ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2196 of 3903
« First < 1196169620962146218621922193219421952196 219721982199220022062246229626963196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Spott 08:17 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Being able to go back to the gym made life feel for more normal than anything else so far.
I can’t wait to get back there, but yesterday I flew on a crowded plane from Ohio to Florida and then went to a Mexican restaurant with on the way home. First time in 10 weeks that I’ve eaten out, which just made tacos taste that much better.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:18 AM 05-23-2020
Seriously though, it would be an interesting experiment to know how effective a spreader a foolish person like a hair stylist who works when sick actually is.

It won't be a perfect measure of course, because you have the people getting the haircut who were certainly exposed, but if they're children or both were masked may not have developed an infection. And beyond those people, you have everyone else who was around - maybe junior was getting the haircut, but mom and little sister were there too.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:35 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Seriously though, it would be an interesting experiment to know how effective a spreader a foolish person like a hair stylist who works when sick actually is.

It won't be a perfect measure of course, because you have the people getting the haircut who were certainly exposed, but if they're children or both were masked may not have developed an infection. And beyond those people, you have everyone else who was around - maybe junior was getting the haircut, but mom and little sister were there too.
There's also a lot of variability in how infectious a person is, so no matter what happens, nothing will be definitive. But if she got either zero people (or close to it) or a shit ton of people sick, that would be at least a directional data point.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:41 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's also a lot of variability in how infectious a person is, so no matter what happens, nothing will be definitive. But if she got either zero people (or close to it) or a shit ton of people sick, that would be at least a directional data point.
Yeah, you see events like that birthday party or the choir practice that ended w/ 3/4 of the choir sick and there is clearly some variable that makes certain people spread it a ton.

I do wonder, is that how this lady was caught? Kind of like how credit card companies identify skimmer issues by looking at transaction history of stolen cards. Suppose it's possible she just changed her mind and felt bad and self reported.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:44 AM 05-23-2020
Yeah, I did read one account back in March or so that was anecdotal, but it was from a physician speculating that the sickest patients were not the ones who'd brought the virus home, but those who had picked it up from someone else in their household. The idea being that when you pick it up from an elevator button or whatever you might not get such a heavy exposure, but when someone living in your house spends a week or two manufacturing a ton of virus and spreading it heavily all over your environment, you end up with a big viral load.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:05 AM 05-23-2020
Ad5 phase I vaccine trial with 100 people

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...208-3/fulltext
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:41 AM 05-23-2020
Spain says the La Liga can start backup on June 8th, and they are also open to foreign tourism starting in July. Are they one of the firsts to open back up for tourism? Seems like they are. If anyone had a trip planned to Spain after July your chances definitely just got better.

Attaching link for up to date tourism information for all countries in case anyone is interested
https://www.wanderlust.co.uk/content...ravel-updates/
[Reply]
Monticore 10:27 AM 05-23-2020
I know one thing is my hair chick talks a lot .
[Reply]
petegz28 11:39 AM 05-23-2020
Boy is back from the doctor. Still has strep. I don't think the first round of meds knocked it all out so they put him on something else but no fever.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:43 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
oops

I’m curious as to what made her symptomatic. I have been quarantining this week because I had a 99.9 degree temperature so as a pure precaution I’ve stayed in the house. According to the CDC this isn’t really required unless I’m running a 100.4, but obviously in these times extra caution isn’t a terrible thing. I’m just curious as to why they aren’t making her symptoms known. I’d be much quicker to berate her if she knew she had a fever and sore throat, but if it’s just a runny nose or something that goes away with some allergy medicine it’s harder to blame her for working through it in that line of work.

Just seems strange to say she’s symptomatic but not to include in the article what the symptoms were. You would think they’d want to make that more known so that people reading it can take more precautions if they’re showing similar symptoms.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:06 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
"The individual and their clients were wearing face coverings. The 84 clients potentially directly exposed will be notified by the Health Department and be offered testing, as will seven coworkers," the Springfield-Greene County Health Department said in a statement. "It is the hope of the department that because face coverings were worn throughout this exposure timeline, no additional cases will result."

Goddard did not provide details on the identity or the condition of the stylist. He said health officials have reached out to the people who were exposed, adding that the hairstylist had kept impeccable records that made contact tracing possible.

But he cautioned about the risks of overwhelming resources.

"I'm gong to be honest with you: We can't have many more of these," he said at a news conference. "We can't make this a regular habit or our capabilities as a community will be strained."

So if 4 people end up sick some will declare masks don’t help without being able to process that many more would have been infected with no masks.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:08 PM 05-23-2020
:-)
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Boy is back from the doctor. Still has strep. I don't think the first round of meds knocked it all out so they put him on something else but no fever.

[Reply]
Donger 12:18 PM 05-23-2020
Brazil now looking like us back in late March.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:29 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
oops

Can anyone confirm if this is Pete’s wife?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:41 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Can anyone confirm if this is Pete’s wife?
Do you not know how to read a map? I live in Kasnas, you dumb fuck. That's in an entirely different state than Missouri. And Olathe is about 4 hours from Springfield. So you suck at math and geography.
[Reply]
Page 2196 of 3903
« First < 1196169620962146218621922193219421952196 219721982199220022062246229626963196 > Last »
Up