keg in kc 10:53 AM 05-15-2015

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:56 AM 05-15-2015

[Reply]
thabear04 12:47 PM 05-20-2015
Great season 1 finale.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:05 PM 05-20-2015
So, Flash's present self went back in time to save his mother, his future self waved him off and then took his past self down the block. So Flash doesn't save his mother, I assume because his future self realized that it was bad mojo to change the past that much or experienced the change and didn't like what happened.

So present Flash ends up accomplishing nothing other than a quick goodbye to mom and creating a black hole in the present.
[Reply]
kcxiv 05:59 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
So, Flash's present self went back in time to save his mother, his future self waved him off and then took his past self down the block. So Flash doesn't save his mother, I assume because his future self realized that it was bad mojo to change the past that much or experienced the change and didn't like what happened.

So present Flash ends up accomplishing nothing other than a quick goodbye to mom and creating a black hole in the present.
Yeah, if he changed his passed, everything in his current time is completely gone. I think he just said, its been long enough we dont need to be fucking with the timelines anymore. Who knows what he would have went back too had he saved his mom.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 10:51 PM 05-20-2015
uhhh so apparently The Flash is a selfish prick? Risking the entire world to say goodbye to his mom... this is not even a personal decision like they make it out to be, if he changes the timeline then everyone's lives also change, they have as much of a right to this decision than he does because it directly affects them. And then on top of that he doesn't even change the past so when it comes down to it, all that really happened is that he created a black hole and destroyed part of the city. Wow. Thanks, Barry.

I loved the nod to the original Flash helmet that Wells recognized. Also notice how Eddie's body goes into the wormhole (thus his body is preserved somewhere, probably resulting in the possibility of Wells coming back in the future).

The illogical way they treat time travel here was pretty annoying. If Eddie kills himself, that only makes it so that version of the timeline doesn't have a Reverse Flash, it wouldn't disintegrate Wells AND if they were going to go that route, then him disintegrating/never existing means that the entire timeline changes and everything he's ever influenced changes because he never existed in the first place. It's because of these gaping logic holes that we don't really know what to make out of Future-Flash waving him off--did he wave him off because he had already experienced this and was waved off in that position or did he magically knew that everything would be ok and he would still be The Flash even if his mom dies even though that didn't happen in Wells's timeline..

Overall a pretty soppy and annoying season finale. Hopefully they'll let loose a bit like Arrow did after its first season.
[Reply]
thabear04 01:07 AM 05-21-2015
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/...he-future-mean

THE FLASH: WHAT THOSE GLIMPSES OF THE FUTURE MEAN

The Season 1 finale of The Flash was packed with a lot of awesome moments, but the big talking point has been the Speed Force sequence where Barry Allen sees several images from his past, present, and future. Let's dig into what we saw.

In the comics, Caitlin Snow is the real name of villain Killer Frost -- a woman with blue skin and deadly ice powers. In the show, Caitlin is a scientist working to help the Flash during Season 1, so it's interesting that in the comics Killer Frost is a straight up villain, meaning something pretty messed up would have to happen to Caitlin in order for her to turn from the path of good.

We are assuming this is a vision from the future where she has received her powers and a new look, including a blue leather costume, blue lips, blond hair, and White Walker eyes. The big question now becomes, how did she get her powers? Were they from the Particle Accelerator explosion that caused so many others to develop abilities? Or will she get them another way?

Then again, maybe this is not a glimpse of the future and instead we are seeing a Caitlin from another dimension where she got powers instead of her fiance Ronnie Raymond aka Firestorm? Only time will tell.
[Reply]
thabear04 01:10 AM 05-21-2015
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...nt-conclusion/

Tuesday night’s Season 1 finale of The Flash was surprisingly powerful, an emotionally poignant, no-nonsense episode that ended on a great cliff-hanger. It’s so good, they could just stop here and we’d always remember this as one of the best series finales of all time.
I’m glad that’s not the case, of course, and that we’ll all be treated to a Season 2.

Not everything about “Fast Enough” was surprising, though I admit I didn’t have a clue how it would all end. Time travel stories follow certain tropes and guidelines, but that doesn’t mean they’re necessarily predictable.

Eddie’s sacrifice, his moment of true heroism, was an emotionally stirring moment—even though it was straight out of Looper. (And I don’t mind that it wasn’t entirely original, it was still deeply effective.)

Of course, as one commenter said sometime back, all Eddie really needed to do was get a vasectomy. Oh well. Hindsight, 20/20 vision, all that jazz.

The conversations surrounding coincidence and destiny really set the tone for the episode, too, both for Eddie and Barry. Eddie’s first realization that he was destined to meet Iris, later supplanted by his realization that he was actually here to sacrifice himself for the greater good; Barry’s realization that he couldn’t save his mother.

The real star of the episode, however, was once again Harrison Wells. Eobard Thawne. The Reverse Flash.

Tom Cavanaugh is so unnervingly brilliant in this role, you can’t help but root for him on some level. I wanted him to escape through the wyrm-hole, a lot actually. He’s an evil villain, but he’s still so infuriatingly likable.

When he tells Barry that he hates him, but that he’s also come to admire and even love him, I for one never doubt his sincerity for a second. Sure, he’ll kill him in a flash, but that’s just his own, twisted brand of love.

Likewise, when he and Cisco talk you can sense his genuine, bizarre affection for the young prodigy. When he says he’s sorry to Cisco, it’s not for killing him in another timeline, but because Cisco is a meta-human, too.

One who can see through time, like an Oracle.

Will this figure in to Legends of Tomorrow, DC and the CW’s Flash/Arrow spin-off?

I hope so. Cisco is the second best part about The Flash.

Dr. Wells is the best part, which leads me to my biggest concern now that Season 1 is over:

How can any other season of this show possibly match the brilliance of its freshman effort? How can any villain live up to the terrifying, crazy-smart, ominous, strangely likable Dr. Harrison Wells?

When Barry goes back in time to save his mother, he ultimately chooses not to—he lets her die. He tells her he was given a chance to go back, not to save her, but to let her know that he and his father are okay. It’s a tear-inducing moment, not just for Barry and his mother but for your humble narrator as well. In fact, there’s still a little dust in the air or something, even as I type.

But he doesn’t just choose to stand idly by, not on his own—or, well, not really. He sees himself, another version of himself, battling with the Reverse Flash. He watches his other self grab his third, child-self and whoosh him away. But before that, Barry #2 looks over at him and shakes his head, motions for him to stop, to not intervene.

This tells me two things: First off, that the story of his mother’s death, of time-travel, and of Eobard Thawne is not over. Thawne is dead now, in the Flash’s reality, in his present, but he is still alive in Time. Somehow, even with Eddie’s sacrifice, Thawne is still alive somewhere. He still killed Barry’s mom. He still built the particle accelerator that made the Flash and the rest of the meta-humans who they all are. None of that has changed.

And no, it doesn’t make any sense. Time travel never makes any sense. There is always a failure of logic involved.

But it is good news, because it means we’re likely going to see more of Dr. Harrison Wells in the future. Or, er, the past? We’ll see more of him on the show, in any case. He’s simply eradicated from the present. With Legends of Tomorrow taking place across epochs, who knows how time will work in future seasons of both The Flash and Arrow?

Meanwhile, Eddie’s death frees up Iris and Barry to finally hook up, if that’s what they decide. I’m not sure I like this. Like the Oliver/Felicity hook up, it feels a little forced. Just like with “Olicity” I don’t really see that special spark between Barry and Iris that means the two are meant to be. (Ironic as that statement may be given the way Iris learned the Flash’s true identity.)

Still, the season and its finale were so good, I can give the next season the benefit of the doubt. I can’t imagine trying to top what they’ve already achieved, but if they stay as focused and as restrained as they did this time around, we’re in for another treat when Season 2 airs.

Dr. Martin Stein, one half of the Ronnie/Stein Firestorm duo, will take on the new role of “old smart guy” I assume. I’m a little curious (perversely curious?) how relations between Ronnie and Caitlin will affect him, though I suppose that’s better left off the show. (I suppose they haven’t waited until marriage either, for that matter.)

Ultimately, this was a terrific episode in a terrific season that managed to unshackle itself from unnecessary character drama just in time. I’m a little sad that the Wells story was played out as quickly as it was—dragging it out over two or even three seasons could have been so fascinating—but overall this is one of the best comic book inspired shows I’ve ever watched, and that applies to movies as well.
[Reply]
Fish 08:27 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by thabear04:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...nt-conclusion/

Of course, as one commenter said sometime back, all Eddie really needed to do was get a vasectomy.
:-)......
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:18 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
uhhh so apparently The Flash is a selfish prick? Risking the entire world to say goodbye to his mom... this is not even a personal decision like they make it out to be, if he changes the timeline then everyone's lives also change, they have as much of a right to this decision than he does because it directly affects them. And then on top of that he doesn't even change the past so when it comes down to it, all that really happened is that he created a black hole and destroyed part of the city. Wow. Thanks, Barry.

I loved the nod to the original Flash helmet that Wells recognized. Also notice how Eddie's body goes into the wormhole (thus his body is preserved somewhere, probably resulting in the possibility of Wells coming back in the future).

The illogical way they treat time travel here was pretty annoying. If Eddie kills himself, that only makes it so that version of the timeline doesn't have a Reverse Flash, it wouldn't disintegrate Wells AND if they were going to go that route, then him disintegrating/never existing means that the entire timeline changes and everything he's ever influenced changes because he never existed in the first place. It's because of these gaping logic holes that we don't really know what to make out of Future-Flash waving him off--did he wave him off because he had already experienced this and was waved off in that position or did he magically knew that everything would be ok and he would still be The Flash even if his mom dies even though that didn't happen in Wells's timeline..

Overall a pretty soppy and annoying season finale. Hopefully they'll let loose a bit like Arrow did after its first season.
This is kinda what I was getting at. Barry went back in time and risked everyone for no reason. Eddie killed himself for no reason. And if Eddie is dead, Eobard never exists, so he shouldn't have been able to kill Barry's mom in the first place, or create the particle accelerator accident that caused the Flash to be the Flash.

And let's not overlook the fact that Barry had to get to somewhere in the neighborhood of Mach 2 to travel in time. I guess Fighter jet pilots should be concerned.

I have enjoyed the show, and will continue to do so, but enough with the fucking time travel bullshit.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:02 AM 05-21-2015
Yeah, the show is still really good, but not as great as it seemed at season's start. It's had a few clunker episodes, it falls victim to the villain-of-the-week, and, as noted, there are gaping plot holes, even for a time travel story. It's more or less following the opposite arc of Agents of SHIELD, which started slowly but has been getting progressively better.

I'll still watch Season Two, of course, but I'm not super enthusiastic about the Legends of Tomorrow show.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:12 PM 08-11-2015

[Reply]
thabear04 11:08 AM 08-14-2015
http://screenrant.com/the-flash-seas...ht-wally-west/

‘The Flash’ Season 2 To Feature Female Doctor Light

Most of DC Comics’ superheroes have often been associated with only one character, but there are a few of the publisher’s superhero identities that will occasionally change ownership. Robin, for example, is a title that’s been held by several characters over the years, and the same can be said of Green Lantern (though in this case there’s actually an entire corps of Green Lanterns spread across the universe).

The Flash, too, is a legacy title, with different characters bearing that name across history. On The CW’s The Flash, Grant Gustin plays Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash and the second hero to bear that name. Other prominent Flashes are Jay Garrick, the first Flash, and Barry’s successor, Wally West. Both of these characters are set to appear during season 2 of The Flash, but, as it turns out, they won’t be the only legacy characters to do so. Doctor Light, an identity which first belonged to a villain but whose second incarnation made the character a hero, is also coming to The Flash this year.

The scoop comes via TV Line‘s Michael Aussiello, who learned from Flash showrunner Gabrielle Stanton that the Doctor Light appearing this season is a woman.

“Arrow addicts may recall Cisco and Caitlin making mention of ex-S.T.A.R. Labs employee Doctor Light when they first appeared in Season 2’s “The Man Under the Hood.” Turns out, that was some stealthy foreshadowing. Stanton tells us that the metahuman will turn up this season on The Flash — but “it’s going to be the female version” of the character.”

The female and second version of Doctor Light from the comics is Kimiyo Hoshi, a Japanese astronomer who was given photonic powers by The Monitor during DC’s universe-ending event series, Crisis on Infinite Earths. Kimiyo had a prominent role to play during that crisis and appeared again during Infinite Crisis and its follow-up series, but she remains only an occasional superhero (sometimes even depowered) and has yet to appear in the DC Comics’ line post-Flashpoint.

Whether The Flash‘s Doctor Light – who may in fact be named Dr. Light, given Arrow‘s earlier allusion to the character – will be a hero or villain remains to be seen. And in fact, it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for the show to combine aspects from each version – the villainous Arthur Light as well as the scientist, Kimiyo – into one character, creating their own spin on Doctor Light, much like they’ve done with several DC characters already.

And speaking of toying with our expectations of already established DC characters, The Flash‘s version of Wally West will also be a little different, as Ausiello also learned.

“It sounds like the spinoff will be putting its own twist on Keiynan Lonsdale’s junior speedster when it returns on Oct. 6. “We are a doing our special Flash magic where we take a comic book character and give it just a little bit of a ‘Hmmm,’ so that you’re like, “Oh!” showrunner Gabrielle Stanton says. And while she’s mum on specifics, Stanton did tease that Wally will be incorporated “in a really, really cool way… that I don’t think the audience will see coming. He will definitely have a very interesting and close relationship with Team Flash.”

Screen Rant has previously speculated that The CW’s version of Wally West would pull most heavily from the more recent, New 52 version of the character, but even then there would need to be liberties taken with his character. For instance, Wally obviously shares a surname with Joe and Iris West, but we have yet to hear any mention of another West sibling or cousin on The Flash. And given how much time travel has already factored into the series (something we’ll likely see more of in season 2), their Wally West could come from an entirely different time or reality, opening up infinite possibilities for how he’ll connect to Barry.

What do you of all the new characters The Flash is expected to introduce next season? Will their Doctor Light be a hero, villain, or a little of both? And how do you think The Flash will put their own spin on fan favorite, Wally West? Drop us a line in the comments below!

The Flash returns for season 2 Tuesday, October 6th, at 8PM on The CW.
[Reply]
JD10367 06:02 PM 08-14-2015
Why do I think they're going to do something silly and make Wally West from the future and thus Iris's and Barry's kid? Or Iris and Barry will do the humpy humpy and somehow her pregnancy will be accelerated by a meta human.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:31 PM 08-30-2015
Peyton List is insanely hot.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 39
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up