ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Jack Ryan TV Series
listopencil 09:51 PM 10-11-2017

I like the look of it. I think John Krasinski can pull it off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
They kinda started it that way in season 1, but then just made him another SpecOp guy.

Still some of the better TV made in the last few years if you ignore that it isn't really Jack Ryan.
No question.

Like I said - it's a good show. Good production values, good performances. The story in season 1 was excellent even if it's degraded a bit over seasons 2 and 3.

It's a good show - it just shouldn't have Jack Ryan attached to it in any way.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:58 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No question.

Like I said - it's a good show. Good production values, good performances. The story in season 1 was excellent even if it's degraded a bit over seasons 2 and 3.

I probably wouldn't have watched if it wasn't branded as they did.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:28 AM 01-12-2023
I suppose I'm glad I've never read any Jack Ryan books, because I enjoy the series for what it is, and had zero expectations about Ryans character.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:36 AM 01-12-2023
No question.

They should have brought in Chavez and Clark in season two.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I suppose I'm glad I've never read any Jack Ryan books, because I enjoy the series for what it is, and had zero expectations about Ryans character.
I think that's probably right.

Like I said, it was a hell of a bait and switch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 AM 01-12-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
They should have brought in Chavez and Clark in season two.
Just made too much sense. And you essentially replace Matice with Buck Zimmer and the story can remain largely the same.

It just feels like they're deliberately attempting to avoid any reference to the books at all. Almost like they only paid for the rights to 2 characters and so they're trying to do it like the old nintendo football/baseball games that didn't want to pay rights fees so they just kinda pirated the general team concepts.

Matice is the "Colorado Springs Ponies" or the "Kansas City Warriors" of television.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:54 AM 01-12-2023
Just made too much sense. And you essentially replace Matice with Buck Zimmer and the story can remain largely the same.

It just feels like they're deliberately attempting to avoid any reference to the books at all. Almost like they only paid for the rights to 2 characters and so they're trying to do it like the old nintendo football/baseball games that didn't want to pay rights fees so they just kinda pirated the general team concepts.

Matice is the "Colorado Springs Ponies" or the "Kansas City Warriors" of television.
Yup. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking of when they put this season in the can but it wasn't anything to do with anything that Tom Clancy wrote about Jack Ryan, and they went out of their way to keep it like that.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up