ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 Tight End class
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 10-25-2023
I don't have anything remarkable to talk about here but I wanted to talk about this guy and didn't see a TE thread.

Cade Stover, TE for Ohio State. I'm really impressed by him. I think I'd be willing to trade up in the 3rd or maybe even take him in the 2nd depending on how he tests.

He's just a really polished catcher, he's very physical. He's a little shorter than I like in a TE especially if he measures more like 6'2'' than the 6'4'' he's listed at. In either event, I think he's the guy I'm zoning in on in this draft since Bowers is a pipe dream.

Anybody have a guy out there they're particularly interested in that may be within range? If so, who and what round?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 10-25-2023
If Sanders from Texas somehow made it to our 2nd, I'd be all over that.

Haven't watched Stover yet.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:16 PM 10-25-2023
Theo Johnson from Penn State. Good size, good hands, plays the position like a WR. Day 3 guy more than likely. So he will need some marinating.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:43 PM 10-25-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If Sanders from Texas somehow made it to our 2nd, I'd be all over that.

Haven't watched Stover yet.
What I find intriguing about Stover is his defensive background. Played some end, played some LBer. He's been moved all over and you kinda get a feel for that when you watching him navigate the middle of the field.

Y'know, kinda like a certain ex-quarterback we have playing the position that seems to have an uncanny feel for finding space because he hasn't always been a tight end...

Honestly it's one of those things where I think he'd be a friggen nails TE2 for us so the question becomes what I'm willing to expend on that if it's all he ever becomes. Because again, the dude is physical. He's willing to get dirty both over the middle and as a blocker.

I think he'd be a substantial upgrade over Gray, especially in the run game. I mean I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to get ONLY that from a late 3rd rounder. I just don't know if I'm eager to trade up for it or take him in the 2nd.

I just like the guy.

Projecting on his RoY performance and measurables (both being strong with no obvious red flags), I think I'd like to see us maybe trade back out of 2 into the mid-3rd, see if we can pick up a 4th rounder for our efforts and then go McMillan/Stover with our 1st two picks.

Or now that I think about it, how 'bout moving off 1 into mid-2 and get a mid 3 for the trouble, then package that with our late 3 to move up into the early 3rd. Take McMillan with the higher of our 2nds, developmental OT or DT with our lower 2nd, Stover with the high 3rd we moved up for...
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:03 PM 10-25-2023
If they don't draft one this upcoming year I'd love to see them target Colston Loveland from Michigan in 2025.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:05 PM 10-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What I find intriguing about Stover is his defensive background. Played some end, played some LBer. He's been moved all over and you kinda get a feel for that when you watching him navigate the middle of the field.

Y'know, kinda like a certain ex-quarterback we have playing the position that seems to have an uncanny feel for finding space because he hasn't always been a tight end...

Honestly it's one of those things where I think he'd be a friggen nails TE2 for us so the question becomes what I'm willing to expend on that if it's all he ever becomes. Because again, the dude is physical. He's willing to get dirty both over the middle and as a blocker.

I think he'd be a substantial upgrade over Gray, especially in the run game. I mean I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to get ONLY that from a late 3rd rounder. I just don't know if I'm eager to trade up for it or take him in the 2nd.

I just like the guy.

Projecting on his RoY performance and measurables (both being strong with no obvious red flags), I think I'd like to see us maybe trade back out of 2 into the mid-3rd, see if we can pick up a 4th rounder for our efforts and then go McMillan/Stover with our 1st two picks.

Or now that I think about it, how 'bout moving off 1 into mid-2 and get a mid 3 for the trouble, then package that with our late 3 to move up into the early 3rd. Take McMillan with the higher of our 2nds, developmental OT or DT with our lower 2nd, Stover with the high 3rd we moved up for...
Did Balto take over your account?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 10-25-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Did Balto take over your account?
Oh that's just a trade down and another trade up. Hell, it'd be weird if Veach DIDN'T do something like that.

And it didn't involve MVS or Laremy Tunsil.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:12 PM 10-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh that's just a trade down and another trade up. Hell, it'd be weird if Veach DIDN'T do something like that.

And it didn't involve MVS or Laremy Tunsil.
Fair enough
[Reply]
kccrow 07:02 PM 10-25-2023
I like Ben Yurosek from Stanford quite a bit.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:54 PM 10-26-2023
If we're looking for a late round TE/FB hybrid ala Kyle Juszczyk, the homer in me would like to see us take Ben Sinnott from K-State.

He helped spring Deuce loose a handful of times last year, as well as some key blocks this year so far. And he's had some pretty clutch catches in the passing game as well.

[Reply]
Dante84 04:56 PM 12-19-2023
There’s just no way we get Bowers, huh.

Every year I fall in love with a player who is so out of our leagu. Pisses me off.although I do like winning the Super Bowl, so there is that.
[Reply]
Bump 09:56 PM 12-19-2023
Last year I was hoping for one of those TE's that were available when we picked. I just have this hunch that Kelce is gonna retire after this season or maybe the season after it. He might want to chase Tony G's records but who knows if he actually wants to.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:14 PM 12-20-2023
Long for most everybody at 30 mins but, some good analysis of a few Senior Bowl TE's Jaheim Bell, Theo Johnson, and Ben Sinnott.

[Reply]
iSavedLatin 05:35 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Long for most everybody at 30 mins but, some good analysis of a few Senior Bowl TE's Jaheim Bell, Theo Johnson, and Ben Sinnott.

Love me some Jaheim Bell. He's a WR, a TE, and an RB all rolled into one. His measurables likely mean he'd never get drafted by KC, but he would be a matchup problem for defenses and a fun toy for Andy to play with. He's surprisingly violent and explosive with the ball in his hands.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:46 AM 12-21-2023
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin:
Love me some Jaheim Bell. He's a WR, a TE, and an RB all rolled into one. His measurables likely mean he'd never get drafted by KC, but he would be a matchup problem for defenses and a fun toy for Andy to play with. He's surprisingly violent and explosive with the ball in his hands.
I like Jaheim Bell as well and wouldn't mind the Chiefs taking a look at him. You're absolutely right though, his measurables definitely aren't the greatest but Andy could have some fun with scheming him in a game plan

Blake Bell shouldn't be back. Father time is loudly banging at the door. Kelce, who knows when he will call it quits. This year? Next year? The year after that? We will need a hands in the dirt TE very soon. Noah Gray isn't that. Matt Bushman isn't that. Looking at the 2024 TE Free Agent list looks somewhat between meh and a dumpster fire. The draft class this year isn't that great either. It's going to be hard going from a HOF TE to god knows what.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up