ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2205 of 3903
« First < 1205170521052155219522012202220322042205 220622072208220922152255230527053205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 12:05 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If only there was a widely available prophylactic in 2017 that was demonstrated to reduce symptom severity, duration, and overall mortality that people could have gotten at hundreds of thousands of locations and would have caused absolutely no economic disruption whatsoever.
So what possible damage is being done to the populace by SIP and not getting out and around people at this point in time? What is the chance that those actions will somehow damage or weaken our immune systems by not interacting with one another until fall when the flu historically makes a comeback?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:06 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, it's just accurate and honest.
It’s irrelevant.

We don’t go around blaming people for contributing to the spread of the flu or anything else that’s contagious for simply living their lives and not hiding inside. We don’t say everybody that has unprotected sex is a murdering asshole that’s possibly spreading AIDS.

You people are fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:06 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Are you really that shocked? People have been on home arrest for the last 2 months. What exactly do people expect?
shocked. no.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:06 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Are you really that shocked? People have been on home arrest for the last 2 months. What exactly do people expect?
Anyone that has left their home in the month of May shouldn't be shocked. April was a fucking ghost down every where. After May 4th it looks like some old same old except for some people wearing mask here and there.
[Reply]
Donger 12:07 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s irrelevant.

We don’t go around blaming people for contributing to the spread of the flu or anything else that’s contagious. We don’t say everybody that has unprotected sex is a murdering asshole that’s possibly spreading AIDS.

You people are ****ing ridiculous.
No, the fact that SARS-CoV-2 is contagious and car wrecks are not isn't relevant. You trying to equate them is, however.

Personally, I'd like to see people who have influenza mask up, or stay at home, sure. Don't you?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 PM 05-24-2020
No, the fact that SARS-CoV-2 is contagious and car wrecks are not isn't relevant. You trying to equate them is, however.

Personally, I'd like to see people who have influenza mask up, or stay at home, sure. Don't you?
Address the examples I provided or shut the fuck up.

Is everybody that has unprotected sex amoral?

Is everybody that continues to live their lives during flu season amoral?

Being contagious has nothing to do with it. Expecting everybody in the world to practice social distancing for months on end is just as ridiculous as expecting everybody to wear a condom when they have sex, stop driving all together, and practice social distancing every flu season.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:10 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So what possible damage is being done to the populace by SIP and not getting out and around people at this point in time? What is the chance that those actions will somehow damage or weaken our immune systems by not interacting with one another until fall when the flu historically makes a comeback?
Some viruses are better to be avoided than acquiring them for the sake of immunity.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:14 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Are you prevented from leaving your house for 15 minutes a day a few times a week to get some sunshine?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:16 PM 05-24-2020
Address the examples I provided or shut the **** up.

Being contagious has nothing to do with it. Expecting everybody in the world to practice social distancing for months on end is just as ridiculous as expecting everybody to wear a condom when they have sex, stop driving all together, and practice social distancing every flu season.
Stop trying to flip this around. The CoronaVirus isn't Aids. It's a unique virus that is extremely contagious. Just because your Grandparents didn't die from it doesnt mean it hasn't killed others
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 05-24-2020
Everything is so black and white with most of you.

Maybe that person that wants to go to the gym has mental health issues and that hour they spend 5 days a week there is crucial to their stability. Maybe they did their part in flattening the curve so hospitals wouldn’t be overrun and now they need to worry about themselves and their own life.

That doesn’t make them a piece of shit and the fact that some of you think like that ironically makes you one.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:16 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yes, until the order is lifted. My businesses do follow the guidelines set in place by the city.
Then why did you call the governor of Michigan a Nazi?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:17 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Some viruses are better to be avoided than acquiring them for the sake of immunity.
Not going to argue that.

But in the case of what I asked, how bad will the flu season be in fall/winter of '20 with other ailments not C-19 when our immune systems are potentially weakened from distancing? Pretty bad I would imagine, and I'm afraid all the doom and gloomers will use it for their own reasons to harp about C-19 and further lockdown and distancing policies (worse case scenario admittedly, but the point stands).
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:17 PM 05-24-2020
What precisely are your objections to wearing a mask?
I went into two stores in the st Louis area yesterday. The first one handed out masks. And that's how I ended up with my first mask. It was a shoe store so a lot of sitting. Wasn't too bad. 2nd store was target which said required a mask. Lot of walking. I found the mask to be very annoying and made it much harder to breath. Almost everyone was wearing a mask but the few who werent were not harassed by employees.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:18 PM 05-24-2020
Everything is so black and white with most of you.

Maybe that person that wants to go to the gym has mental health issues and that hour they spend 5 days a week there is crucial to their stability. Maybe they did their part in flattening the curve so hospitals wouldn’t be overrun and now they need to worry about themselves and their own life.

That doesn’t make them a price of shit and the fact that some of you think like that ironically makes you one.
Maybe they could like...run outside or do some pushups, or look at one of thousands of home workouts available on YouTube, or get a Peloton, or one of hundreds of other options and still get exercise.
[Reply]
Donger 12:18 PM 05-24-2020
Address the examples I provided or shut the **** up.

I see no reason to address your anal sex question.

I already addressed your attempt at the flu analogy.

We have done what we did versus seasonal flu because:

1) This is a novel virus. All of us have been exposed to seasonal influenza.

2) This bug has a much higher fatality rate.

Just stop with the "it's just like the flu!" nonsense. It isn't.
[Reply]
Page 2205 of 3903
« First < 1205170521052155219522012202220322042205 220622072208220922152255230527053205 > Last »
Up