ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 51 of 59
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:19 PM 04-16-2020
They can vote the NY Governor into the White House.
That will fix um good
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:41 PM 04-16-2020
By profession I am a high school educator and coach. Our province closed schools back on March 16th, my last day in my school building was March 19th. Our provincial government unveiled a supplemental learning plan for students to be delivered using various platforms of distance learning. It has come with many mixed reviews, namely regarding marks integrity, which I will not get into here. I am fortunate that I am still getting paid in full regarding my job, as is my spouse who is a school administrator.

In terms of the land area size of Saskatchewan, where I am from, it would be the equivalent in land size to Texas, New Mexico and Maryland combined. We only have approximately 1.2 million people in the province however. As of today, our province has had 301 covid-19 cases with 3 deaths and 136 people recovered (of the 301). We have been required to follow both provincial and some federal social distancing recommendations. Only essential businesses are open, some day cares were permitted to remain open with an eight child maximum capacity. There is an inter-provincial travel restriction but nothing other than a suggestion to not travel unnecessarily within borders.

Our Premier (like a state governor) hinted yesterday that he will be outlining the loosening of some of the regulations by early next week. Sadly it has been hinted that students will not be returning to school before the summer including elementary, middle, and high schools along with post secondary institutions.

With so little occurrences and so many recoveries in our province, this news has really bummed me out as I was hoping that in the least we could return to school after our May long weekend, mid month. I don’t doubt that some of these social distancing measures have helped the situation, and it helps that I live where there is a low population density, but this lack of interaction and ability to go out and essentially “live life” is really starting to bum me out and I can’t envision me doing well or being in a great state of mind looking ahead over these next 10 weeks. My youngest is struggling with being cooped up at home all the time. I really hope commonsense prevails in both the US and Canada with regards to being sensible for letting people get on with their lives when there is not a pronounced risk to health, because my fear is that this is becoming more political than anything.
[Reply]
scho63 11:55 PM 04-16-2020
HOLY CRAP! I just went online tonight at Amazon to check my paycheck for tomorrow and it's $520 MORE from all kinds of new pay!

YIPEE KI YA!!!!
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:55 PM 04-16-2020
Nice.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:57 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
By profession I am a high school educator and coach. Our province closed schools back on March 16th, my last day in my school building was March 19th. Our provincial government unveiled a supplemental learning plan for students to be delivered using various platforms of distance learning. It has come with many mixed reviews, namely regarding marks integrity, which I will not get into here. I am fortunate that I am still getting paid in full regarding my job, as is my spouse who is a school administrator.

In terms of the land area size of Saskatchewan, where I am from, it would be the equivalent in land size to Texas, New Mexico and Maryland combined. We only have approximately 1.2 million people in the province however. As of today, our province has had 301 covid-19 cases with 3 deaths and 136 people recovered (of the 301). We have been required to follow both provincial and some federal social distancing recommendations. Only essential businesses are open, some day cares were permitted to remain open with an eight child maximum capacity. There is an inter-provincial travel restriction but nothing other than a suggestion to not travel unnecessarily within borders.

Our Premier (like a state governor) hinted yesterday that he will be outlining the loosening of some of the regulations by early next week. Sadly it has been hinted that students will not be returning to school before the summer including elementary, middle, and high schools along with post secondary institutions.

With so little occurrences and so many recoveries in our province, this news has really bummed me out as I was hoping that in the least we could return to school after our May long weekend, mid month. I don’t doubt that some of these social distancing measures have helped the situation, and it helps that I live where there is a low population density, but this lack of interaction and ability to go out and essentially “live life” is really starting to bum me out and I can’t envision me doing well or being in a great state of mind looking ahead over these next 10 weeks. My youngest is struggling with being cooped up at home all the time. I really hope commonsense prevails in both the US and Canada with regards to being sensible for letting people get on with their lives when there is not a pronounced risk to health, because my fear is that this is becoming more political than anything.
Ever had a Big Foot exspirenc around there?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:03 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Ever had a Big Foot exspirenc around there?
Heh. Not yet.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 02:07 AM 04-17-2020
Just regular routine... staying home bored... :-)
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:45 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Not sure how a man with a family to feed who is out of work is going to make it. And that bugs me, I have been there back in the day and it really sucks, nothing hurts worst than hearing your child say she is hungry and you have a half of a half gallon of milk a few crackers and some butter, what a meal.

What are those poor people going to do, what can they do?

I'm retired our $$$$ will be there and my kids are grown and gone. Lucky us.

How long can this go on before we start seeing people busting windows, breaking down doors to get that food to feed their families.

I'm totally bummed.
The game wardens will look the other way. Which reminds me. Adoptions at the dog pounds went way up after layoffs.

Edit: The hicks will get the chicks(everybody Rocky dance now)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:13 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Not sure how a man with a family to feed who is out of work is going to make it. And that bugs me, I have been there back in the day and it really sucks, nothing hurts worst than hearing your child say she is hungry and you have a half of a half gallon of milk a few crackers and some butter, what a meal.

What are those poor people going to do, what can they do?

I'm retired our $$$$ will be there and my kids are grown and gone. Lucky us.

How long can this go on before we start seeing people busting windows, breaking down doors to get that food to feed their families.

I'm totally bummed.
If they get on unemployment they'll get more than many people are making while still working.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:41 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Thankful not have any change or interruption in employment though it is a weird time to be at a police department people are scared and a lot of times very paranoid. You can see the ebb and flow of being frustrated with their lives being upended or being shuttered in with people.

Sucks this happened just as soccer season was getting going especially with Kansas City looking so strong.

Thankful for a nice relaxing place to call home with all this down time but hoping life gets back to normal at some point. Downtown is such a ghost town right now.
Good to see to ya around these parts. Don't be a stranger.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:31 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I left work early b cause I was in a weird mood. I went to take some toilet paper to some older people in my life who live out of town a ways, and we are essentially having a blizzard right now. On the way home, due to a bridge being out I had to take a level B road that's not great on a good day.

Past the point of no return I see a truck stuck half way up a hill. I wait and wait and finally pulled up and see it's a lady. A crackhead lady. A pill billy if you will. I inch beside her and tell her I will pull around front and pull her up the hill.

As I start to go, the snow on mud gives way and I slide into a ditch that eats the half of my truck and I'm tilted pretty far up in the air from my driver seat. I tell her I'll make a call to get us out but I have no signal, my phone isn't dying and I don't have a charger because I put it in a work truck. I've got options for help but can't get any of them without a walk to higher ground.
Her boyfriend shows up walking, and as I'm walking up the hill I see the, start backing down the hill and eventually they get turned around and leave.

I'm in the fucking ditch because I was trying to help them....and they just fucking bailed. I didn't need their help, but it's the idea.

I know the closest neighbor and he brings a tractor and pulls me out. He says I don't owe him but he's getting a case of beer and maybe a bottle of crown because I appreciate the help.

I pull onto the highway and go 100 yards before I see another truck broke down with a couple of kids....I decide this is a sign I'm supposed to help someone today and I stop....he does t want any asssistance.

Now I'm home, wet and grouchy......

The only blizzard I expected this late in the spring comes from Dairy Queen.

Fuck this noise.
Sorry man. People suck.

FWIW I'd take your blizzard. We're dry as all holy hell and I'm worried about getting corn up on the dryland in a couple weeks. We got cold as balls but didn't get the moisture.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:57 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:

The cure shouldn’t be worse than the problem......
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:18 PM 04-17-2020
So the biggest problem for me about this whole thing is the sheer boredom. But on the bright side, quarantine has forced me to spend less, and so this month I found myself with a little extra scratch burning a crater in my pocket. Plus Trumpbucks.

So last night during my layover I pulled the trigger and bought this custom cue from NewSherriff Cues:

This is a Bocote/Maple sneaky pete. The cue features copper joint and pin as well as copper dots/ crown butt cap. Retails for $1,600.

God, this stupid quarantine thing can't end soon enough. But at least I've got a new toy.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:35 PM 04-17-2020
I am not desperate enough for new sports action to watch or care about the WNBA Draft tonight.

That would be like Donner party-caliber desperation.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:14 PM 04-17-2020
After a month with no debit card, cell phone service or Netflix, I'm finally back on the grid. Looking forward to putting together a grocery order in a bit.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 59
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up