ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2265 of 3903
« First < 1265176521652215225522612262226322642265 226622672268226922752315236527653265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:40 AM 05-28-2020
Antibody test came back negative.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:10 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Anyone wanna talk about coronavirus in Minn?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
sedated 08:57 AM 05-28-2020
I stop at using government force to make people do as I seem fit... to a certain point.
The government already decides certain behaviors, it's called having laws.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:03 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I can't even smoke a cigar while I scan my patients, stupid government.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:03 AM 05-28-2020
Anyone wanna talk about coronavirus in Minn?
Social distancing seems to be an issue.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:16 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I can't even smoke a cigar while I scan my patients, stupid government.
Lol I grew up going to dr that did just that ,a good one at that.
[Reply]
Fish 09:39 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
And we should be able to take that information and make our own decisions based on it.
Not everyone is capable of that though, and they don't even realize they're incapable. Many are taking factual information and straight up calling it bullshit for no other reason than it came from a scientist and they distrust science in general for whatever moronic reason. That's quite evident here and on Facebook, etc. There's responses ranging from complete hoax, to Bill Gates trying to murder half the world's population with forced vaccines, to everybody should stay in their own homes wearing masks for the next 2 years.

It's simply too complex of a subject, and our understanding of it is changing too quickly, for the majority to understand and make their own smart decisions from. It would be different if those decisions couldn't result in harm to others. But there are some situations where the best option is to shut the fuck up and listen to the experts. When you're on a commercial airline, you don't get a say in how the plane is flown. You have to trust the pilot and accept your position.
[Reply]
notorious 10:01 AM 05-28-2020
I think most people believe the scientists and science. Authority is what is pissing people off. Mix that leadership/authority with hypocrisy and lying about masks and you’ve created a shitstorm.

The country was founded on “fuck you”. Questioning everything is in our blood.

I can still question authority (Not acting out) while playing it safe, though. Wearing a mask is minimal in inconvenience.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:08 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Ok guess you missed the certain point part. Let me give you an example....

(Hypothetical example)
You live in a house with 10 people, the government says only 5 people per house and want to remove 5 people from your house. Legislators pass a law saying only 5 people per house to help slow the spread.

(Not hypothetical)
I do not support UNJUST or UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws. And enforcing any law that is unconstitutional is illegal BY LAW.

As we have seen courts are already ruling these governors are enacting UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS. Depriving people of liberty should always be disgusting to everyone, no matter how well intentioned the law is.

Due Process, Privacy, pursuit of happiness .... you know that kind of shit
[Reply]
kgrund 10:30 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I think most people believe the scientists and science. Authority is what is pissing people off. Mix that leadership/authority with hypocrisy and lying about masks and you’ve created a shitstorm.

The country was founded on “**** you”. Questioning everything is in our blood.

I can still question authority (Not acting out) while playing it safe, though. Wearing a mask is minimal in inconvenience.
I think it is primarily the leadership, but I also believe a great deal of people have lost faith in the science as well. The scientific community overall has not performed well during this pandemic. Essentially every test put out around the world has had major flaws in them. Science is still grappling with how it spreads, how long it has been here, if we are immune and how long, etc. some two to three months into this thing. Many are unaware of the challenges scientifically this virus poses and struggle with the glacial progress that appears to be made in putting this behind us. We have not been hardwired to be patient and I believe the actions of many reflect this. People have grown tired of waiting for answers.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:30 AM 05-28-2020

(Hypothetical example)
You live in a house with 10 people, the government says only 5 people per house and want to remove 5 people from your house. Legislators pass a law saying only 5 people per house to help slow the spread.

(Not hypothetical)
I do not support UNJUST or UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws. And enforcing any law that is unconstitutional is illegal BY LAW.

As we have seen courts are already ruling these governors are enacting UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS. Depriving people of liberty should always be disgusting to everyone, no matter how well intentioned the law is.

You are never going to please everyone and some law deemed unconstitutional in the past just end up being part of everyday life and don't end being as big a deal people made them out to be and often made the whole better.
[Reply]
sedated 10:41 AM 05-28-2020

(Hypothetical example)

(Not hypothetical)

I'm sure there are some examples of certain orders being declared unconstitutional, although I don't have a list of them to see examples. I'm sure there are others that were upheld as well. But just because one ruling goes against one specific situation, cannot be extrapolated to all situations in order to justify "if you tell me what to do, you are oppressing my freedom"

Part of the issue here is that this government was purposely made to work very slowly in order to use checks and balances to make sure things remain fair, but obviously something like this pandemic is forcing everyone to make snap decisions based on the limited information they have at the time. The more time goes on, the more it will get worked out as things work through the system (and more information is available about what we are dealing with). But a single snapshot during a time when everyone is trying to adjust will not paint an accurate picture.
[Reply]
Donger 10:53 AM 05-28-2020
Pretty helpful mouse over map here:

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-ca...d2279e039.html
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:03 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not everyone is capable of that though, and they don't even realize they're incapable. Many are taking factual information and straight up calling it bullshit for no other reason than it came from a scientist and they distrust science in general for whatever moronic reason. That's quite evident here and on Facebook, etc. There's responses ranging from complete hoax, to Bill Gates trying to murder half the world's population with forced vaccines, to everybody should stay in their own homes wearing masks for the next 2 years.

It's simply too complex of a subject, and our understanding of it is changing too quickly, for the majority to understand and make their own smart decisions from. It would be different if those decisions couldn't result in harm to others. But there are some situations where the best option is to shut the fuck up and listen to the experts. When you're on a commercial airline, you don't get a say in how the plane is flown. You have to trust the pilot and accept your position.
Not a fair analogy. If I don't trust a pilot I don't fly.

And believe me...I want to put my trust in the experts, but unfortunately I don't deal directly with them. We have politicians and the media in between us, two entities that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:10 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Not a fair analogy. If I don't trust a pilot I don't fly.

And believe me...I want to put my trust in the experts, but unfortunately I don't deal directly with them. We have politicians and the media in between us, two entities that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw.
You can find the experts' opinions if you want to avoid the filter:

Treatment Guidelines for COVID-19:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/

https://www.idsociety.org/practice-g...nd-management/

Prevention Strategies:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...revention.html
[Reply]
Page 2265 of 3903
« First < 1265176521652215225522612262226322642265 226622672268226922752315236527653265 > Last »
Up