ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN trying to get Al Michaels and Peyton Manning
RunKC 12:32 PM 03-05-2020
This would be awesome. We’d get to have Romo and Manning break down awesomeness of our God QB many times a year.

Also no more disastrous Booger and Tessitore

ESPN plans to attempt to acquire Al Michaels from NBC to potentially pair with Peyton Manning for MNF 👀, per @AndrewMarchand pic.twitter.com/JhcoslaCRW

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) March 5, 2020

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:46 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I don't recall indicating, in any way, that I was talking about Fouts.
I knew you were talking about Rivers not hating the Chiefs, but I can see how an idiot would think you were talking about Fouts.
[Reply]
FAX 08:56 AM 03-07-2020
Why can't Kevin Harlan do the Monday Night games? Pair him with PFT Commenter and you have must-see TeeVee.

FAX
[Reply]
Bowser 11:17 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
Why can't Kevin Harlan do the Monday Night games? Pair him with PFT Commenter and you have must-see TeeVee.

FAX
Harlan and Kurt Warner are usually the combo that calls the games for Westwood One radio. They are excellent together. In fact, there's the solution - mute the TV to listen to Harlan and Warner.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:23 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Harlan and Kurt Warner are usually the combo that calls the games for Westwood One radio. They are excellent together. In fact, there's the solution - mute the TV to listen to Harlan and Warner.
I greatly dislike kurt Warner. Even more so after listening to his call of the super bowl.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:33 AM 03-07-2020
Every time the Chiefs are on prime time, tell the play-by-play guy to go fuck himself and put on Mitch Holthus.

I'm sorry, people, but I love him. I love him for his corniness and excitement. Take your Mitch Holthus haterade elsewhere.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:47 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I greatly dislike kurt Warner. Even more so after listening to his call of the super bowl.
I loved their call, overall. Thought Mitch and Kendall’s call of the 4th quarter outdid Westwood One’s - but other than that I thought WW1’s call was excellent.

Speaking of, Papa’s call on the 49ers side is also world class and worth a listen. From an analytical/breakdown of the game perspective, I have to give them the edge over KC’s. Papa’s play by play companion did a great job of succinctly calling the Chiefs pre-snap motion and provided Romo like breakdowns of the plays and also praised the Chiefs when they exploited weaknesses in the 9ers coverages. He did get fed up at the end at one point, but that’s to be expected with the game’s outcome.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:57 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I loved their call, overall. Thought Mitch and Kendall’s call of the 4th quarter outdid Westwood One’s - but other than that I thought WW1’s call was excellent.

Speaking of, Papa’s call on the 49ers side is also world class and worth a listen. From an analytical/breakdown of the game perspective, I have to give them the edge over KC’s. Papa’s play by play companion did a great job of succinctly calling the Chiefs pre-snap motion and provided Romo like breakdowns of the plays and also praised the Chiefs when they exploited weaknesses in the 9ers coverages. He did get fed up at the end at one point, but that’s to be expected with the game’s outcome.
Isn't he the former Raiders guy?
[Reply]
R Clark 12:06 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I knew you were talking about Rivers not hating the Chiefs, but I can see how an idiot would think you were talking about Fouts.
My mistake ,apologizing to e Dave . As far as your concerned no I am not an idiot , illiterate yeah you got real good argument on that. No doubt I should stay off this place when drinking
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:03 PM 03-08-2020
Apply directly to the forehead.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:54 PM 05-09-2020
It’s official now.

Booger & Tessitore are gone.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:05 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
I just want Dan Fouts off my planet. Is that too much to ask?
And please take Ian Eagle with him.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:09 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Isn't he the former Raiders guy?
He is. I was surprised for that reason. I expected a much nastier/passive aggressive call - but Papa was nails.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:26 PM 05-09-2020
Buuuut... apparently it's not going to be Al Michaels.

ESPN is going to have a new Monday Night Football booth. Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland will not return, via sources. The successors will be internal. No decision has been made yet. Both Tessitore and McFarland will remain in prominent roles at ESPN.

— Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) May 9, 2020

Peyton might come aboard.

Who does ESPN even have within their organization that can do a legit job at play-by-play? Tirico is at NBC Sports, so it's not him
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:35 PM 05-09-2020
https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/espns-...ns-whats-next/

Originally Posted by :
Steve Levy on play-by-play and analysts Dan Orlovsky, Louis Riddick and/or Brian Griese remain the favorites as the replacements, which The Post first reported early last month.
Orlovsky and Riddick would be great as color guys. Steve Levy is a giant wet fart, though.
[Reply]
Setsuna 04:37 PM 05-09-2020
ESPN is trash tier now. I hope they go belly up.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up