ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 999 of 1207
« First < 499899949989995996997998999 1000100110021003100910491099 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Sorce 09:29 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh, that looks good. Should give it a few seconds with the torch to brown that cheese just a tad.

I'm having Korean tacos. If I remember, I'll post a pic later after dinner.
Normally I broil it for a bit but a hungry 2 year old changes priorities.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:30 AM 05-06-2020
I regret not taking pics, but we went to a friend's place (with a garage/workshop that is amazing) for a Cinco de Mayo get together, the friend I bought my Harley from, and man can that retired pipe fitter cook! From tacos to enchiladas to guacamole, it was beyond super! Again, sorry for not having pics!
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:42 PM 05-06-2020
Doing my first ever crab and shrimp boil Friday... king crab legs, jumbo shrimp, lemon, red taters, corn, onion and sausage using Zatarains crab boil mix

Is it as good as it looks, does the boil mix really impart a ton of flavor?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:39 PM 05-06-2020
Prime Rib, Baked Potato, and Corn on the Cob. Might be the last so I will enjoy it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Doing my first ever crab and shrimp boil Friday... king crab legs, jumbo shrimp, lemon, red taters, corn, onion and sausage using Zatarains crab boil mix

Is it as good as it looks, does the boil mix really impart a ton of flavor?
Not on most elements of it, no.

But I always throw a couple links of andouille sausage in there as well and that stuff soaks that zatarains/old bay right up and tastes incredible. I highly recommend it. The shrimp will pick it up alright as well.

Remember to order your cook appropriately. I think I'll probably skip the potatoes next time - I just don't get much out of them and that's always what I end up having a ton of leftovers of. I've used the little butter-buds a before and those are a little better, but boiled potatoes just kinda suck so next time I'll just toss more corn in (and put it in towards the end so it stays firm).

Damn I wish I could get crawfish up here without paying steak prices for 'em.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:57 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not on most elements of it, no.

But I always throw a couple links of andouille sausage in there as well and that stuff soaks that zatarains/old bay right up and tastes incredible. I highly recommend it. The shrimp will pick it up alright as well.

Remember to order your cook appropriately. I think I'll probably skip the potatoes next time - I just don't get much out of them and that's always what I end up having a ton of leftovers of. I've used the little butter-buds a before and those are a little better, but boiled potatoes just kinda suck so next time I'll just toss more corn in (and put it in towards the end so it stays firm).

Damn I wish I could get crawfish up here without paying steak prices for 'em.
Yeah the box says it’s good for 4 pounds, but I just look at the amount in the bag and kinda wonder if it really pushes up the flavor that much

Gonna just go with pork kielbasa in place of andouille, the only andouille around here is some Oscar Meyer crap that I hated last time I used it

For sure on the corn and seafood, not gonna overcook any of that... be damned if I fuck up all that money!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 05-06-2020
Yeah the box says it’s good for 4 pounds, but I just look at the amount in the bag and kinda wonder if it really pushes up the flavor that much

Gonna just go with pork kielbasa in place of andouille, the only andouille around here is some Oscar Meyer crap that I hated last time I used it

For sure on the corn and seafood, not gonna overcook any of that... be damned if I fuck up all that money!
Did a boil for about 20 people for the Saints tailgate a few years back and it was one of the best tailgates we've ever had out there. Didn't do King Crab for that kind of crowd but they survived w/ snow crab legs just fine.

But every time the sausage has been the star of the show. Pork kielbasa should be fine - like I said, it sucks up a ton of that flavor anyway so the smoky flavor might be perfect.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:30 PM 05-06-2020

Speaking of andouille, and not that helpful for you, but I made red beans and rice with andouille from the Osceola Cheese shop and that was some of the best andouille and RB&R I've ever had. I'm talking 'run Popeyes out of business' good. I supplemented with the normal cumin and cayenne and whatnot, but the andouille spices really came through, and the oils that came off in cooking thickened the roux until it was velvet-creamy.

As for the boil spice, I've never had any problems just going with the recommended dosing. Only used Zatarains and Old Bay.

It's not going to turn your boil into a super spicy thing. The thing about seafood, particular crawdad and shrimp, is that by themselves most of the experience is texture. But they take flavor well, boiling them in spices is just as effective as an all-day smoke is for beef or chicken.

Most everyone I know is happy with a run-of-the-mill boil. It's not hard in terms of techniques or anything, just unweildy due to sheer volume and relatively expensive. But my relatives down in NOLA do it 2-3 times a month in the summer, and just tell friends and neighbors when to stop by. It's their version of BBQ or tailgating.

And I wouldn't worry about took much or too little potatoes. They're not the most exciting part of the boil, but they're a nice accompaniment. Think of it like potato salad. You don't want an all potato salad picnic, but you want some around and nobody's really gonna complain if there's a little too much to choose from.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:42 PM 05-06-2020

My buddy swears by doubling up with the box mix and the bottled oil they sell. Says the box alone doesn't cut it put dumps half of the little bottle in and that kicks it up a notch. That's all the help I can be on that front, never done a seafood boil.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:45 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
My buddy swears by doubling up with the box mix and the bottled oil they sell. Says the box alone doesn't cut it put dumps half of the little bottle in and that kicks it up a notch. That's all the help I can be on that front, never done a seafood boil.
Should mention, we put out Old Bay and ground cayenne in shakers any time there's a boil, in case individuals need a 'notch kick.'

Personally, I use ground cayenne almost daily. Never been that big a fan of black pepper.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:47 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of andouille, and not that helpful for you, but I made red beans and rice with andouille from the Osceola Cheese shop and that was some of the best andouille and RB&R I've ever had. I'm talking 'run Popeyes out of business' good. I supplemented with the normal cumin and cayenne and whatnot, but the andouille spices really came through, and the oils that came off in cooking thickened the roux until it was velvet-creamy.

As for the boil spice, I've never had any problems just going with the recommended dosing. Only used Zatarains and Old Bay.

It's not going to turn your boil into a super spicy thing. The thing about seafood, particular crawdad and shrimp, is that by themselves most of the experience is texture. But they take flavor well, boiling them in spices is just as effective as an all-day smoke is for beef or chicken.

Most everyone I know is happy with a run-of-the-mill boil. It's not hard in terms of techniques or anything, just unweildy due to sheer volume and relatively expensive. But my relatives down in NOLA do it 2-3 times a month in the summer, and just tell friends and neighbors when to stop by. It's their version of BBQ or tailgating.

And I wouldn't worry about took much or too little potatoes. They're not the most exciting part of the boil, but they're a nice accompaniment. Think of it like potato salad. You don't want an all potato salad picnic, but you want some around and nobody's really gonna complain if there's a little too much to choose from.
Best I can tell there’s literally only one brand of andouille in this town, I’m sure something from a custom shop is much better

There will be a solid dose of taters for sure, love my starchy fillers

Good advice, thanks :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:38 PM 05-06-2020
Osceola cheese is awesome
[Reply]
Sorry 06:29 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Nice call on the green pepper cholula, I'm going to try that. Feel like some additional acid could help balance out the fats and give it more zing.
It’s just a super simple sauce that goes with most cuisines esp Hispanic. I love it on my asada tacos
[Reply]
Stryker 06:47 PM 05-06-2020
Did these on the grill tonight for the first time and they are amazing!

Rotated every 2 minutes for 8 minutes. Turned grill off and placed sausage in hot dog bun and covered with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Put back on unlit grill and rotated every 45 seconds 3 times until cheese was melted bun got toasted as well. Splash down the center with spicy brown mustard and serve - very good! Will try the other flavors they have.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:50 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Did these on the grill tonight for the first time and they are amazing!

Rotated every 2 minutes for 8 minutes. Turned grill off and placed sausage in hot dog bun and covered with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Put back on unlit grill and rotated every 45 seconds 3 times until cheese was melted bun got toasted as well. Splash down the center with spicy brown mustard and serve - very good! Will try the other flavors they have.
Will look for.

Their Firecracker brats are fucking outstanding. I like all things J'Ville but those are a cut above. For you folks locally, watch out for the Farmland Blvd Wheat brats. Those are my favorite and they're not everywhere, but a very nice beer brat. Throw it on a Roma brat roll and you're eating right.
[Reply]
Page 999 of 1207
« First < 499899949989995996997998999 1000100110021003100910491099 > Last »
Up