ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 41
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor)
Tribal Warfare 04:10 PM 05-18-2012
The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

[Reply]
Frosty 01:58 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Same girl per imdb.
Ok. Faulty memory, I guess. She looks very caucasian this season, especially considering who her father is. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:38 PM 10-28-2013
I'm on episode 7. There is a disturbing lack of tits and other senseless nudity on this show.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 01:09 AM 10-29-2013
Originally Posted by Frosty:
One other thing...

Wasn't Oliver's girlfriend on the island a lot more, um.. "Asian"... last season than she is this season?
Maybe Oliver put so much white into her on the island that she started to change? You are what you eat right? :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:57 PM 10-31-2013
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Canada KC glad your working but i'm not watching a show about a commie. Tell me when they will have the justice society tv show.
Now that I am Netflixing the show I find this post hilarious.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:08 PM 10-31-2013
Think we got our first hint as to the origin of the Flash last night. Little news story about a Star Labs particle accelerator. :-)
[Reply]
CanadaKC 10:14 PM 11-01-2013
I wish i could tell you more...but my ass would get fired. Let's just say some of you are on the right track!:-)
[Reply]
Frosty 10:07 AM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Think we got our first hint as to the origin of the Flash last night. Little news story about a Star Labs particle accelerator. :-)
Yeah, they mentioned in the season premiere, too. It will probably come more to the forefront as time goes by.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:02 PM 11-04-2013
I had been trying to watch this show regularly but I'm not very good at keeping television appointments. Finally watched all the episodes straight through now that I am the last person on the planet to get netflix.

Pretty impressed. Probably the best superhero television show I've seen.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:13 PM 11-20-2013
Wait a minute, I thought they killed off Merlin.
[Reply]
007 10:51 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Wait a minute, I thought they killed off Merlin.
Obviously healed by whatever it is they are looking for on the island.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:20 AM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by Guru:
Obviously healed by whatever it is they are looking for on the island.
Though in 2 weeks Barry Allen will be introduced :-)
[Reply]
Javabean 11:06 AM 11-22-2013
Just watched season one on Netflix. Really, really liked it. Probably the best superhero TV show I've seen. I watch almost everything on Netflix a year after it airs, but I'm considering paying Amazon for season 2 so I can watch at as it comes out.

Did any of you see the old Flash TV show from the early 90s? It was pretty good for its time. Mark Hamill played the Trickster in one episode, and did such a great job that it lead to his voicing the Joker on the Batman: TAS cartoon and then subsequent cartoons and video games. Arrow reminds me a lot of that Flash show -- obviously, Arrow's much better with 20 years of innovation to build on, but it reminds me of that Flash show in that it's giving us a surprisingly good interpretation of a second tier hero.

Interesting how over the past decade, Marvel's done so much better with movies and DC's done much better with live action TV shows. I'd say the cartoons are a push now what with Marvel's recent Avengers and Spider-Man series rivaling the Bruce Timm cartoons.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:19 PM 11-22-2013
Yeah, remember the flash, and the super fake muscled costume. :-)

I also remember it being pretty bad.

I think DC's still quite a bit ahead cartoon-wise. They've just had so many good ones. They both have a problem with networks cancelling the good ones (Avengers Assemble/Justice League Unlimited (which basically ended the DCU begun by BTAS)/Young Justice). Ultimate Spider-Man is okay, but it doesn't have anything like the storyline quality of earlier series. The new Avengers series is a mixed mag at best.

I like Beware the Batman, despite the CGI look, but I have a feeling it's been quietly canceled the way Young Justice and the suprisingly good Green Lantern series were earlier in the year. About a month ago they just stopped showing it, with no explanation. So the only DC thing they have on is the just awful Teen Titans cartoon (think the same juvenile 4th wall breaking and in jokes of Ultimate Spider-Man, but done much worse...).

I have a gut feeling that we may be seeing the end of DC cartoons for a while. Marvel really has the edge long term with their Disney connection.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:20 PM 11-22-2013
Speaking of Arrow, season's been great so far, and the ratings have been steadily climbing, which is awesome.
[Reply]
Barret 12:21 AM 11-23-2013
Does anyone foresee Thea kinda start training with Roy? He was trying to get her to release some anger like he does by punching stuff. Is that going to lead her to get into the vigilante business?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 41
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up