ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Anyone going to see Kalmah Friday Night
lawrenceRaider 07:53 AM 04-25-2019
At the Riot Room, 11pm start.

IMHO the best Melodic Death Metal band out there. Been waiting 17+ years for a chance to see them as this is their first US tour.

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 08:32 AM 04-25-2019
You spelled "Avengers: End Game" Wrong.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:39 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
You spelled "Avengers: End Game" Wrong.
Go see the 7pm show of Avengers, then go see Kalmah.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 08:57 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Go see the 7pm show of Avengers, then go see Kalmah.
I'm gonna be depleted of any type of bodily fluid after the behemoth that is A:EG.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:34 PM 04-26-2019
"Melodic Death Metal "

This is a thing? What differentiates it from plain old Death Metal? And don't say 'it's melodic".
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:59 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
"Melodic Death Metal "

This is a thing? What differentiates it from plain old Death Metal? And don't say 'it's melodic".
Listen for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBexdo1CME

Also

Melodic Death
Melodic death metal (also referred to as melodeath) is a musical style, a subgenre of death metal which combines the melody of the new wave of British heavy metal (NWOBHM) with the intensity of death metal. The genre is also known as Gothenburg metal, a reference to the city in Sweden where it originated. Originally the genre combined the harmony style and groove melodies of heavy metal with the harsh thrashing sound and vocals of death metal. Later the genre evolved due to many different influences; a notable evolution in the genre being the addition of keyboards. Melodic death metal contains more melodic guitar riffs, melodic solos, and occasionally acoustic guitar work rather than traditional death metal.
(Source)
Heartwork - Carcass (1993)
Victorious March - Amon Amarth (1998)
Dead Inside - Arch Enemy (1999)
Everytime I Die - Children of Bodom (2000)
Hades - Kalmah (2001)
Dimensions Unseen - Skyfire (2001)
Death In Fire - Amon Amarth (2002)
Winter Madness - Wintersun (2004)
Down With the Sun - Insomnium (2009)
Aspect - Be'Lakor (2009)
00:16 / 09:98
Black Sabbath (1970)
Black Sabbath
[Reply]
vailpass 01:05 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Listen for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBexdo1CME

Also

Melodic Death
Melodic death metal (also referred to as melodeath) is a musical style, a subgenre of death metal which combines the melody of the new wave of British heavy metal (NWOBHM) with the intensity of death metal. The genre is also known as Gothenburg metal, a reference to the city in Sweden where it originated. Originally the genre combined the harmony style and groove melodies of heavy metal with the harsh thrashing sound and vocals of death metal. Later the genre evolved due to many different influences; a notable evolution in the genre being the addition of keyboards. Melodic death metal contains more melodic guitar riffs, melodic solos, and occasionally acoustic guitar work rather than traditional death metal.
(Source)
Heartwork - Carcass (1993)
Victorious March - Amon Amarth (1998)
Dead Inside - Arch Enemy (1999)
Everytime I Die - Children of Bodom (2000)
Hades - Kalmah (2001)
Dimensions Unseen - Skyfire (2001)
Death In Fire - Amon Amarth (2002)
Winter Madness - Wintersun (2004)
Down With the Sun - Insomnium (2009)
Aspect - Be'Lakor (2009)
00:16 / 09:98
Black Sabbath (1970)
Black Sabbath
Thank you. Black Sabbath had a couple songs I liked. I wish you happiness with the rest of it.
[Reply]
Up