ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Home brew
Dartgod 10:46 AM 01-16-2005
I know there are some other home brewers on here; Bwana and TJ for starters.

I'm brewing my first batch ever today. It's a German wheat. Looking forward to tasting this bad boy in about a month! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:50 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Brewed a pastry Berliner with apricot, vanilla, and cinnamon with a touch of lactose. Kettle soured with Goodbelly. I'm calling it Charlie Weisse :-)

Club space where I brew at.

Nice! I have a big batch of saison (~12gal) that I am splitting on Sunday. Half will get moved onto 4 diced cucumbers in secondary for 5 days and the other half will be kegged without cucumber.

I made a cucumber saison last year that was absolutely fantastic, I hope to replicate it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:07 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nice! I have a big batch of saison (~12gal) that I am splitting on Sunday. Half will get moved onto 4 diced cucumbers in secondary for 5 days and the other half will be kegged without cucumber.

I made a cucumber saison last year that was absolutely fantastic, I hope to replicate it.
That sounds delicious. I really like the idea of doing split batches with different additions. When I was thinking about joining this club I stopped by for a tour of the space and one of the guys there had a cucumber gose he made that completely blew me away.

We just got a recently emptied 30 gallon bourbon barrel donated from a local distillery this week. I've joined a 6 person team where we'll each brew a 1.121 gravity imperial stout, blend, then add to the barrel. I'm pretty stoked as the barreling process is new to me.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:37 AM 06-29-2019
Re-brewed my Berliner adding pineapple instead of cinnamon and entered it in a sour comp (it's the one in front). It finished 4th. Some Swedish Fish monstrocity took 1st.

Fighting off some serious heartburn this morning.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:02 PM 10-31-2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:04 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
:-)
[Reply]
srvy 05:24 PM 05-22-2020
This thread has kinda stalled out. I always enjoyed reading it any new news. New brews, equipment, etc?
[Reply]
candyman 05:53 PM 05-22-2020
I was into this several years ago, had to find another hobby when the wife made me stop growing weed. Now I have a license to grow and a metric shit-ton of brewing equipment I don't use taking up space.
[Reply]
srvy 07:09 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
I was into this several years ago, had to find another hobby when the wife made me stop growing weed. Now I have a license to grow and a metric shit-ton of brewing equipment I don't use taking up space.
Yeah I started it sometime in the 80s then abruptly stopped sold my stuff to a kid at work. My brother started about same time and has been going strong ever since. He upgraded 10 or 12 years ago and I latched on to the old equipment he didn't keep. Life happened and travel for work the kids and really couldn't find the time. Its been collecting dust but I'm getting the itch. It comes and goes every few years. I need to find my beersmith software again as I'm sure it requires a key. Brush up on the books I have and get busy as retirement isn't so far into the future.
[Reply]
srvy 07:13 PM 05-22-2020
Well I see Beersmith is now cloud subscriptions so that old software disk is probably not even valid anymore.
[Reply]
candyman 07:21 PM 05-22-2020
I tried beersmith once but never put the effort into really learning how to use it effectively. I always just used high rated recipes I found online and free programs/calculators. I doubt any of my batches would have won any contests but most were very good.
[Reply]
candyman 07:25 PM 05-22-2020
Anyway, if anyone reading this has any interest I'll let my equipment go for dirt cheap. I have at least $800-1k worth of stuff, everything needed to brew and bottle and then some. No c02 gear though, I always just bottle conditioned.
[Reply]
Groves 08:33 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
I'll let my equipment go for dirt cheap.
Selling any vacuum based equipment? Transfer pumps or all in one vacs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:00 AM 05-24-2020
Kegged this hazy boi over 10 weeks ago. Wanted to give the galaxy hops a week or 2 to simmer down and completely forgot about it. Was expecting oxidized trash but this is drinking amazing right now.

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:20 AM 05-24-2020
I've grown frustrated with it over the years, and maybe my taste has just surpassed what I can do at home.

One big frustration though is that I've ended up with geysers a few times, generally after storing for a few months... different batches, sanitizing the shit out of everything, and with extract kits (so there shouldn't be an excessive amount of sugar).

Also haven't been able to nail down a great stout... I've made some okay ones (coffee is pretty easy) and it's generally easier to make a good IPA (at least for my taste in IPAs), but a BBA-type of stout is the next level.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:34 AM 05-24-2020
Feel like those big viscous stouts need a really long boil and elongate the brewday. I don't brew many, the last was as a 5 person 30 gallon barrel project. 3 hour boil. One perk of covid is the project owner wanted to empty the beer after only 7 months in the barrel, but we had to shut our clubhouse down where it is being stored so it might make it a full year.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up