ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>IS THERE a price that’s too high for you to pay Mahomes?
Direckshun 11:30 AM 05-23-2020
I know we all say in jest we should pay him a small country’s economy, and I think we all have a read on Mahomes’ character to where we anticipate he’ll re-set the market but he’s not going to gobble up half of our capspace or anything. We know it’s going to be pricey and that that’s reasonable.

But what if Mahomes goes the full Dak.

Seriously — we’ve never seen anything like this. He won an MVP *and* a Super Bowl MVP. He’s had the best start to his career in NFL history.

What if Mahomes comes to you, Brett Veach, and opens at 55m/year? 60m/year?

And if he does come in at an astronomical price that you won’t accept, what do you do? You have him on the 5th year option in 2021, and two years of the franchise tag through 2023.

But this is a guy who our ABSOLUTE BEST SHOT at multiple Super Bowls. How high is too high for that?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:19 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I know we all say in jest we should pay him a small country’s economy, and I think we all have a read on Mahomes’ character to where we anticipate he’ll re-set the market but he’s not going to gobble up half of our capspace or anything. We know it’s going to be pricey and that that’s reasonable.

But what if Mahomes goes the full Dak.

Seriously — we’ve never seen anything like this. He won an MVP *and* a Super Bowl MVP. He’s had the best start to his career in NFL history.

What if Mahomes comes to you, Brett Veach, and opens at 55m/year? 60m/year?

And if he does come in at an astronomical price that you won’t accept, what do you do? You have him on the 5th year option in 2021, and two years of the franchise tag through 2023.

But this is a guy who our ABSOLUTE BEST SHOT at multiple Super Bowls. How high is too high for that?
Nothing is too high. Mahomes at $50 million is still a huge discount.

I don’t think you understand the value this man has.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:30 PM 05-23-2020
Really hard not to like Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:33 PM 05-23-2020
I would like to say no, you just pay him whatever he wants. The reality of the situation is that at some point the QB salary destroys the rest of the team. Peyton Manning destroyed the Colts for years.

I don't know what the exact number is, let's just hope that Mahomes doesn't ask for it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:36 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Imagine Mahomes quarterbacking another team to a title because they paid what you thought was too high.

Do you feel good?

No?

Then pay.

Period.
I think if Mahomes demands $80m/year or something asinine, someone will find a way to pay him that but he’s not winning shit at that number. So no fear there.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:37 PM 05-23-2020
Whatever he wants is a stupid idea. Team will literally suck.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:37 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This won't happen but to appease your need to be pessimistic, even in your hypotheticals, all the damn time you'd just give him the 5th year option and tag 3 times.
I think you can only tag him twice, unless I’ve misread the new CBA.
[Reply]
notorious 12:38 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
He has won 1 SB out of 54. Life goes on
The entire world would implode.

Ground zero: Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:40 PM 05-23-2020
Anything higher than 5 year 175 million
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:41 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
There is literally no number that is too high.

Our only limit is the cap.
:-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:43 PM 05-23-2020
No. There is literally no number that is too high. I have zero appetite to watch a league where Mahomes plays for another team. I would seriously rather we be bad, with Mahomes. Not saying it's rational.
I’m going to get neg-repped for this but do keep in mind I’m a Mahomes-aholic, but I do maintain the position that there are numbers too high.

If Mahomes does go too high, you play him on his 5th year deal and two price tags and you get on your hands and knees trying to change his mind.

If he won’t, you shop him to a non-rival for a million 1st rounders and let him tank their cap into mediocrity, while trading for Aaron Rodgers, paying him the “ride into the sunset” contract and run a three-year dynasty with him and Reid.

I’d rather have a 15 year dynasty with Mahomes though. So let’s hope he does what we expect him to and merely re-set the market, rather than attempting to break the cap.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:45 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Whatever he wants. This guy comes along once a generation
So Mahomes tells the Chiefs that he wants 100 million per year.

That leaves 2m per player for the rest of the team. Chris Jones, Frank Clark, Kelce, Tyreek Hill, etc ... all gone. Every contract signed effects the contracts for the rest of the team. There has to be a max number for every player.

I love Mahomes. If he's not the best QB now he will be soon. Let's hope he doesn't want to price gouge us.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:45 PM 05-23-2020
Our only limit is the cap. If Mahomes demands the entire cap he has to go out there and play every position on the team.
Give Mahomes the entire cap and let him spread it to the other 52 players how he sees fit.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:46 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I’m going to get neg-repped for this but do keep in mind I’m a Mahomes-aholic, but I do maintain the position that there are numbers too high.

If Mahomes does go too high, you play him on his 5th year deal and two price tags and you get on your hands and knees trying to change his mind.

If he won’t, you shop him to a non-rival for a million 1st rounders and let him tank their cap into mediocrity, while trading for Aaron Rodgers, paying him the “ride into the sunset” contract and run a three-year dynasty with him and Reid.

I’d rather have a 15 year dynasty with Mahomes though. So let’s hope he does what we expect him too and merely re-set the market, rather than attempting to break the cap.

[Reply]
stumppy 12:46 PM 05-23-2020
I'd go as high as a bazillion but that's it. No way he's worth a gazillion, nobody is.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:46 PM 05-23-2020
Reid and 50 mil or O'Brienn and 60 mil
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up