't Staley but he fits well with the band's sound.

4)Strange Aeons - Necronomidol

It was a good year for Necronomidol. They did a tour of Europe and performed as a headliner for a festivals in Portland and Anaheim. Along the way they released two versions of Strange Aeons once as a single and another on a full length album. Unfortunately, the end of the year also came with the announcement that two members, one a original, would be leaving right after the new year.

3)hate!hate!hate! - Hikari Shiina

Shiina has had a strange career. Starting off as a teen model in fashion magazines she then expanded into being a pop idol, which she was half hearted with. A meeting with the then management and producer of the original BiS led her to doing more of her own thing including using her growling 'death voice'. From there she built a following doing death pop, pop songs with growling vocals in them and a macabre sense. Her latest release ditched the pop sounds completely going straight to metal.

2)Soil - There There Theres

The There There Theres are one of the most experienced alt-idols groups starting off as Bellring Heart Girls before disbanding and reforming under a different name even keeping the same stage costumes. Soil is typical of their style gloomy yet very catchy. The b-side of the single that this song comes from is also very good.

1)Turn Me On - Band-Maid

2018 was the year of Band-Maid for me. Their only misstep was the Start Over single other than that they put out the album of the year and went on a small world tour. Turn Me On shows off Kanami Tono's, the band's main songwriter, influences from Metallica and is all around a damn great hard rock song particularly the live versions which feature a bass and drums intro.
Rivaldo 06:54 PM 12-23-2018

Rivaldo 02:30 AM 12-24-2018

Rivaldo 02:40 AM 12-24-2018
you guys see how I add to the embed to give it a starting point and end point?

Pure Art

not the band Art
Rivaldo 12:03 AM 12-25-2018
He had a lot to say. He had a lot of nothing to say, we'll miss OP.

Swanman 09:19 AM 12-26-2018
I am digging the new Astronoid track

Easy 6 11:25 PM 12-28-2018

Rivaldo 02:13 PM 12-31-2018

Page 29 of 38
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up