ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
The Lounge>Home brew
Dartgod 10:46 AM 01-16-2005
I know there are some other home brewers on here; Bwana and TJ for starters.

I'm brewing my first batch ever today. It's a German wheat. Looking forward to tasting this bad boy in about a month! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:20 AM 05-24-2020
I've grown frustrated with it over the years, and maybe my taste has just surpassed what I can do at home.

One big frustration though is that I've ended up with geysers a few times, generally after storing for a few months... different batches, sanitizing the shit out of everything, and with extract kits (so there shouldn't be an excessive amount of sugar).

Also haven't been able to nail down a great stout... I've made some okay ones (coffee is pretty easy) and it's generally easier to make a good IPA (at least for my taste in IPAs), but a BBA-type of stout is the next level.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:34 AM 05-24-2020
Feel like those big viscous stouts need a really long boil and elongate the brewday. I don't brew many, the last was as a 5 person 30 gallon barrel project. 3 hour boil. One perk of covid is the project owner wanted to empty the beer after only 7 months in the barrel, but we had to shut our clubhouse down where it is being stored so it might make it a full year.
[Reply]
candyman 11:37 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Groves:
Selling any vacuum based equipment? Transfer pumps or all in one vacs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, dont have anything like that sorry.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up