ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Home brew
Dartgod 10:46 AM 01-16-2005
I know there are some other home brewers on here; Bwana and TJ for starters.

I'm brewing my first batch ever today. It's a German wheat. Looking forward to tasting this bad boy in about a month! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
JimNasium 03:13 PM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yeah, I was VERY careful about that. Sanitized the hell out of everything.
I been brewing since May of last year and haven't lost a batch to infection yet. My buddy has lost two batches since he started brewing and since we typically brew ten gallon batches it's a painful experience.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:21 PM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
I been brewing since May of last year and haven't lost a batch to infection yet. My buddy has lost two batches since he started brewing and since we typically brew ten gallon batches it's a painful experience.
You doing any all grain or just extracts? It will probably be a year or so before I'm ready to try all grain.
[Reply]
JimNasium 03:27 PM 01-16-2005
You doing any all grain or just extracts? It will probably be a year or so before I'm ready to try all grain.
Extracts with grains and I have one mini-mash under my belt. I'm putting together all of the equipment for all-grain right now and should be ready for my first batch in the Spring.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 03:35 PM 01-16-2005
Your buddy loses his beer? Did he look behind the couch?
[Reply]
Jenny Gump 07:31 PM 01-16-2005
I wish someone would brew me a nice American Bock.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:48 PM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by JennyGump:
I wish someone would brew me a nice American Bock.
American beer sucks. This country has ruined beer. That's all the Brits really wanted - us to enjoy good beer. Why did we have to go and kill all the redcoats?
[Reply]
JimNasium 10:52 AM 01-17-2005
Hey Dartgod, got any airlock activity?
[Reply]
NewChief 10:58 AM 01-17-2005
The :blvd: smiley made me think of it, but has anyone checked the price on Boulevard lately? It's up to around $8 a six pack down here, which is just freaking ridiculous.
[Reply]
JimNasium 11:04 AM 01-17-2005
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The :blvd: smiley made me think of it, but has anyone checked the price on Boulevard lately? It's up to around $8 a six pack down here, which is just freaking ridiculous.
Yikes! I buy beer (at least finished product) so little anymore that I had no idea. :-) My ales typically price out somewhere in the $15-20 per case and it will only get cheaper when I go all-grain.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:07 AM 01-17-2005
Sweet! Good luck with that 1st batch, it sounds tasty.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:08 AM 01-17-2005
Hey Dartgod, got any airlock activity?
Not yet. Last time I checked was before work, around 7 a.m. At that point it had been about 17 hours. Should I be concerned?
[Reply]
Bwana 11:11 AM 01-17-2005
Not yet. Last time I checked was before work, around 7 a.m. At that point it had been about 17 hours. Should I be concerned?
What did you use to clean your containers before adding the wort?
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:13 AM 01-17-2005
Originally Posted by Bwana:
What did you use to clean your containers before adding the wort?
Clean? What do you mean?
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:14 AM 01-17-2005
Hehe. Just messing with you.
I used BTF? or something like that. It's an iodophor.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:15 AM 01-17-2005
Clean? What do you mean?
You have to do that in order to prevent and infection in the beer. I used iodine
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up