ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Favorite game you’ve been to?
comochiefsfan 07:42 PM 05-23-2020
For me it’s probably 2018 vs the Ravens (Mahomes no-look pass and 4th and 9 game). A VERY close second would be the Divisional Game last year against the Texans.

Least favorite being the Wild Card catastrophe against the Titans (still can’t believe Andy abandoned Kareem during that 2nd half).

Honorable mention is 2014 against the Donks on Sunday Night. I went to that game as a neutral NFL fan mainly to see Peyton Manning before he retired. We got creamed, but even though we lost, I fell in love with the atmosphere at Arrowhead and came away feeling a connection to the Chiefs and the crowd at the game. I haven’t missed a Chiefs game since.

Simply put, there’s no place like Arrowhead. Anybody else have some favorite stories of games they’ve been to?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:26 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
As far as before the Mahomes era I enjoyed the game against the niners in 06..shut them out I believe. 48-0 or something like that. Huard had a nice game
I was at that one...it was glorious. So many people left early that my buddy and I were able to go down to lower levels in the 4th quarter...only problem with that was Dante Hall returned a punt for a TD while we were on our way down, so I actually missed that.

That was my first game in a while. My buddy and I drove down from Omaha and tailgated. We didn't know the "no leaving and coming back" rule, so at halftime we went out to the car for a drink. Almost didn't get back in, but one of the gate guys was nice and let us in. It was a great day.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:51 AM 05-24-2020
I have not been to a lot of Chiefs games. Maybe 10 to 12 total. Favorite 3. Both AFC Championship games. Only two I have been to with my son. Mahomes's first start in week 17 in Denver with my wife. Only game I have been to with my wife.

Honorable mention. The DT 7 sack game.
[Reply]
Chiefs Party 07:54 AM 05-24-2020
The Thanksgiving night game against the Broncos when they had Plummer was an awesome experience, sticks out in my head. Haven't had a chance to see the "new" Chiefs to experience a playoff win but hope to in the future. A terrible game (the ending) was the Colts no punt game playoff loss. That one hurt.
[Reply]
kc rush 08:20 AM 05-24-2020
Best and worst I've been to were both in 2003.

Best - Dante Hall return game against the Donks. The stadium was electric. Never heard it so loud and I was in the nosebleeds. I can't imagine the sound on the field.

Worst - Playoff loss to Indy. Silence or crying as we exited the stadium.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:30 AM 05-24-2020
Chiefs and Jaguars New Year's Eve 2006. One of the greatest days of my life.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:34 AM 05-24-2020
Monday night game when the stadium “re-opened”

That entire day was awesome.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:36 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Best and worst I've been to were both in 2003.

Best - Dante Hall return game against the Donks. The stadium was electric. Never heard it so loud and I was in the nosebleeds. I can't imagine the sound on the field.

Worst - Playoff loss to Indy. Silence or crying as we exited the stadium.

I was at the Pittsburgh game in 2003. 2nd game of the season. Chiefs fell behind 10 early to a pretty damn good Steelers team. Dante took a kickoff back 100 yards for a TD. That is probably the loudest I ever heard the stadium. Like you say, it was electric. Chiefs went on to win 41 - 20.
[Reply]
Spott 10:59 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
Chiefs and Jaguars New Year's Eve 2006. One of the greatest days of my life.
Wasn’t at the game, but that was definitely one of the best days ever on CP. Living in Jacksonville just made it that much better.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:13 AM 05-24-2020
I have to thank my wife and my folks. I never in a million years thought I'd be able to see a playoff game this year. We live in Colorado, and my wife and I were moving February 3rd. Considering that we're both teachers -- the prices to fly to KC were well out of what we could manage. Last year, I had done work getting my Dad gigs for his LLC, and my parents had wanted to compensate me in some way. The night after the Texans game, my Mom texted and said that my Dad could easily spare airline miles to get me to KC if I could afford the tickets for the game.

I talked to my wife (fully expecting her to give it a no-go) and instead she said if I should absolutely take the leap if I could work it out - and encouraged me to text a buddy I grew up with in central KS to see if he could go. I texted him, he was up for it - but I then saw my Dad's airline miles could only get me a flight from Denver to Wichita. But my buddy said he had no problem picking me up from Wichita and driving me there. We had seen Game 2 of the 2015 ALCS together spur of the moment (he actually left watching Mahomes against KU football to see that one) and said he was all in on this one too. We texted CH3IEF3S with our tickets (he lived way out of state, so we were just going to see if he was interested) and 30 minutes after our text, CH3IEF3S got the seat beside us and we were all in to go. The craziest thing is that we all lived in different states, and none of us could get the Monday off after the game - but we were all in.

The game itself was wild. A bartender at Arrowhead hooked me up with a drink to calm my nerves right before kick-off, the fact that I had gone from Colorado to Arrowhead in less than 24 hours was still sinking in. That drink worked wonders, as I wasn't stressing at all despite being down in the first half. Our whole section seemed confident that entire half, 10 points just didn't feel like a deficit with Mahomes. "The Run" ended up being the wildest moment I have ever been a part of in a live venue. The complete pandaemonium of that play put Arrowhead in another level and it stayed there throughout the rest of the game. Watkins 60 yard touchdown pass was when we all knew the Chiefs were going to the Super Bowl. But the countdown to 0:00 still felt like forever. Being in that stadium as the team took the stage is something I will remember for the rest of my life. After the game we ate and said goodbye in Lawrence, I then drove to Wichita, flew out at 4 am the next morning and was back at work in rural Colorado the next day (same with my buddies). We were all running on pure adrenaline, and it was completely worth it.

The Chiefs, surprisingly, have a 6-0 record when I've attended their games. That makes it hard to pick a "worst" game.

The only game that I'd consider would be a 2013 home game I attended against the Browns. I wasn't in a good spot in my life, and though the Chiefs were undefeated, watching them struggle against a mediocre Browns team that second half made me realize that team wasn't a true contender. I still enjoyed the game. I did have an outside chance to see Patrick's first start in Denver in 2017. I couldn't find anyone to go with me - but now I wish I had just figured out the logistics anyway.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:21 AM 05-24-2020
Week 17 last year. Following the Dolphins game concurrently. The energy in the crowd was electric. Lots of fun.

Runner up is that first Thanksgiving night game.
[Reply]
FanOfRED 07:25 PM 05-24-2020
The divisional against the Texans. That was the most amazing game I ever experienced. The emotional rollercoaster is undescribable. Especially since I also experienced that deviating loss against the colts in the 2013-2014 playoffs.

I ended up taking a buddy of mine to that game. He's a life long Chiefs fan from the west coast and had never been to a game. That was his first experience.

After witnessing Mahomes pull the Chiefs out of the abyss that game, in a playoff game. That confirmed for me this kid is special. I'm absolutely thrilled he's on hour team.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:22 PM 05-24-2020
CHIEFS at RAMS a couple years ago on MNF moved from Mexico to Los Angeles
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:30 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I was at the Pittsburgh game in 2003. 2nd game of the season. Chiefs fell behind 10 early to a pretty damn good Steelers team. Dante took a kickoff back 100 yards for a TD. That is probably the loudest I ever heard the stadium. Like you say, it was electric. Chiefs went on to win 41 - 20.
That reminded me of the time when Jamaal Charles was still a backup, and he returned a kickoff for a touchdown against the Steelers. I really liked Jamaal Charles.
[Reply]
DanT 08:35 PM 05-24-2020
This thread made me reflect on the playoff games for the major sports that I've been to, which haven't been that many. I've seen lots of regular season games through the years, thanks to having a dad who was a big fan and also working as a food vendor for 7 years in KC during the 1980s, but playoff games always seemed too pricey.

Super Bowl 54 was my only NFL playoff game. A friend had a couple of spare tickets, so I got to see the Bull beat the Hawks in Chicago in 1997. I worked all of the Royals 1985 postseason games in the stands, the only MLB postseason games I attended. So I've been to nine playoff games, with my team winning 6 of 'em. It turns out my first MLB playoff game was the greatest game George Brett ever played, Game 3 of the 1985 ALCS. https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...e39354957.html
That article doesn't even mention the great defensive play Brett made that night, shooting Damaso Garcia at home...https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...e39354957.html

Thinking about it, I think the playoff games may be worth the extra cost, if you have a dog in the fight.
[Reply]
splatbass 09:08 PM 05-24-2020
Super Bowl LIV, of course.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up