ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dak turns downs 5 year 175 million deal from Cowboys
Deberg_1990 11:34 AM 05-21-2020

Dak Prescott turned down a 5-year, $175 million contract offer from the #Cowboys according to @CSimmsQB

It would've made him the highest paid QB in history.

Prescott instead is seeking “north of $45M” in the final season of his new deal, reportedly. pic.twitter.com/IBYCVaxVk7

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
scho63 05:48 PM 05-21-2020
Dak is going into Kaepernick stupid territory. He is over playing his hand.

If he gets $40-45 million or more a year, I'll be the first to say I know jack shit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:55 PM 05-21-2020
You play Dalton, let him walk, and try to get a real QB...PERIOD. Don't overpay for an average player and hamstring your cap for 5 years to go 8-8
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:01 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also if you are going to bust on Prescott then list Carson Wentz you lose credibility, dude gets hurt walking down the hall.
He's more talented.

Wentz carried a team of 2nd and 3rd stringers into the playoffs last year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:04 PM 05-21-2020
I couldn't care less about Dak, the Cowboys or any other NFL player outside of the Chiefs and their roster but goddamn!

The man just turned down $175 MILLION dollars.

Say what you will about his talent level and ability but that takes fucking BALLS.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:06 PM 05-21-2020
I want him to walk just to hear skip cry
[Reply]
notorious 06:18 PM 05-21-2020
God, I wish Denver, Raid, or Diego had this problem.

It's glorious.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:22 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I want him to walk just to hear skip cry
That indeed would make my day
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:24 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Cowboys were 0-8 when trailing at the half. 0-7 when trailing into the fourth quarter.
If I were a GM...this is a statistic I would give a lot of weight to.

If you are going to pay a player elite money...they would have to have elite traits. The ability to rally your team is one of those...

Same reason I wouldn't sign Matt Stafford...he's like 9-45 against teams with winning records.

You either have this or you dont...Alex Smith was the same. If you were down 2 scores in the 4th...there was like a 10% chance he would lead a comeback.

Dak had 8 chances to lead his team back...and it didn't happen once. Mahomes did it in three consecutive post season games...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:38 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If I were a GM...this is a statistic I would give a lot of weight to.

If you are going to pay a player elite money...they would have to have elite traits. The ability to rally your team is one of those...

Same reason I wouldn't sign Matt Stafford...he's like 9-45 against teams with winning records.

You either have this or you dont...Alex Smith was the same. If you were down 2 scores in the 4th...there was like a 10% chance he would lead a comeback.

Dak had 8 chances to lead his team back...and it didn't happen once. Mahomes did it in three consecutive post season games...
I've been interested as to how many 4th qtr comebacks Mahomey has under his belt already. Can somebody look that up. I'm getting my boat ready for tomorrow. Thanks in advance. I'll be sure to rep you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:38 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
God, I wish Denver, Raid, or Diego had this problem.

It's glorious.
They have a better problem. They believe in shit quarterbacks. Lock Carr and Herbert or I guess technically Tyrod Taylor.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:58 PM 05-21-2020
If you find a top 10 QB you pretty much have to pay them. It sucks but it’s the market these days.

I don’t think he’ll ever be an elite guy, but he’s not yet hit his prime. Perhaps he will blossom into a top QB.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:00 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Are they going to do any better than him?

Prescott would get the contract he wants on the open market, if they were to walk on him that would be like saying because I got a 7 that isn't good enough till I get a 10...you then die old and alone because you never find it.

Because he isn't Mahomes doesn't mean he shouldn't get paid, the dude is better than any QB we had for 40 years until Mahomes came a long.
I don't know about that. He doesn't pass the eye test. He has had some really good teams that should win the division and go deep in the playoffs. Hasn't happened.

He will crutch the team further with the deal he turned down. They can start Dalton at 7m and get the same amount of wins.

To me he is a different type of Alex Smith. A means qb. Put him on a good team, he will bring them down in clutch to average. Put him on a bad team he will bring them up to average also.
His stats come when shit didn't matter.

They should have traded him this draft. Now teams will offer yes because the outcome will be this if he starts.
Does average or better this year, he wants even more money. Does less, still wants the money but teams will not be offering anything great.

To me he is cousins type of qb. Middle of the pack.
[Reply]
notorious 07:04 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They have a better problem. They believe in shit quarterbacks. Lock Carr and Herbert or I guess technically Tyrod Taylor.
Wouldn't it be great if they were stuck in QB purgatory for 50 years?

OH YEAH
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:07 PM 05-21-2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 07:30 PM 05-21-2020
Dak seems to find a way to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory.

Mr. Unclutch.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up