ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Jack Ryan TV Series
listopencil 09:51 PM 10-11-2017

I like the look of it. I think John Krasinski can pull it off.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:50 PM 04-28-2019
It was renewed on April 24th of last year, several months before it premiered. They haven't given a release date for the second season yet.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:50 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Where the hell is Season 2? Google says it is on Prime on the 24th, but my FireTV only has season 1. Anybody got any answers??

Filming for Jack Ryan season 2 is already underway and will take place in Europe, South America, and the United States. Cameras were scheduled to roll on Jack Ryan season 2 in summer 2018, so production mounted before Jack Ryan season 1 premiered on Labor Day weekend. Jack Ryan season 1 began filming in spring 2017, with the first footage of Krasinski as Jack Ryan released that October. Following a similar production and marketing schedule, fans can expect Jack Ryan season 2 to release on Amazon Prime sometime in fall 2019.

https://screenrant.com/jack-ryan-sea...story-details/
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:20 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Filming for Jack Ryan season 2 is already underway and will take place in Europe, South America, and the United States. Cameras were scheduled to roll on Jack Ryan season 2 in summer 2018, so production mounted before Jack Ryan season 1 premiered on Labor Day weekend. Jack Ryan season 1 began filming in spring 2017, with the first footage of Krasinski as Jack Ryan released that October. Following a similar production and marketing schedule, fans can expect Jack Ryan season 2 to release on Amazon Prime sometime in fall 2019.

https://screenrant.com/jack-ryan-sea...story-details/
I must have misread the release date...Thanks...
[Reply]
listopencil 08:05 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I must have misread the release date...Thanks...

I got all excited when I read your post and went a-googling, lol. Ah well. Now we know.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:11 PM 10-28-2019
New season November 1st can’t wait
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:11 PM 11-02-2019
Damn new season killed the first wow
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 AM 11-03-2019
Just finished binge watching season 2. Great story arc. Well done TV. Worth the time.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:47 AM 11-03-2019
I thought it was great until the last episode. Whole thing with the attack on the presidential palace was just fucking dumb storytelling. Fun to watch if you can turn your brain completely off, but it's such a smart show the rest of the season that it was a little jarring to have something happening so far outside the suspension of disbelief. And they telegraphed the 'twist' at the end, but it was still nice seeing the dude get caught.

Overall pretty solid.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:16 PM 11-03-2019
Why couldn't they just launch the satellite normally? Why did it need to be unregistered?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:40 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Why couldn't they just launch the satellite normally? Why did it need to be unregistered?
Cuz if you register your satellite, you have to tell "them" why, and they didn't want to tell them about the deposits of groovy rocks for mining...

...that's why I don't register when I launch mine either...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:38 PM 11-04-2019
Binged season 1 ahead of season 2.

Y'all know that little kid's gonna be a terrorist when he grows up, right? And I kinda feel like Jack knew it, too.

"You saved that boy's life."
"We'll see..."

Really an interesting little twist on Jack Ryan: Idealist Boy Scout. The easier answer would've been for them to just have the happy reunion but the writers put just enough doubt in your mind throughout it to make you think. The boy undoubtedly knew what his father was up to and he seemed pretty much okay with it. Then Jack sorta drove it home at the reunion - he's well aware of the problems the kid may pose someday.

I liked it. Krasinksi made the "Jim Face" a little too often (The Office fans know exactly the face I'm talking about) but it got better as the season went on. And holy hell - dude got YOKED for the role.

Watched episode 1 of season 2 and it appears they've just decided to write Cathy out? I mean - they get married in the books, so that's an interesting shift. The actress that plays her isn't listed in season 2 at all so I presume she's just gonna stay gone. I wonder if they'll bring her back in Season 3 should he spend more time stateside. Probably just not a good way to do include her from a narrative structure in a season shot almost exclusively out of the country - though they could've just tossed a reference in there at some point to let the fans know she still existed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Binged season 1 ahead of season 2.

Y'all know that little kid's gonna be a terrorist when he grows up, right? And I kinda feel like Jack knew it, too.

"You saved that boy's life."
"We'll see..."

Really an interesting little twist on Jack Ryan: Idealist Boy Scout. The easier answer would've been for them to just have the happy reunion but the writers put just enough doubt in your mind throughout it to make you think. The boy undoubtedly knew what his father was up to and he seemed pretty much okay with it. Then Jack sorta drove it home at the reunion - he's well aware of the problems the kid may pose someday.

I liked it. Krasinksi made the "Jim Face" a little too often (The Office fans know exactly the face I'm talking about) but it got better as the season went on. And holy hell - dude got YOKED for the role.

Watched episode 1 of season 2 and it appears they've just decided to write Cathy out? I mean - they get married in the books, so that's an interesting shift. The actress that plays her isn't listed in season 2 at all so I presume she's just gonna stay gone. I wonder if they'll bring her back in Season 3 should he spend more time stateside. Probably just not a good way to do include her from a narrative structure in a season shot almost exclusively out of the country - though they could've just tossed a reference in there at some point to let the fans know she still existed.
He’s single in this version.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:02 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He’s single in this version.
They're setting him up to come out as the gay character that every new series needs in Season 3. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 01:44 PM 12-23-2022
Season three is out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 12-23-2022
They've made him too Jason Bourne for my tastes...

We have enough of that kind of character.

Jack isn't Domingo Chavez or John Clark. They've turned this series into Rainbow Six and I don't particularly care for that direction.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up