ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 753 of 2691
« First < 253653703743749750751752753 75475575675776380385312531753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:54 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Whereas Watson will be revealed for the fraud he really is.
Dude, I believe Mahomes and Watson will both be amazing QB's. Don't let you bias fool you.

Watson was legit.......
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:07 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Pay wall =(
Exclusive 'insider' information - YOURS FOR ONLY $99.95 PER MONTH!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:19 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Exclusive 'insider' information - YOURS FOR ONLY $99.95 PER MONTH!!!
Its $48 a year right now and from what I have seen on it so far its well worth the $.

Seth Keysor is the writer for the Chiefs and I like his stuff so far.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:26 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its $48 a year right now and from what I have seen on it so far its well worth the $.

I just have trouble paying for my sports news. I have liked what I've seen from him so far though.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:37 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

I have to ask: do you have any vested interest in the site? This is the second day in a row you have linked to one of Seth's articles here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:43 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I have to ask: do you have any vested interest in the site? This is the second day in a row you have linked to one of Seth's articles here.
Eh.

Seth use to get linked here all the time. Now he's just behind a paywall is all. His content is well established and respected on this forum. Sucks that he's behind a paywall now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:45 PM 05-15-2018
Eh.

Seth use to get linked here all the time. Now he's just behind a paywall is all.
Which kind of makes it pointless to post the articles then.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:49 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Dude, I believe Mahomes and Watson will both be amazing QB's. Don't let you bias fool you.

Watson was legit.......
He needs to significantly boost either his throwing velocity/arm strength or his accuracy. No, his accuracy isn't necessarily bad, but he's still erratic with it. The MAJORITY of the time he's fine, but he's not a laser on the midrange throws, and there are those 10% or throw of his passes that just sail on him and don't land remotely in the receiver's catch radius.

If he doesn't, I think you'll see him come back down to earth rather quickly, but he would still have the potential to build his career back into a very solid starter role.

Just because he looked great in year one doesn't mean shit for year two and beyond. The league has seen him play, and now it's up to him to adjust to what defenses will now throw at him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:51 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He needs to significantly boost either his throwing velocity/arm strength or his accuracy. No, his accuracy isn't necessarily bad, but he's still erratic with it. The MAJORITY of the time he's fine, but he's not a laser on the midrange throws, and there are those 10% or throw of his passes that just sail on him and don't land remotely in the receiver's catch radius.

If he doesn't, I think you'll see him come back down to earth rather quickly, but he would still have the potential to build his career back into a very solid starter role.

Just because he looked great in year one doesn't mean shit for year two and beyond. The league has seen him play, and now it's up to him to adjust to what defenses will now throw at him.
I thought his arm looked a lot better in the Pros than it did in college. Shrug. I don't know, maybe I/we were wrong about his arm strength. Didn't seem like a problem at all last season.

Sure, he's no gun slinger. But he's not noodle armed either.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:53 PM 05-15-2018
I think CP is hard on Watson because we don't want to be wrong about Mahomes, so we shit all over Watson in the process.

Nothing Watson did last season should warrant any doubt or criticism.

We say, "he just threw it up", but that's what we're all excited to see Mahomes do. Seems hypocritical.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:55 PM 05-15-2018
Watson also tossed a lot of 50/50 balls and I think got pretty luck that they ended up going more 90/10. I don't see that year one trend continuing, at least not at the rate it was. We'll see. Don't mean he's a bust, I just think there was a lot of things that just fell his way.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:58 PM 05-15-2018
I think CP is hard on Watson because we don't want to be wrong about Mahomes, so we shit all over Watson in the process.

We say, "he just threw it up", but that's what we're all excited to see Mahomes do. Seems hypocritical.
A deep pass isn't the same as a 50/50 ball. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on the game against us but there were a lot up for grabs there and our D just badly underperformed.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:59 PM 05-15-2018
The only thing to fear, is fear itself.

Our fear:
Mahomes = Blackledge
Watson = Marino
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:59 PM 05-15-2018

Big issue with him has always been durability.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:01 PM 05-15-2018
Originally Posted by Shaid:
A deep pass isn't the same as a 50/50 ball. Maybe I'm putting too much weight on the game against us but there were a lot up for grabs there and our D just badly underperformed.
I think it's a matter of interpretation. One guy says 50/50 ball. Another guy calls it threading the needle.
[Reply]
Page 753 of 2691
« First < 253653703743749750751752753 75475575675776380385312531753 > Last »
Up