ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Home brew
Dartgod 10:46 AM 01-16-2005
I know there are some other home brewers on here; Bwana and TJ for starters.

I'm brewing my first batch ever today. It's a German wheat. Looking forward to tasting this bad boy in about a month! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
JimNasium 10:51 AM 01-16-2005
I brewed a double chocolate stout last night. I'm a bit embarassed to admit that I currently have 20 gallons of beer at differing stages of fermentation in my closet right now. :-) It is a great hobby and you can keep it as simple or make it as complicated as you want. The best advice is simply "relax and have a homebrew." Do you have someone who is experienced to help you through the first one or are you flying solo?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:56 AM 01-16-2005
Hey, Nasium, the Eagles game starts at 12:00. Should I pick up some chips or something on my way over? (Or I could use Rainman's trick of bringing an empty pizza box)
[Reply]
Phobia 10:56 AM 01-16-2005
I wish I had a friend that homebrewed. I used to and he was my bestest buddy.
[Reply]
JimNasium 10:58 AM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I wish I had a friend that homebrewed. I used to and he was my bestest buddy.
The next time I'm up there I'll bring you a care package. I've got a couple of beers that are just incredible. I'm entering one in the KC Biermaster's homebrew contest next month.
[Reply]
BigVE 10:59 AM 01-16-2005
I have tried several batches of homebrew that my aunt makes...some were good and some were not so good. She specializes in makeing homemade wine though and its very good. Im not a big wine drinker usually but I cant pass up her homebrew. The next time I see her she is supposed to hook me up with a couple of different recipes for beer and wines. Good luck on your batch.
[Reply]
JimNasium 10:59 AM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Hey, Nasium, the Eagles game starts at 12:00. Should I pick up some chips or something on my way over? (Or I could use Rainman's trick of bringing an empty pizza box)
Come on up. I've got a sixer of Miller High Life for guys like you. :-)
[Reply]
Skip Towne 11:03 AM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
Come on up. I've got a sixer of Miller High Life for guys like you. :-)
Better than that, just let me know when you won't be there and leave the key under the mat.
[Reply]
Phobia 11:03 AM 01-16-2005
I'm entering one in the KC Biermaster's homebrew contest next month.
Sweet. Best of luck with that. You don't have to bring me a care package, but if you do, I'll have your back on this board to the death - ala KCJ/Gunther.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:08 AM 01-16-2005
I brewed a double chocolate stout last night. I'm a bit embarassed to admit that I currently have 20 gallons of beer at differing stages of fermentation in my closet right now. :-) It is a great hobby and you can keep it as simple or make it as complicated as you want. The best advice is simply "relax and have a homebrew." Do you have someone who is experienced to help you through the first one or are you flying solo?
Solo. But I feel pretty confident about it. I've been reading A LOT since i got my kit for Christmas.
[Reply]
JimNasium 11:10 AM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Solo. But I feel pretty confident about it. I've been reading A LOT since i got my kit for Christmas.
Cool. If you run into any problems feel free to give me a call. I'll PM you my phone number. Good luck. :-)
[Reply]
RedNFeisty 11:33 AM 01-16-2005
Chocolate beer? Now there is a girlie beer, sweet!! Best of luck in your home brewing contest!!
[Reply]
kufan2 11:47 AM 01-16-2005
I don't know if i would consider a stout a "girlie drink". I would love to meet the amazon that enjoyed a good stout.
[Reply]
Phobia 11:51 AM 01-16-2005
Originally Posted by RedNFeisty:
Chocolate beer? Now there is a girlie beer, sweet!! Best of luck in your home brewing contest!!
A double chocolate stout doesn't exactly come with a Hersheys label.
[Reply]
Over-Head 11:52 AM 01-16-2005
I've got a batch of "John Bull" brewing in the basement as we speak...
My dada was/is an AMAZING home brew maker.
Funny this thred should appear 3 days after I started running another batch.
Cheched it last night , just prior to "having a draw"...(Refer to "Weed smokers only" thread))
[Reply]
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Up