ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 369 of 386
« First < 269319359365366367368369 370371372373379 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:31 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Definitely feels rushed. I'm definitely not feeling the same level of disappointment as with the new Star Wars but I'm really hoping GRRM gets his act together. I imagine the finished product with the books would be much better.
I think the ending points will be nearly identical, but the journey and the motivations that lead there will actually make sense.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:02 AM 05-22-2019
Quote from GRRM, when asked who deserves to be on the Iron Throne:

"I don’t know that ‘deserve’ is really an operative word. The Iron Throne doesn’t necessarily go to who deserves it, but to who has the power to take and to hold it."

I don't think the books will end with the remaining lords deciding that Bran should be King. If Bran gets the throne it will be because he took it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:40 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Quote from GRRM, when asked who deserves to be on the Iron Throne:

"I don’t know that ‘deserve’ is really an operative word. The Iron Throne doesn’t necessarily go to who deserves it, but to who has the power to take and to hold it."

I don't think the books will end with the remaining lords deciding that Bran should be King. If Bran gets the throne it will be because he took it.
Took it because he had a handicap placard?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:01 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just guessing here, but once the show decided to all but abandon the supernatural elements of the books, Bran was neutered in a way.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:48 AM 05-22-2019
So apparently Martin is saying he should have Winds finished by WorldCon which is in June of 2020.

Take it for what it's worth..
[Reply]
Frazod 06:38 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
So apparently Martin is saying he should have Winds finished by WorldCon which is in June of 2020.

Take it for what it's worth..
Nothing. It is worth nothing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:32 AM 05-22-2019
That's not really what he said. He said that if he doesn't have it finished by worldcon in New Zealand next year, they should lock him up in a cabin until he's done.

I do think it'll be out next year, though. /fingers crossed
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:35 AM 05-22-2019
His thoughts on the show's ending: http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2.../20/an-ending/

Originally Posted by :
How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…

Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?

How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.

[Reply]
Bowser 07:40 AM 05-22-2019
Blah blah blah.....just finish the books you attention seeking whore.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:18 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Took it because he's nearly a god.
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:14 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Took it because he's nearly a god.
Technically he can look up the entire history of any house and air out their dirty laundry. So he does have all the power, but half the lords and ladies don't know it yet.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:25 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just guessing here, but once the show decided to all but abandon the supernatural elements of the books, Bran was neutered in a way.
... which was kind of dumb..
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:51 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
... which was kind of dumb..
Eh, I don't know. From a story telling perspective, probably. But HBO is in this to make cash. The heavy supernatural stuff surely would have driven some of the casual fans away.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:07 PM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh, I don't know. From a story telling perspective, probably. But HBO is in this to make cash. The heavy supernatural stuff surely would have driven some of the casual fans away.
I think a lot of this is that GRRM hasn't figured out how to have a character like him in his own lore that doesn't break his own universe. D&D saw this too (or were stumped as well), and in Season 6 chose to use Bran as a vessel for R + L = J (a brilliant move). This allowed them to cover GRRM's source material in a fantastic fashion.

They... struggled after that. I'll maintain that if GRRM had gotten off his ass, this adaptation would have been far better in Season 7 and 8.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:12 PM 05-22-2019
You gave D&D way too much credit.
[Reply]
Page 369 of 386
« First < 269319359365366367368369 370371372373379 > Last »
Up