ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 49 of 59
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:30 PM 04-13-2020
I'm doing just fine. Working long days, but getting my 10,000 steps in, eating well, and getting lots done around the house.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:35 PM 04-13-2020
My mom is going to pass in the next few days. She has lived in a nursing home the last 6 years with Alzheimer's. She would not have survived this long, if it weren't for my dad. He took care of her at home until he couldn't any more. It took a stroke for him to realize it was time for her to go to a memory care unit. But once she moved to the nursing home, he still would still spend at least 5 hours a day there. Every day. He fed her every breakfast and every lunch. He had infinite patience in feeding her, talking through every bite or every sip. He'd play music for her too. He charted her temperature, her fluid intake, etc.

About a month ago, he got locked out of the nursing home. From a public health perspective, and for the health of the other residents it makes sense 100%. It wasn't good for her though. Skipping over the details, she has gone down hill since. He has been able to visit her the last three days. I'm thankful for that.

Maybe it is her time and would have happened in about this time frame regardless of circumstances, but in my mind her death will always be linked to the circumstances of this time. Under normal circumstances, of course I would have traveled back to KC for this. But my own family needs me here. At some point, we will hold a memorial service for her and I will be there for that.

A few words about my mom's life. She is one of 13 siblings who grew up on a farm in eastern Kansas. She's been married 59 years to my father. She leaves four sons, six grandchildren, and a dozen great grand children. I have nothing but fond memories of my childhood. My love of food and cooking come from her.

As to the thread question, I'm "okay". She hasn't recognized me for at least 10 years, so it many ways, I lost her a long time ago. Nevertheless, the finality of her passing hits hard. This post in part of my mourning in these strange days. Thanks for reading and I greatly appreciate your warm thoughts and prayers for me and my family.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:43 PM 04-13-2020
So sorry to hear CD
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:47 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
My mom is going to pass in the next few days. She has lived in a nursing home the last 6 years with Alzheimer's. She would not have survived this long, if it weren't for my dad. He took care of her at home until he couldn't any more. It took a stroke for him to realize it was time for her to go to a memory care unit. But once she moved to the nursing home, he still would still spend at least 5 hours a day there. Every day. He fed her every breakfast and every lunch. He had infinite patience in feeding her, talking through every bite or every sip. He'd play music for her too. He charted her temperature, her fluid intake, etc.

About a month ago, he got locked out of the nursing home. From a public health perspective, and for the health of the other residents it makes sense 100%. It wasn't good for her though. Skipping over the details, she has gone down hill since. He has been able to visit her the last three days. I'm thankful for that.

Maybe it is her time and would have happened in about this time frame regardless of circumstances, but in my mind her death will always be linked to the circumstances of this time. Under normal circumstances, of course I would have traveled back to KC for this. But my own family needs me here. At some point, we will hold a memorial service for her and I will be there for that.

A few words about my mom's life. She is one of 13 siblings who grew up on a farm in eastern Kansas. She's been married 59 years to my father. She leaves four sons, six grandchildren, and a dozen great grand children. I have nothing but fond memories of my childhood. My love of food and cooking come from her.

As to the thread question, I'm "okay". She hasn't recognized me for at least 10 years, so it many ways, I lost her a long time ago. Nevertheless, the finality of her passing hits hard. This post in part of my mourning in these strange days. Thanks for reading and I greatly appreciate your warm thoughts and prayers for me and my family.
A wonderful and heartbreaking homage. I'm truly sorry for your loss and your inability to mourn according to established tradition.

You'll be in my thoughts.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:11 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm doing just fine. Working long days, but getting my 10,000 steps in, eating well, and getting lots done around the house.
And still finding time to post your hate for CHINA.:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:22 AM 04-14-2020

Sorry to hear it CD. Prayers for you and you family.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:01 AM 04-14-2020
Sorry for your loss, man. That's tough. However, that was a really good read about your mom.

Best wishes.
[Reply]
sedated 07:08 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It was only the second time I've been in a car in the last four weeks.
I'm a bit surprised at my limited car usage too. Did think much of it until I got in my car last Saturday and realized it was the first time I'd been in that thing for a week and a half. Almost felt weird to drive.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:28 AM 04-14-2020
Sorry to hear CD sounds like you have quite a family! When the time is right Celebrate her life, she will always be in your heart!
[Reply]
Monticore 07:31 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm a bit surprised at my limited car usage too. Did think much of it until I got in my car last Saturday and realized it was the first time I'd been in that thing for a week and a half. Almost felt weird to drive.
I have been on the same tank of gas for over a month .
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:15 AM 04-14-2020
CD-sorry to hear about your mom. In some ways it is a curse and a blessing. No one should suffer. They don't deserve it.

Be with the family when you can.
[Reply]
notorious 08:16 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Definitely not funny like Ralphie, but meaner... I like this season because its where the Russians start becoming a factor, and the attack on Dr Melfi is an interesting sideline
Who doesn't appreciate Janice getting what she deserves from the Russian muscle? :-)

Tony getting a little payback later is great, too.
[Reply]
notorious 08:18 AM 04-14-2020
Sorry CD. She will be free of the disease soon.

Keep your chin up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:27 AM 04-14-2020

Sorry to hear. I also lost my Mom to Alzheimer's. It's a long slow death. She didn't know who I was for years either.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:35 AM 04-14-2020
Thoughts and Prayers cdcox.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 59
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up