ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 386
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:07 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sand is the surname given to Targaryen bastards, like Snow is for the Starks... at least that's what I recall hearing last night
He's not a bastard. They were married.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:08 PM 03-06-2018
Sand is the surname given to Targaryen bastards, like Snow is for the Starks... at least that's what I recall hearing last night
Still, not a bastard
[Reply]
underEJ 01:11 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep that jumped the shark to the point of being comical. Doesn't matter how much you've trained under Syrio Forel or anyone else someone three times your size with a 6 foot long broadsword will bludgeon you silly.
I thought it was a really nice practice fight with one or two moments where they revealed a bit more of what they can each do. I think of Brienne fighting Sandor which Arya also saw. She was absolutely a beast, fighting dirty and doing whatever she could to gain an edge. She only did that once with Arya, knocking her down, and then Arya surprised her with the dagger catch, but neither of them went all in.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:20 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep that jumped the shark to the point of being comical. Doesn't matter how much you've trained under Syrio Forel or anyone else someone three times your size with a 6 foot long broadsword will bludgeon you silly.
Yeah, I have to agree. Imagine fighting a guy with serious skills ... and you are staring them in the rib cage. And they have a sword three times bigger and heavier than yours and really know how to use it. I don't care how much of a badass you are.

[Reply]
Setsuna 02:24 PM 03-06-2018
No that's completely wrong. All bastard names are based on the region in which they are born. Snow for Northern lands, Sand for Dornish lands, Rivers for Riverlands, etc. Anyways ain't no way Arya is leaving Jon's side again. Yall must be out of your minds. Out of all her family members she loves and cherishes Jon the most, bar none.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:29 PM 03-06-2018

Sand is the name for bastards born in Dorne, actually.

Snow in the north. Flowers and Waters are two names for bastards born in other kingdoms. I can’t remember any others though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:37 PM 03-06-2018
Yep you guys are right, had forgotten they were married in secret by the stream
[Reply]
otherstar 02:49 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Yeah, I have to agree. Imagine fighting a guy with serious skills ... and you are staring them in the rib cage. And they have a sword three times bigger and heavier than yours and really know how to use it. I don't care how much of a badass you are.

Both characters have serious skills. Swords like Brienne are not light and are actually somewhat clumsy to wield. Someone fast and small like Arya could get inside the reach of Brienne. IRL, I've seen stuff like this happen when watching a really tall karate black belt spar with a really short black belt. The short was able to get inside the reach of the tall one.

For those who've read the books, it's thought that the lady in green with red hair in the archway is a tribute to Lady Stoneheart, who was left out of the show.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:18 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by otherstar:
Both characters have serious skills. Swords like Brienne are not light and are actually somewhat clumsy to wield. Someone fast and small like Arya could get inside the reach of Brienne. IRL, I've seen stuff like this happen when watching a really tall karate black belt spar with a really short black belt. The short was able to get inside the reach of the tall one.

For those who've read the books, it's thought that the lady in green with red hair in the archway is a tribute to Lady Stoneheart, who was left out of the show.
In real life, you have never seen someone beat up someone more than twice their size unless the smaller guy was infinitely more skilled than the larger guy. Not in a real fight. Of course with swords it is different, as a well placed thrust can kill you. And had Arya quickly and surprisingly got the jump on Brienne, it would be believable. But they were going toe to toe, parrying heavy blows with a tiny sword.

You could make the argument that Arya and Brienne were only sparring and Brienne was going easy on Arya in order not to hurt her. And I think she definitely was ... to a point. It makes that scene a little more palatable.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:52 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I thought it was a really nice practice fight with one or two moments where they revealed a bit more of what they can each do. I think of Brienne fighting Sandor which Arya also saw. She was absolutely a beast, fighting dirty and doing whatever she could to gain an edge. She only did that once with Arya, knocking her down, and then Arya surprised her with the dagger catch, but neither of them went all in.
That's the best way to view it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:34 PM 03-06-2018
As for how Cersei goes down, I put forth the Night King earlier... but it could also easily be Arya

All she needs is a face to get in close to anyone, and Jamie Lannister will soon be joining the Stark camp... :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:36 PM 03-06-2018
Yep you guys are right, had forgotten they were married in secret by the stream
which no one knows about in Westeros but a handful of people.

There is actual reputable documentation to back up the claim that John Snow is the legitimate heir to the throne. But, at this point no one is going to give the kingdom to someone because of what’s written on a religious persons personal notes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:40 PM 03-06-2018
As for how Cersei goes down, I put forth the Night King earlier... but it could also easily be Arya

All she needs is a face to get in close to anyone, and Jamie Lannister will soon be joining the Stark camp... :-)
it has to be Jamie because of her visit and future told to her in the hut where she was told that her brother would kill her. That’s why, in part, she hates Tyrion. She thinks it’s him who will kill her.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:49 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If Brienne was carrying Oathkeeper it would have been over in 5 seconds.
Depends. Bruce Lee was able to defeat people bigger and stronger than him in real life combat tournaments. If your quick yet strong, you can win.

GOT has already provided an example of the smaller person winning matches. The Viper had the Mountain beat in fair combat. The Viper just took his eyes off his opponent. Not a physical defeat, but a mental one.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:54 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
which no one knows about in Westeros but a handful of people.

There is actual reputable documentation to back up the claim that John Snow is the legitimate heir to the throne. But, at this point no one is going to give the kingdom to someone because of what’s written on a religious persons personal notes.
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
it has to be Jamie because of her visit and future told to her in the hut where she was told that her brother would kill her. That’s why, in part, she hates Tyrion. She thinks it’s him who will kill her.
Heh, its amazing how much this show gets into ones head, was thinking about that exact aspect of Jon Snows claim to the throne last night... there is no hard and fast proof (as of yet) only Bran Starks visions

That wont be enough most likely

As for who gets Cersei, hell anyone could be right... but my hunch is that Arya gets the top kill on her list

And Clegane will be with her to take on his brother, preventing the Mountain from intervening :-)
[Reply]
Page 153 of 386
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up