ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>IS THERE a price that’s too high for you to pay Mahomes?
Direckshun 11:30 AM 05-23-2020
I know we all say in jest we should pay him a small country’s economy, and I think we all have a read on Mahomes’ character to where we anticipate he’ll re-set the market but he’s not going to gobble up half of our capspace or anything. We know it’s going to be pricey and that that’s reasonable.

But what if Mahomes goes the full Dak.

Seriously — we’ve never seen anything like this. He won an MVP *and* a Super Bowl MVP. He’s had the best start to his career in NFL history.

What if Mahomes comes to you, Brett Veach, and opens at 55m/year? 60m/year?

And if he does come in at an astronomical price that you won’t accept, what do you do? You have him on the 5th year option in 2021, and two years of the franchise tag through 2023.

But this is a guy who our ABSOLUTE BEST SHOT at multiple Super Bowls. How high is too high for that?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:13 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I’m going to get neg-repped for this but do keep in mind I’m a Mahomes-aholic, but I do maintain the position that there are numbers too high.

If Mahomes does go too high, you play him on his 5th year deal and two price tags and you get on your hands and knees trying to change his mind.

If he won’t, you shop him to a non-rival for a million 1st rounders and let him tank their cap into mediocrity, while trading for Aaron Rodgers, paying him the “ride into the sunset” contract and run a three-year dynasty with him and Reid.

I’d rather have a 15 year dynasty with Mahomes though. So let’s hope he does what we expect him to and merely re-set the market, rather than attempting to break the cap.
It’s not Mahomes responsibility to put together a team. The GM literally has a draft every year with several chances to put together cost effective pieces.

The Packers and Seahawks have not failed bc of Rodgers or Wilson’s contracts. Those teams continually draft below average nearly every year.

God I hate this argument so much. People really put blame on the most talented person in the whole franchise and never point fingers at the GM who is responsible.
[Reply]
JD10367 02:24 PM 05-23-2020
You won't have to worry.

I know you all think Brady is a giant douchebag, but the one thing he and Mahomes seem to have in common: they prefer winning over everything else, including being the highest-paid. But Mahomes WILL be the highest-paid; the question is just, "by how much". Right now I think the top 8 QBs average $30-35M/year. Let's say everyone says Mahomes is easily worth $45M per, with a large chunk of it guaranteed. I could see Mahomes taking a little off, taking more like $40M per with more of it guaranteed than usual.

Mahomes will not be poor. Ever. On top of the generous paycheck, his endorsements will also bring in a ton. They famously asked Brady which SB ring was his favorite and he said, "The next one." Mahomes seems like he agrees with that. He just won league MVP and SB MVP and the first SB for KC since forever, and I absolutely guarantee you he's STILL pissed about missing out two seasons ago and not having two SBs already.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:32 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I will not give my life or any body parts.
Not even a pinky tip, ala Ronnie Lott? Geez man, be a team player. You suck.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:34 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
You won't have to worry.

I know you all think Brady is a giant douchebag, but the one thing he and Mahomes seem to have in common: they prefer winning over everything else, including being the highest-paid. But Mahomes WILL be the highest-paid; the question is just, "by how much". Right now I think the top 8 QBs average $30-35M/year. Let's say everyone says Mahomes is easily worth $45M per, with a large chunk of it guaranteed. I could see Mahomes taking a little off, taking more like $40M per with more of it guaranteed than usual.

Mahomes will not be poor. Ever. On top of the generous paycheck, his endorsements will also bring in a ton. They famously asked Brady which SB ring was his favorite and he said, "The next one." Mahomes seems like he agrees with that. He just won league MVP and SB MVP and the first SB for KC since forever, and I absolutely guarantee you he's STILL pissed about missing out two seasons ago and not having two SBs already.
He's probably kicking himself that he didn't pull a Tonya Harding on Alex Smith so he could have THREE Super Bowls by now!
[Reply]
BWillie 03:18 PM 05-23-2020
We have to pay him whatever we pay him. If he asked for 100M. You would have to give it to him
[Reply]
Brody Wa 03:50 PM 05-23-2020
170 mill for 4 years 120 mill guaranteed anyone?
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 04:04 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Give Mahomes the entire cap and let him spread it to the other 52 players how he sees fit.
Hmmm, I like it.
[Reply]
wazu 04:06 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I will not give my life or any body parts.
Well yeah life, obviously. Body parts is a pretty wide range. Do I really NEED a pinky toe?
[Reply]
Bump 04:10 PM 05-23-2020
Fuck no
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 04:11 PM 05-23-2020
I'll give my entire piggy bank.
The Chiefs should too.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 05:19 PM 05-23-2020
Make him the first QB/General manager in history. Let him drive the whole train.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:26 PM 05-23-2020
Loon
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:36 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
You keep Pat happy period. Thankfully he seems smart enough to find a reasonable number and has the vision to understand what multiple Superbowls will give him financially for generational wealth.
All of this is true...... but.... we saw that even the great Mahomes can't get us to the Super Bowl with a crappy defense. There are limits to what his greatness can accomplish alone.
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 05:48 PM 05-23-2020
Mahomes is smart enough to realize that he can’t be grossly overpaid if the goal for him is winning as many Super Bowls as possible to cement his legacy as the GOAT

For the Chiefs, he is a transformative player who will make the Chiefs the most successful and recognizable franchise for the next 15 years.

No one else before and no one else afterwards will be able to be that player.

Blank Check with confidence Mahomes will work with the Chiefs to be both the highest paid player in NFL history while at the same time not completely kill the cap for years to come....
[Reply]
DRM08 06:08 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by el borracho:
I am a little curious to see what happens to QB contracts after Mahomes next deal. Which a**hole QB will have the stones to demand just a little bit more than Mahomes just because it's his turn for a deal? I suppose in some ways that would level the field for us. If we pay Pat something prohibitive and that causes other teams to pay their QBs something prohibitive then we would all be in the same situation- paid QBs and a bunch of inexpensive nobodies everywhere else.
Deshaun Watson's people have already indicated they plan to demand more from Houston than Mahomes' new deal. I think Baker Mayfield is arrogant enough to do it as well. I'd like to see the teams stand up for once and tell the guys to get lost.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up