ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Favorite game you’ve been to?
comochiefsfan 07:42 PM 05-23-2020
For me it’s probably 2018 vs the Ravens (Mahomes no-look pass and 4th and 9 game). A VERY close second would be the Divisional Game last year against the Texans.

Least favorite being the Wild Card catastrophe against the Titans (still can’t believe Andy abandoned Kareem during that 2nd half).

Honorable mention is 2014 against the Donks on Sunday Night. I went to that game as a neutral NFL fan mainly to see Peyton Manning before he retired. We got creamed, but even though we lost, I fell in love with the atmosphere at Arrowhead and came away feeling a connection to the Chiefs and the crowd at the game. I haven’t missed a Chiefs game since.

Simply put, there’s no place like Arrowhead. Anybody else have some favorite stories of games they’ve been to?
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:18 PM 05-24-2020
I want to say my only trip to Arrowhead but that was against the Texans during the regular season this past year.

Favorite is easily the playoff win in Houston in 2015. Davis returns the opening kickoff for a touchdown and this rocking place with 70,000+ goes quiet in shock. It was beautiful!
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:31 PM 05-24-2020
My first game was both terrible and great. It was a barnburner of a game at 9-7, but at least we beat the Raiders and I got to see Bo Jackson play football, though he didn’t do much. My most vivid memory of that game was the terrible weather, mid 30s and sleet. It was the first of many to come though, so it ranks up there.

The first NFL Network Thanksgiving night game against Denver was a lot of fun.

The atmosphere at MU/KU was incredible.

Overall though, the Divisional game against the Texans last year probably tops the list.
[Reply]
scho63 11:17 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The Chiefs Titans AFCCG. Seats right by the tunnel the players come out. Sammy Watkins TD was right in front of us. Trophy celebration was seemingly right in front of us (to the side, though). Got to share the experience with my son.

Amazing game and life experience.
Lying on your side in the fetal position the whole game? Being a Chiefs fan could do that to you up until MAHOMES!!! :-)
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:56 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Chiefs vs Raiders, Thursday Night football in the freezing cold. The noise was incredible when Tyreek returned a punt for a touchdown.
That was the coldest shit I've ever been apart of. And yes - that moment was UNREAL.
[Reply]
SuperChief 12:00 AM 05-25-2020
For a scrub in KS, I'm happy to say I've been to several really cool games, all by coincidence. AFCCG vs Titans (thanks again and always CP), vs. Chargers (2011 maybe?) when they opened up the newly renovated Arrowhead, a fairly recent TNF game vs. the Faid when it was 19 degrees at kickoff. I happened to be at the Panthers game the day or so after Belcher did his thing - that was a strange one.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:14 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
That was the coldest shit I've ever been apart of. And yes - that moment was UNREAL.
That was the coldest game i've ever been to, EASILY.

Me and my brother came prepared though. Stocked up on Body, Hand and Feet warmers and wore as many layers as I could find in my closet. Really wasn't dreadful with all that shit on, but it could've been a lot worse.

The Tyreek punt return was so cool because I believe that was the first time Arrowhead had ever done the "Tyreek" chant. The fact that he housed one the VERY FIRST TIME we ever did that was insane. I didn't celebrate for like 5 seconds after he scored because I was sure there would be a flag somewhere. The moment seemed too cool to be real. Went absolutely nuts when I realized there wasn't one though.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:08 PM 05-25-2020
I’ve only been to one so far, the game that started out SB season. At Jacksonville, what an amazing time we had. Met lots of cool people, drank lots of alcohol, got to see my Chiefs crush the Jags even though they injured Mahomes and Reek. Can’t wait to go to my second this year!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:54 PM 05-25-2020
Chiefs comeback week 1 2016
[Reply]
scho63 04:53 PM 05-25-2020
I've only been to 2 but going to the Christmas Eve game against the Broncos and sitting next to the famous Mr and Mrs Blowfish on the 50 yard line front row was pretty damn great!

This year I will be in Arrowhead to see Mahomes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:06 PM 05-25-2020
I had season tickets from DT's first year- through the Herm years. Plus dozens more over the years. All the games have kind of blended together. The shortlist would include:

DT's 7 sack game against the Seahags-(even though we lost)

The Chiefs beat up on Steve Young and the 49ers- DT hit young so hard he was puking.

The Ryan Leaf beatdown game.

The Todd Marinovich beat down game.

Montana beating the Steelers in the Playoffs.

The Falcons beat down game where we scored 8 Rushing TD's.

Every game that Rivers choked away.

The Elway crying about the crowd noise game.

Setting the NFL crowd noise record game.

Mahomes throwing 3 TD's in the Home Opener vs the Ravens.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:17 PM 05-25-2020
Monday night against the Chargers when Vanover ran back.a punt return for a touchdown. That was the loudest I have ever heard Arrowhead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:54 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Monday night against the Chargers when Vanover ran back.a punt return for a touchdown. That was the loudest I have ever heard Arrowhead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
:-)

It was deafening- like 10 jets taking off at once.
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 09:11 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
For me it’s probably 2018 vs the Ravens (Mahomes no-look pass and 4th and 9 game). A VERY close second would be the Divisional Game last year against the Texans.

Least favorite being the Wild Card catastrophe against the Titans (still can’t believe Andy abandoned Kareem during that 2nd half).

Honorable mention is 2014 against the Donks on Sunday Night. I went to that game as a neutral NFL fan mainly to see Peyton Manning before he retired. We got creamed, but even though we lost, I fell in love with the atmosphere at Arrowhead and came away feeling a connection to the Chiefs and the crowd at the game. I haven’t missed a Chiefs game since.

Simply put, there’s no place like Arrowhead. Anybody else have some favorite stories of games they’ve been to?

I was at that 2018 game against the Ravens with my brother who is a Ravens fan that is mine as well. The 4th and 9 play to Hill I will never forget how the stadium was right after that play.

The only other game I have been to was the snow game against the Denver last season it was cold but a ton of fun in the stands. But it won't compare to the game against the Ravens
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:50 PM 05-25-2020
Chiefs at Mile Hi Monday night
Montana to Willie Davis in the last seconds...........
The build up-
The donkos scored, went ahead with I think 67 seconds left. I was with my die hard donko fan cousin. I said to him " we have a min. left and that is Joe Montana. it is in the bag"
Chiefs 31
Donkos 28
I was sitting in the corner where Willie caught the ball. There were a couple dozen of us Chiefs fans scattered about the section and we all rushed towards each other for High Fives.
Good Times
[Reply]
cripple creek 08:49 AM 05-26-2020
44-9 vs 9ers back in the 90s
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up