ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alpha WR's
MahomesMagic 11:58 AM 02-27-2024
Thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Alpha WR's as there has been a lot of attention already on getting a better Mecole or MVS or tiny 140 lb slot WR's.

Alphas can't be stopped, you can only pray to contain them.

Malik Nabers

Adonai Mitchell

Adonai Mitchell is no stranger to Georgia fans. 2nd & 18, 8:16 left in the fourth quarter, Stetson Bennett drops back and completes a 40-yard touchdown strike to Mitchell over the outstretched Alabama defender to garner Georgia the lead in the national title.
It's arguably the biggest catch in program history, and according to sources, Mitchell is only scratching the surface of his stardom. It's virtually every day at this point, Mitchell will have people within the building raving about some miraculous catch he's made, or how he caught 80% of the footballs during 11on11 scrimmages.

Watch as Adonai takes over the game and has to be held repeatedly to avoid further embarrassment.

[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:19 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't think Mitchell is half as good of a prospect as you make him out to be. We'll see how far under 4.6 he runs because I don't think it'll be by much. He also just doesn't have the physical presence to make up for it. Worthy is a far better prospect IMO and was easily the better of the two on that team, which let Mitchell get a lot of coverage rolled away from him.
Adonai struggled to get separation in the college game and really never had much YAC.

I think Worthy would be a good fit for what we're missing in the offense and is a threat to take every ball he touches to the house, plus he would be a weapon in the return game for us.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:21 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Adonai struggled to get separation in the college game and really never had much YAC.

I think Worthy would be a good fit for what we're missing in the offense and is a threat to take every ball he touches to the house, plus he would be a weapon in the return game for us.
No, he did not.

Watch him vs Alabama. He scored 2 TD's and they had to grab and hold him from getting more.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:23 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
No, he did not.

Watch him vs Alabama. He scored 2 TD's and they had to grab and hold him from getting more.
I'm a Longhorns fan and watched every game he played. He struggles to get separation when the play isn't schemed to get him open -- which Sark is a master of in his offense.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:27 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I'm a Longhorns fan and watched every game he played. He struggles to get separation when the play isn't schemed to get him open -- which Sark is a master of in his offense.

:-)

He was playing outside boundary over and over against guys that will be playing corner at the NFL level and showed a hell of a lot more than little Worthy or Franklin as to beating real corners at the next level.

Anyways, this is the Alpha thread. If you want to talk about a tiny slot or a MVS replacement there are other spots for you to promote those guys.
[Reply]
O.city 01:29 PM 02-27-2024
I'd prefer to not draft a guy that can't get open
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:32 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd prefer to not draft a guy that can't get open
I'd prefer you watch him play.

I embedded some videos to help you.
[Reply]
O.city 01:39 PM 02-27-2024
Yeah, I've watched enough. He's fine.

He's not the type of WR the Chiefs will prefer. I'm not sure he's gonna run very well, so we may be able to get him in the 2nd, which would be awesome.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:41 PM 02-27-2024
Yeah, I've watched enough. He's fine.

He's not the type of WR the Chiefs will prefer. I'm not sure he's gonna run very well, so we may be able to get him in the 2nd, which would be awesome.
Yeah, unfortunately our preferences created one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 02-27-2024
You can like Adonai and while also acknowledging that he's not a separator.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:50 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He gets open. He won't get college open at the next level.

Most of the tiny fast guys won't either though.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:15 PM 02-27-2024
Nah just going to ignore the parts I dont like because im already balls deep.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:55 PM 02-27-2024
Mitchell is a similar prospect to George Pickens.
Lol like fuck he is. Let me know when Mitchell does anything even remotely similar to what Pickens displayed.

Dont understand the Mitchell hype at all. That's a 4th round draft pick in my eyes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:55 PM 02-27-2024
Pickens is a good comp. That's his FLOOR.

He can be way better.
ahhh naaaah.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:57 PM 02-27-2024
Adonai Mitchell is a top 15 talent in this draft.

Bunnies What GIFfrom Bunnies GIFs

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:04 PM 02-27-2024
He's not an anything-arator.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up