ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alpha WR's
MahomesMagic 11:58 AM 02-27-2024
Thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Alpha WR's as there has been a lot of attention already on getting a better Mecole or MVS or tiny 140 lb slot WR's.

Alphas can't be stopped, you can only pray to contain them.

Malik Nabers

Adonai Mitchell

Adonai Mitchell is no stranger to Georgia fans. 2nd & 18, 8:16 left in the fourth quarter, Stetson Bennett drops back and completes a 40-yard touchdown strike to Mitchell over the outstretched Alabama defender to garner Georgia the lead in the national title.
It's arguably the biggest catch in program history, and according to sources, Mitchell is only scratching the surface of his stardom. It's virtually every day at this point, Mitchell will have people within the building raving about some miraculous catch he's made, or how he caught 80% of the footballs during 11on11 scrimmages.

Watch as Adonai takes over the game and has to be held repeatedly to avoid further embarrassment.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:36 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What the **** are you talking about?

McLaurin was 6 ft/208
Campbell was 6 ft/205

If you’re trying to make yourself look prone to pulling wild and inaccurate statements out of your ass, you’re doing a great job.
Already addressed this.

The larger point is that Paris was the volume slot and the draft entertainment industry were all excited about Parris and not the better WR prospect on the same team.

That's happening again with Mitchell and Worthy.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:14 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Already addressed this.

The larger point is that Paris was the volume slot and the draft entertainment industry were all excited about Parris and not the better WR prospect on the same team.

That's happening again with Mitchell and Worthy.
I am on record, for a very long time, in saying that I want a big receiver.

AD Mitchell is a very good route runner, and he isn't the flashy pick, but he would be super solid with Mahomes.

I encourage people to watch Mitchell's highlights/film from his time with Georgia. He looked much more dynamic. I don't know if it was QB play, or just a different offense, but Mitchell isn't as impressive at Texas as he was at Georgia.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:00 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
One had Mahomes
One started every game this season too. I'd say it balances out.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:19 PM 03-01-2024
Alpha WR, shoot for Mike Evans
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
About to ban the next person who refers to a WR with that term.
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Alpha WR, shoot for Mike Evans
On thin fucking ice.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:27 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't think Mitchell is half as good of a prospect as you make him out to be. We'll see how far under 4.6 he runs because I don't think it'll be by much. He also just doesn't have the physical presence to make up for it. Worthy is a far better prospect IMO and was easily the better of the two on that team, which let Mitchell get a lot of coverage rolled away from him.
Yikes on your 4.6
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:35 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am on record, for a very long time, in saying that I want a big receiver.

AD Mitchell is a very good route runner, and he isn't the flashy pick, but he would be super solid with Mahomes.

I encourage people to watch Mitchell's highlights/film from his time with Georgia. He looked much more dynamic. I don't know if it was QB play, or just a different offense, but Mitchell isn't as impressive at Texas as he was at Georgia.

only 2 WRs at the combine since 2015 to:

…run 4.35 or less in the 40
…measure at least 6’2” tall
…at a weight of at least 205

DK Metcalf
Adonai Mitchellpic.twitter.com/gL9Z6xJMb1

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) March 2, 2024

:-)
[Reply]
JPH83 04:15 PM 03-02-2024
Yeah I liked the route running and hands before this. Now I'm convinced Mitchell is the guy...but also that he'll probably go too early for us. Bummer.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:11 PM 03-02-2024
Legitimately wowed by 4.35 by Mitchell. When a guy looks 4.60 on tape consistently and then runs that speed at the combine (despite about a 0.05 delay in the timer starting with his motion), I'm just kind of like hmm, why did he never play up to that speed because it's no doubt there? It helps his case a ton but now I have as many questions going the other way.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:17 PM 03-02-2024
Aside from Mitchell, I think Ladd McConkey helped himself a ton by coming in and being a legit 6'0" and running a 4.39.

Franklin not running sub-4.4 is not what I expected. Though we never expected DeVonta Smith to be 4.54 either.

Isaiah Williams running 4.64 pretty much killed his stock for me, as did Coleman running 4.61.

Mitchell firmly replaced Coleman as a 1st rounder. Worthy may have leaped Franklin as a first-rounder. McConkey is absolutely there in that discussion as well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:47 PM 03-02-2024
Aside from Mitchell, I think Ladd McConkey helped himself a ton by coming in and being a legit 6'0" and running a 4.39.

Franklin not running sub-4.4 is not what I expected. Though we never expected DeVonta Smith to be 4.54 either.

Isaiah Williams running 4.64 pretty much killed his stock for me, as did Coleman running 4.61.

Mitchell firmly replaced Coleman as a 1st rounder. Worthy may have leaped Franklin as a first-rounder. McConkey is absolutely there in that discussion as well.
Legette helped himself the most.

I need to spend more time on him.

If his routes are good enough I move him ahead of Worthy and Franklin.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:53 PM 03-02-2024
Legette helped himself the most.

I need to spend more time on him.

If his routes are good enough I move him ahead of Worthy and Franklin.
Don't cycle into plain idiocy. He's nowhere near Worthy or Franklin. And let's not act like Franklin is slow and he's certainly not bad. This is an incredibly fast WR class. 4.41 is still cookin. 4.45 is a benchmark you want to get to with your WRs AND 4.41 is probably about the lower end for Franklin. He didn't run a 4.6.

Any statement that moves anyone ahead of Worthy is probably just ridiculous at this point. Worthy is going up, not down. 4.21 official is one of the fastest times in history and the fastest ever at the combine.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 06:13 PM 03-02-2024
He is certainly Worthy of our pick in first!!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:14 PM 03-02-2024
Don't cycle into plain idiocy. He's nowhere near Worthy or Franklin. And let's not act like Franklin is slow and he's certainly not bad. This is an incredibly fast WR class. 4.41 is still cookin. 4.45 is a benchmark you want to get to with your WRs AND 4.41 is probably about the lower end for Franklin. He didn't run a 4.6.

Any statement that moves anyone ahead of Worthy is probably just ridiculous at this point. Worthy is going up, not down. 4.21 official is one of the fastest times in history and the fastest ever at the combine.
Well, you said having Adonai ahead of Worthy was crazy too and I expect that NFL teams will agree.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:24 PM 03-02-2024
Well, you said having Adonai ahead of Worthy was crazy too and I expect that NFL teams will agree.
Adonai got himself into the 1st round conversation and may be considered over Franklin because of his size. He was not a 1st round prospect or even in the discussion. Worthy already was.

There's still a solid chance Adonai doesn't go in the 1st.

I think there is no doubt about 5 of them going in the 1st and Worthy is in that group of 5. Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Worthy, Thomas. Those guys are going in 1, for sure. Zero doubt.

After those it's going to be preferences between Mitchell, McConkey, and Franklin IMO with only 1 of the 3 possibly sneaking in.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up