ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 386
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:17 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, Martin kinda fucked his fans here.

Again.

Because while D&D aren't great writers, they did do a fantastic job of adapting his work. They're more like great editors than they are truly great creative minds.

And man is it showing now.
I came to post this very thing
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:50 PM 08-22-2017
In D&D's defense, this isn't their story, it's Martin's and even that motherfucker is taking 5 years between books.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:56 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
And every ranger sent out from the night's watch was on horseback.
But yeah.
Run Gendry, run.
Those guys never really went to the mountains. And I am kind of assuming Benjen's horse is undead like him but even if not one horse is way different than twelve. Just saying that an argument could be made for them to elect to leave them behind.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:11 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Those guys never really went to the mountains. And I am kind of assuming Benjen's horse is undead like him but even if not one horse is way different than twelve. Just saying that an argument could be made for them to elect to leave them behind.
I hear you. My disappointment at the drop off from Martin's writing has me picking nits. My bad.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:40 PM 08-22-2017
You mean the hole in the ice that the Night King or Wights could have refrozen solid with a gesture?
Can they? They were waiting for the lake to freeze before attacking.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:48 PM 08-22-2017
And every ranger sent out from the night's watch was on horseback.
But yeah.
Run Gendry, run.
Yep.

Rangings were done on horseback as a matter of course.

That dog don't hunt.

It's just another contrivance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:50 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The books do have them ranging up and past the fist of the first men. That's the mountains.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:52 PM 08-22-2017
Lets just hug it out, bros.
[Reply]
underEJ 08:09 PM 08-22-2017
I hear you. My disappointment at the drop off from Martin's writing has me picking nits. My bad.
Criticism is totally fair. People are passionate about it because they love it.

I think it is just because there are so many nits to pick that it is easy to get out of hand and start to get pretty angry, but if you take any one of them it kind of isn't really even that bad.

The time cuts are some of the biggest complaints I think and even that you can temper a bit. People say it takes a month to get from kings landing to Winterfell according to episode 1 Cersei, but if you think about it that is with a queens wheelhouse and a host of hundreds. That's like moving a town. You can easily think it is much less for riders in small groups or for Cat who beat them there by boat. How long in episode time did it take? one episode by road, half an episode by boat. The only difference is you saw the travel then and now there is just shit to do, and for some reason it feels like a vast difference.

My biggest one is Arya, but I am holding out hope that in plotting against Littlefinger, they had some kind of plan to bicker when he could see them or one of his spies could report to him the disagreements, but since they don't know each other very well any more, they are getting surprised by their own feelings about each other and saying a bunch of shit they didn't know they meant until they heard themselves say it. I hope that Sansa proves her loyalty to Arya by betraying Littlefinger, and then they can have a real talk about what they have been through and we get a pack survives moment like the trailer and then they both readopt their full Stark identity, and maybe they are good again, though I don't know if those two can ever be close. There are also possible clues in the papers Sansa burns, the way she talks to Brienne, and the two times a raven caws in the early disagreements, like maybe Bran confirming they are actually being seen, not to mention the poor job sneaking Arya did for Littlefinger, but how silently she got into her room to surprise Sansa with the faces.

So yes, I hold out some hope. I'll slash and burn later if needs be! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yep.

Rangings were done on horseback as a matter of course.

That dog don't hunt.

It's just another contrivance.
My biggest problem was none of them wore hoods. Or hats. Or scarves. Or anything that would have stopped their ears from freezing off. Most bodily heat escapes through the head, GoT guys. Might not have been an issue for Tormund, but for the rest of them.... seriously. The only guy who covered his face was Benjen, and the cold shouldn't bother him because HE'S FUCKING DEAD.

:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:19 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My biggest problem was none of them wore hoods. Or hats. Or scarves. Or anything that would have stopped their ears from freezing off. Most bodily heat escapes through the head, GoT guys. Might not have been an issue for Tormund, but for the rest of them.... seriously. The only guy who covered his face was Benjen, and the cold shouldn't bother him because HE'S FUCKING DEAD.

I was thinking about this in all those scenes. You know how bad it hurts in a blizzard when your ears are exposed!? I was wondering which fucker was getting frostbite and having his ears fall off first.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:27 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:

I was thinking about this in all those scenes. You know how bad it hurts in a blizzard when your ears are exposed!? I was wondering which fucker was getting frostbite and having his ears fall off first.
Especially Dany, flying exposed on the back of a fucking dragon. I mean, her little snow warrior outfit looked nice and all (nice that she had that lying around, eh?) but her head would have been so completely frozen it would have shattered like Wesley Snipes' in Demolition Man if anybody touched it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Can they? They were waiting for the lake to freeze before attacking.
I'll repeat my theory that they weren't waiting for the lake to freeze but for the dragons to be lured into the NK's trap.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:11 PM 08-22-2017

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:14 PM 08-22-2017

[Reply]
Page 103 of 386
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up