ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>IS THERE a price that’s too high for you to pay Mahomes?
Direckshun 11:30 AM 05-23-2020
I know we all say in jest we should pay him a small country’s economy, and I think we all have a read on Mahomes’ character to where we anticipate he’ll re-set the market but he’s not going to gobble up half of our capspace or anything. We know it’s going to be pricey and that that’s reasonable.

But what if Mahomes goes the full Dak.

Seriously — we’ve never seen anything like this. He won an MVP *and* a Super Bowl MVP. He’s had the best start to his career in NFL history.

What if Mahomes comes to you, Brett Veach, and opens at 55m/year? 60m/year?

And if he does come in at an astronomical price that you won’t accept, what do you do? You have him on the 5th year option in 2021, and two years of the franchise tag through 2023.

But this is a guy who our ABSOLUTE BEST SHOT at multiple Super Bowls. How high is too high for that?
[Reply]
Stryker 08:28 PM 05-24-2020
PM2 is a rational professional. He is NOT going to be a greedy bastard ala DP. He is mature and understanding of what is going on around him. He is not going to rape the system. He will be well compensated and that is that. Quit wigging out already!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 PM 05-26-2020
There just isn’t anything worth more than Mahomes. What if you can get Dak and your pick at every position of the NFC pro bowl. Or our current team? Still don’t make that deal. That’s how valuable the QB position is in today’s NFL.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:55 PM 05-26-2020
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/...722810368?s=20
[Reply]
bowener 09:51 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by el borracho:
I suppose in some ways that would level the field for us. If we pay Pat something prohibitive and that causes other teams to pay their QBs something prohibitive then we would all be in the same situation- paid QBs and a bunch of inexpensive nobodies everywhere else.
The old Al Davis trick, ruining first-round draft contracts for everybody. It did help usher in the new era with fixed contracts, so there's that.

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Anything higher than 5 year 175 million
I'm not sure if serious, but that is the absolute LOWEST Mahomes should be paid. If he signs for that Veach did a great job.

No matter what Mahomes is paid, within 3 years somebody will get a larger contract. That's just how it's done. Lamar Jackson will probably get a larger contract regardless of any postseason success he may or may not have. The only way I can see Mahomes' contract remaining the highest is if COVID causes a large enough drop in revenue that the cap stays stagnant for a bit.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up