ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 82
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 09:52 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Rice is too high if we assume he's probably sitting down 4-6 games.

I personally think Brown is too low. Worthy should be about right.
Yeah thats based on the assumption they play 17 games.
[Reply]
Wallymo 09:53 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
This kid tracked over-the-shoulder deep balls and ran better routes at 18 years old than Hardman can after a half decade in the NFL. Anyone insinuating that Worthy is another Mecole doesn’t know their ass from a hole in the ground in terms of football.

This thread will get bumped for the next 15 years, just to laugh at the clowns who dissed this pick.
Worthy's ability to consistently catch over-the-shoulder balls is what really excites me. Who is the last Chiefs receiver that excelled at that skill? MVS had to completely pirouette on every deep pass because he could not catch the ball unless he was facing it. Another poster noted that there did not seem to be as many elite over-the-shoulder receivers as in the past, and I agree.

Once on the same mental page as Mahomes, Worthy is going to really excel at the broken-down, extended plays because of his tracking ability. Patrick really CAN air it out and have someone that can find and run under it. I'm crazy excited for it.

Combine this pick with Suamataia and I couldn't be happier. I would have been ok with picking Kingsley at 32 and can't believe our fortune to get him at the end of the second round. Elite size and athletic ability. Just turned 21 with a ceiling that hasn't even been scratched. Suamataia needs a little more coaching up and to continue to grow into his body. But by 2025 he will be be a good starter and by his third year he will be a monster (he will then only be 23 years old). Plus, he now has my favorite Chiefs name to say out loud since Dan Saleaumua!

I think we got an above-average starter at receiver and the centerpiece of our future offensive line with the first two picks. Anything additional from this draft is gravy. My preference would be IOL and RB with the remaining picks. But I'm going to walk away from this weekend smiling regardless.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:22 AM 04-27-2024
I'm catching more highlights today and what X and Hollywood are going to do for our tackles is going to be next level.

They're both fast enough that if their chemistry is right with Patrick, he can throw it up 35-50 yards downfield within a couple seconds of the snap and they'll do the rest. Tackles don't have to hold up forever.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:30 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Receiving yards prediction

Rice 1,100 yards
Kelce 900 yards
Worthy 700 yards
Brown 699 yards
Watson 325 yards
I think you're a bit low on a lot of those stats; that is shaping up to being Mahomes' worst season ever if that prediction is true.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:35 AM 04-27-2024

What a weekend for @XavierWorthy. From all of Chiefs Kingdom, Happy 21st Birthday! pic.twitter.com/xer4vSnom3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:37 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
Dude can’t even manage his chronic health condition with a great medical team’s support at Texas. Of course pro teams had the logical perception he isn’t mature or passionate or the face of a franchise. I see kids managing their diabetes with tools widely available and this adult with he best resources at his fingertips can’t do it. The Diabetes is just an excuse for being a shit person or he’s a lazy, unmotivated, waste of talent. Either way - most GMs didn’t want him.

Fact is, you were wrong. Experts with actual NFL jobs didn’t think he was an ‘alpha’.
You new to this draft thing or you have the memory of a goldfish.

Chris Godwin
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Deebo Samuel
Tee Higgins
Michael Pittman
Davonte Adams
Terry McLaurin

All currently playing and not drafted in the 1st.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:41 AM 04-27-2024
Both Worthy and Kingsley: nearly zero injury history. Worthy had that broken hand and once sprained an ankle and it caused him to miss zero games.

Kingsley reported zero injuries. Lmao so much better than sitting here talking myself into Mims.
[Reply]
Delano 12:53 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You new to this draft thing or you have the memory of a goldfish.

Chris Godwin
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Deebo Samuel
Tee Higgins
Michael Pittman
Davonte Adams
Terry McLaurin

All currently playing and not drafted in the 1st.
You’ve moved on from the diabetes argument to … what exactly is the point of your post?
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:00 PM 04-27-2024
Now list all the WRs drafted in not-the-first that aren't doin shit in the league
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:04 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Hurray! Now he can drink!

.....but uh, do so responsibly. Please.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:16 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Adonai Mitchell had some weird stuff swirling around him. So apparently he’s a type 1 diabetic who doesn’t control his blood sugar properly and when he goes low he comes across as abrasive.

Can a billion dollar organization help him with that?
It's a little different than that.

And there's a good number of people that get violent when their blood sugar gets wonky. I think the issue was his "It's who I am - you get the good with the bad" kind of attitude.

And that is not a direct quote but more of a summation of the feelings people walked away from conversations with him had. It could have been people interpreted his words wrong or he could be a selfish POS that doesn't care if he hurts the people around him. It wouldn't be the first time false info was leaked to tank a guy - but a lot of teams sure seemed to consider it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:20 PM 04-27-2024

:-)

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:25 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
You’ve moved on from the diabetes argument to … what exactly is the point of your post?

I can't spell it out for you in crayon.

:-)

You have no idea what you are looking at.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:29 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:

And there's a good number of people that get violent when their blood sugar gets wonky. I think the issue was his "It's who I am - you get the good with the bad" kind of attitude.

And that is not a direct quote but more of a summation of the feelings people walked away from conversations with him had. It could have been people interpreted his words wrong or he could be a selfish POS that doesn't care if he hurts the people around him. It wouldn't be the first time false info was leaked to tank a guy - but a lot of teams sure seemed to consider it.

I don't care about feelings. All I can look at are his games. He went in the 2nd so the feelings obviously did not change much except for the fact that this year's 2nd round guys looked like teams were just grabbing system fits and style preferences.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:46 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:

You understand who you're arguing with?
[Reply]
Page 51 of 82
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up