ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 56
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
flinchfree 09:49 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
GoldinAuctions sent me an email saying they can see it auctioning off for 5 figures “easily”. I know they’ll say shit in order to get m business, but everything I’ve researched says +10k.

Maybe 4-6 if the card was in 2018 or 2019, but it’s his rookie card.

I think Easy6 was asking the price on my Flawless...:-)

Your Origins is bang on correct at 10+K
[Reply]
In58men 09:55 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
I think Easy6 was asking the price on my Flawless...:-)

Your Origins is bang on correct at 10+K
Oooohhhhh gotcha, well then…….I’ll see myself out.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:25 AM 08-01-2021
Here's the one that sold at the opening of the National on Wednesday for $4.3 million.

To clear a few things up, the media keeps saying, "just think what it would have sold for if it would have been graded a 10!" In this case, it doesn't really matter. This is a 1 of 1 logo shield. Basically you only get this graded just to verify it's authenticity. Value really isn't effected (I mean unless it's like a super low grade like 1 to 3).

Also, yes, it is the new record for highest selling NFL card in history surpassing the Tom Brady Contenders Championship parallel of which there are 100 copies. So, a little perspective would tell you that if there were an equivalent 1 of 1 Brady rookie (there aren't any), it would most definitely surpass the Mahomes.

And lastly...the guy who originally pulled the card sold it for around $7000 shortly after pulling it in 2017/18. I'm sure as of right now, he's sitting in a dark room in the fetal position crying.

[Reply]
flinchfree 01:33 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Here's the one that sold at the opening of the National on Wednesday for $4.3 million.

To clear a few things up, the media keeps saying, "just think what it would have sold for if it would have been graded a 10!" In this case, it doesn't really matter. This is a 1 of 1 logo shield. Basically you only get this graded just to verify it's authenticity. Value really isn't effected (I mean unless it's like a super low grade like 1 to 3).

Also, yes, it is the new record for highest selling NFL card in history surpassing the Tom Brady Contenders Championship parallel of which there are 100 copies. So, a little perspective would tell you that if there were an equivalent 1 of 1 Brady rookie (there aren't any), it would most definitely surpass the Mahomes.

And lastly...the guy who originally pulled the card sold it for around $7000 shortly after pulling it in 2017/18. I'm sure as of right now, he's sitting in a dark room in the fetal position crying.

Imagine pulling that card....
It's damn majestic, shield is almost like like the star spangled banner.
:-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:33 AM 08-01-2021
Hearing that the trends at the national convention was that those with high dollar cards were trying to trade down for multiple cards, while those with not the bank busting cards were trying to trade up into something higher in value. What that tells me is that dealers are having trouble moving those high value cards for a simple lack up viable buyers. Maybe 1-3% of all card collectors can purchase a 10K+, hell even a 5K+ card for that matter. From a selling perspective, I can have 10 cards in a display case that will sell at 1k each, or 1 card that will that will sit for years for others to look at in a display case for 10K plus.

This has nothing to do with any persons one particular card/s. It is just an interesting market trend that shows what sells on the regular, and what doesn't.
[Reply]
In58men 11:52 AM 08-01-2021
A few more I have stashed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
flinchfree 06:03 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Hearing that the trends at the national convention was that those with high dollar cards were trying to trade down for multiple cards, while those with not the bank busting cards were trying to trade up into something higher in value. What that tells me is that dealers are having trouble moving those high value cards for a simple lack up viable buyers. Maybe 1-3% of all card collectors can purchase a 10K+, hell even a 5K+ card for that matter. From a selling perspective, I can have 10 cards in a display case that will sell at 1k each, or 1 card that will that will sit for years for others to look at in a display case for 10K plus.

This has nothing to do with any persons one particular card/s. It is just an interesting market trend that shows what sells on the regular, and what doesn't.
You need to get involved in some collector groups.....Blowout, Facebook, IG, and Net54.
ALOT of big cards changing hands. Think your info isn't right.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:54 AM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
You need to get involved in some collector groups.....Blowout, Facebook, IG, and Net54.
ALOT of big cards changing hands. Think your info isn't right.

Changing hands doesn't always pay the bills. When rent is due and distributors want their 20k for the product they delivered last week. Those 10k and up cards in the vast majority of cases for everyone becomes what it really is, a conversation piece.

And eh, I have no need to be involved with social media to collect, trade or sell cards. Too many used car salesman and wannabe moguls vibe.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 10:52 PM 08-22-2021
I have a signed Derrick Thomas card in my stash in KC. I’ll take a pic the next time I’m home. I think it was worth like $3-400 about a decade ago.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:18 PM 09-12-2021
Had to add an auto of the greatest. Ali autographed cards are criminally undervalued when compared to other GOATs. They have been creeping up though. I love this one because it's an action pose and the sig is from the 90's before his handwriting went to shit.

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09-18-2021, 11:20 AM
This message has been deleted by Fat Elvis. Reason: repost
Abba-Dabba 04:01 PM 12-30-2021
Recently had a little funny story and awesome experience with Panini. Had 1 redemption for a base auto of Rougned Odor from 2017 Chronicles Donruss Signature Series hanging out there for over 4 years that had not been fulfilled from Panini. A replacement was requested nearly 2 years ago. And as usual Panini Customer Support was less than stellar with their version of customer support.

Fast forward to mid-Nov. of this year and I just decided I would email them daily on it. It was just the principle of the whole thing, and a bit of amusement for myself to see if I could, on the off chance get at least some Panini points out of it. Only thing I would change in the email is this is the 23rd, the 24th , the 25th email. I did find the complete contact list for Panini America so every week or so I would add another Panini CS rep's email to the list. And as the typical response from Panini is to receive no response. Yesterday I shot off my 32nd or 33rd email to them and today I wake up and my wife tells me I had couple emails from Panini that a replacement had been sent overnight and the ticket was closed. She mentioned that the card was to replace the roughed and stinky card. I said roughed and stinky card like what kind nonsense are you saying woman? She pulls up the email on her phone and says look, Rougned Odor. I about passed out laughing. She then mentions to me they are sending as a replacement a 2021 Immaculate Signatures Bobby Witt Jr. Auto /75.

I just can't believe it. Panini is sending me a $75 card for replacement of a $1 stinky auto. Well done Panini.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:10 PM 12-30-2021
Recently had a little funny story and awesome experience with Panini. Had 1 redemption for a base auto of Rougned Odor from 2017 Chronicles Donruss Signature Series hanging out there for over 4 years that had not been fulfilled from Panini. A replacement was requested nearly 2 years ago. And as usual Panini Customer Support was less than stellar with their version of customer support.

Fast forward to mid-Nov. of this year and I just decided I would email them daily on it. It was just the principle of the whole thing, and a bit of amusement for myself to see if I could, on the off chance get at least some Panini points out of it. Only thing I would change in the email is this is the 23rd, the 24th , the 25th email. I did find the complete contact list for Panini America so every week or so I would add another Panini CS rep's email to the list. And as the typical response from Panini is to receive no response. Yesterday I shot off my 32nd or 33rd email to them and today I wake up and my wife tells me I had couple emails from Panini that a replacement had been sent overnight and the ticket was closed. She mentioned that the card was to replace the roughed and stinky card. I said roughed and stinky card like what kind nonsense are you saying woman? She pulls up the email on her phone and says look, Rougned Odor. I about passed out laughing. She then mentions to me they are sending as a replacement a 2021 Immaculate Signatures Bobby Witt Jr. Auto /75.

I just can't believe it. Panini is sending me a $75 card for replacement of a $1 stinky auto. Well done Panini.
I’ve been waiting for a Kevin Durant auto for over 2 years now. Maybe I’ll have to go scorched earth too.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:20 PM 12-30-2021

That story does exactly nothing to change my perception of the gangsters at Panini, in fact it only makes it worse
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:22 PM 12-30-2021

Hot damn, what a replacement lol. Could be worth some big bucks down the road. Rougned will never be worth shit.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:28 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’ve been waiting for a Kevin Durant auto for over 2 years now. Maybe I’ll have to go scorched earth too.
Do it. That is a big auto.

Their whole no response nonsense is frustrating to say the least. Fuck, send me a response, tickle my feet, whisper sweet nothings in my ear. Just give me something.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 56
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up