ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4865 of 4898
« First < 3865436547654815485548614862486348644865 48664867486848694875 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
After hearing Sean Payton brag about his weird, and I suppose successful attempt to help the Jets get draft capital it's hard to take anything they are saying/leaking about their war room at face value.
You mean you don't think it's genius that Payton tricked an NFC team into giving one of his AFC competitors draft capital?!
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 11:04 AM 05-06-2024
Like, as a Chiefs fan, I'm not even remotely worried about Nix at all. It doesn't concern me one bit because it's just not there. It's much more daunting to have Herbert in the division. After watching Nix's film, and reading up on him, yeah, I'm not seeing it.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:06 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The Broncos traded away three firsts and three seconds over the last three years. They didn’t want to trade away more picks if they could help it.

They did think about moving up for Bo after Atlanta drafted Penix. Thankfully, George Paton read the draft extremely well. He knew the Vikings liked McCarthy, the Bears wouldn’t move off Odunze, the Jets didn’t want to drop far away from the top tackles, and the Raiders were more of a Penix team than a Bo team.

Things got really tense in the war room after the Penix pick, according to Klis:
Man your takes and spin on things is ridiculous.

1. If Nix is the QB Payton thinks he is then giving up additional picks. He's not so the "saving picks" logic fails.

2. He didn't read the draft well. No one was jumping ahead of them for Nix. He took Nix as a panic move more than anything else.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:57 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I doubt Payton meant that Nix is the next Mahomes. If he did, he should be laughed at.

Payton could have tanked last year and drafted a player that actually is similar to Mahomes and a potential superstar. If he had any sense, he'd have pulled the plug after 70-20. Anyone could see they weren't going anywhere.

Or they could have drafted Rattler, aka Albino Mahomes, and grabbed an elite weapon at #12. I think history's going to show that either move would have given them a better, more exciting NFL QB.
Yeah, I read the quote the way you did. I don't think Payton is implying that Nix is the next Mahomes.

I think he's saying Nix was the guy he wanted, relative to his draft position, that was attainable for Denver and fit what he wants to do at QB.

Clearly, no one is making comps between Mahomes and Nix, cause that would just be really fucking stupid.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:08 PM 05-06-2024
[QUOTE=RunKC;17510285]Knowmo trying to claim Bo Nix has a high ceiling is hilarious. Nobody but him thinks that.

You’ll find that’s a ongoing theme in this thread.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:09 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Clearly, no one is making comps between Mahomes and Nix, cause that would just be really ****ing stupid.
Well, not clearly... Remember who we're talking about
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:09 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yeah, I read the quote the way you did. I don't think Payton is implying that Nix is the next Mahomes.

I think he's saying Nix was the guy he wanted, relative to his draft position, that was attainable for Denver and fit what he wants to do at QB.

Clearly, no one is making comps between Mahomes and Nix, cause that would just be really ****ing stupid.
I agree. Doubt he was suggesting he believed he was another Mahomes. Just saying the last time he really wanted a QB like Nix, was similar to how he believed Mahomes would be special.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:25 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Well, not clearly... Remember who we're talking about
Fair enough.

But I think it's been well established in this thread that there's 'KnowMo' and then the rest of the free thinking world.

Not even our other fellow misguided Donkey brethren are that diluted.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:30 PM 05-06-2024
They did think about moving up for Bo after Atlanta drafted Penix. Thankfully, George Paton read the draft extremely well. He knew the Vikings liked McCarthy, the Bears wouldn’t move off Odunze, the Jets didn’t want to drop far away from the top tackles, and the Raiders were more of a Penix team than a Bo team.
Paton read the draft extremely well? If he read the draft so well, then why didn't he trade down? The most generous thing I've seen about draft prospects for Nix said the Rams were going to take him at #19. I don't really believe that, but let's say it's true. That means that Denver could have traded down at least as far as #18 and still have picked up Nix. Had they done so, they would have picked up some damn nice draft capital in the process. The draft chart I use says the difference between pick #12 and pick #18 is 300 points, or the equivalent of a late 2nd round choice. If Paton "read the draft extremely well," why didn't he get some additional capital?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:37 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I doubt Payton meant that Nix is the next Mahomes. If he did, he should be laughed at.

Payton could have tanked last year and drafted a player that actually is similar to Mahomes and a potential superstar. If he had any sense, he'd have pulled the plug after 70-20. Anyone could see they weren't going anywhere.

Or they could have drafted Rattler, aka Albino Mahomes, and grabbed an elite weapon at #12. I think history's going to show that either move would have given them a better, more exciting NFL QB.

Yeah, I think Warren Sharp misunderstood what Payton's point was. Maybe on purpose, to create yet another bit of clickbait for people to get excited about.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:50 PM 05-06-2024
Raiders played the draft better than the desperate teams. Was never a fan of Nix or McCarthy, especially that high. Everyone knew since the combine that the Broncos and Vikings were desperate for a QB bc Cousins and Russ were out.

If the Raiders truly wanted Nix they could have made a trade up 2 spots to the Jets bc they knew their LT would still be there at 13 anyway.

Raiders didn’t view these QB’s like Denver did. Whether that hurts them we’ll see, but I think they were right to not draft a QB out of desperation.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:26 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Paton read the draft extremely well? If he read the draft so well, then why didn't he trade down? The most generous thing I've seen about draft prospects for Nix said the Rams were going to take him at #19. I don't really believe that, but let's say it's true. That means that Denver could have traded down at least as far as #18 and still have picked up Nix. Had they done so, they would have picked up some damn nice draft capital in the process. The draft chart I use says the difference between pick #12 and pick #18 is 300 points, or the equivalent of a late 2nd round choice. If Paton "read the draft extremely well," why didn't he get some additional capital?
Why risk it all when you already hit the jackpot? Paton addressed his thought process on potentially trading back:

pic.twitter.com/dUa3WsifNA

— @ (@Denclips) May 6, 2024

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:53 PM 05-06-2024
I really think ATL taking Penix threw a massive monkey wrench in everyone else's plans. Warner said that of the top 5 QBs in the draft he liked Penix's tape better than all but Caleb's.

If ATL takes anyone else, DEN probably ends up having to decide whether to take either Penix/Nix, and LVR ends up with the other one. Might've been interesting to see if Payton wanted Penix or Nix more.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:57 PM 05-06-2024
Why risk it all when you already hit the jackpot? Paton addressed his thought process on potentially trading back:

I mean philosophically he's not wrong. Getting 3rd day picks at the risk of losing the guy you really wanted is a silly gamble.

But if Bo Nix is 'the guy you really wanted' - well that's a different problem entirely. A bad plan executed well is still a bad plan.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:05 PM 05-06-2024
I viewed Nix as the 2nd best QB in this draft behind Williams. As a Chiefs fan, I sincerely hope he's the worst.
[Reply]
Page 4865 of 4898
« First < 3865436547654815485548614862486348644865 48664867486848694875 > Last »
Up