ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 151
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 10:05 PM 01-21-2020
I hate hate hate hate when people blame coaches for this. There is absolutely not an indictment on any coach one way or another. Take responsibility for your own actions. SDS fucked up. So did the K-State guys. Weber and Self have zero responsibility in all of this.

Zero.
[Reply]
Pants 10:10 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
This is some Ron Artest style crap, right here!

Weber was quoted as saying he told his kids to back off, and took blame for it (the kids not listening).

Was a high-road/classy thing to say, though he did say he understood the competitive nature, etc.

I've played quite a bit of ball in my life, and I've always felt if you're up 20, and you're "doing the right thing" by not trying to run up the score on the last shot clock, it's a bit of a bush-league move to not honor that.

So with that said, I have no problem with the block by DeSousa......and hell, I dont even mind the technical foul for intimidation thereafter - but everything after that was a shit-show, and they should know better.

I guess my question is - how the hell did it get that out of hand? Where was bench players, where was coaches, where was security?

I can only assume the handshake line had started and people were too far away to intervene/stop it quickly??
The block and the ensuing stare happened right next to the KSU bench. They rushed DeSousa. KU boys came to help him.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:12 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
The block and the ensuing stare happened right next to the KSU bench. They rushed DeSousa. KU boys came to help him.
gotcha - thanks! :-)
[Reply]
shitgoose 10:13 PM 01-21-2020
The game was over. No need to steal the ball and get embarrassed at the other end. Take the loss and get on the bus back to Manhattan.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:13 PM 01-21-2020
Yeah, that was all pre-handshake line.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:14 PM 01-21-2020
rewatching the video, it looks like DeSousa and McCormick might have gotten a few "curb stomps" in as well.....

This is not going to end well for those two, I have a feeling.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:22 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
rewatching the video, it looks like DeSousa and McCormick might have gotten a few "curb stomps" in as well.....

This is not going to end well for those two, I have a feeling.
I've watched it may times. I saw no curb stomps. At all. There are chairs knocked over. Personal belongings knocked over. Things they are stepping over. Very irresponsible as well for Laphonso Ellis to report this. There is no evidence of this.

This is what happened. As pure fact based on videos from all different angles.

K-State guy steals ball.
DeSousa blocks the ball and comes over standing over the K-State player.
A K-State player violently shoves DeSousa with a HEAVY shove.
This is the first assault. Fact.
DeSousa in response throws the first punch. Fact.
K-State polo guy comes in swinging at DeSousa.
DeSousa eventually picks up a chair and holds it over his head.

I saw no stomps. At all. Rewatch it.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 10:24 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've watched it may times. I saw no curb stomps. At all. There are chairs knocked over. Personal belongings knocked over. Things they are stepping over. Very irresponsible as well for Laphonso Ellis to report this. There is no evidence of this.

K-State guy steals ball.

Yep....agreed from what I have seen.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:27 PM 01-21-2020
Good for De Sousa, hope he’s not out too long for defending himself from a mass of morons running at him for no good reason.

If that idiot is going to steal the ball while KU is dribbling out the clock, he and the rest of his team should be ready for the shame of getting blocked and appropriately clowned after the play.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:33 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

K-State guy steals ball.

I did....and maybe what I saw was them stepping over something. But it’s when they’re deep into the first few rows, and it’s not super clear....so hard to tell.

I hope you’re right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:55 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
There hasnt been anything comparable to this under Self. But after Giles, Giddens, hell even the Morris twins shooting people with air rifles...there is a reason non-KU fans think of Self as giving multiple chances to "thugs".

I also think there were multiple (non-violent) incidents with Vick and Thaarpe.

Anyway my point is not to bring all this up, just saying Self has been known for giving 2nd chances, and believing in his kids, even when it hurts his PR.
Self didn’t give Giles or Giddens second chances. Hell, Giddens probably deserved one.

The only second chance for a violent allegation that I can think of was Vick. And its possible that the rumors were far from reality in that situation.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:02 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Good for De Sousa, hope he’s not out too long for defending himself from a mass of morons running at him for no good reason.

If that idiot is going to steal the ball while KU is dribbling out the clock, he and the rest of his team should be ready for the shame of getting blocked and appropriately clowned after the play.
Why? What’s the point?
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:42 PM 01-21-2020
I'm sorry I love college basketball and Bill Self has to go. He has demonstrated time and time again that he cannot control his program. D'souza should not have gone for such a taunt over an opponent, maybe shoulda passed up the block. More importantly Self should have cut D'souza and himself before this season with the violations and everyone should have sat out. Better to take the punishment early and ask for forgiveness.
Coach K gets another title after tonight and I'm glad because Look at the Pelicans.Yeah, You like basketball, fuck the lakers, clippers and celtics. Look at the pelicans. Nobody will compete with them next year. Look at the pelicans - All duke studs.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:43 PM 01-21-2020
Go Duke!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:44 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
I'm sorry I love college basketball and Bill Self has to go. He has demonstrated time and time again that he cannot control his program. D'souza should not have gone for such a taunt over an opponent, maybe shoulda passed up the block. More importantly Self should have cut D'souza and himself before this season with the violations and everyone should have sat out. Better to take the punishment early and ask for forgiveness.
Coach K gets another title after tonight and I'm glad because Look at the Pelicans.Yeah, You like basketball, **** the lakers, clippers and celtics. Look at the pelicans. Nobody will compete with them next year. Look at the pelicans - All duke studs.

You’d like for Self to go, since KU has higher title odds in Vegas.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 151
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Up