ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 386
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
patteeu 03:12 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Come on man. Every article or message board usually does a spoiler warning for the next couple days after an episode. Not everybody can watch every TV show or movie the moment it comes out. Like I said not mad at all at the guy but he shouldn't have posted it in the lounge or he wouldn't have deleted the post.
The deletion was a courtesy, not an admission of guilt.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:29 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The deletion was a courtesy, not an admission of guilt.
That's my take. Further, characterizing a courtesy as an admission of guilt only ends with everyone asking later down the line 'hey! whatever happened to common courtesy?'
[Reply]
patteeu 03:35 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That's my take. Further, characterizing a courtesy as an admission of guilt only ends with everyone asking later down the line 'hey! whatever happened to common courtesy?'
Yep
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:36 PM 08-21-2017
So is this ice dragon now going to roam south of the wall fucking shit up or is he going to be limited by that magical barrier?

If the Dragon is able to simply fly over the wall and fuck shit up, would the common folk lay blame at the feet of Daenerys?

Another thought: Can the NK ride the dragon? If so, could HE then fly over the wall.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:36 PM 08-21-2017
I'm starting Season 7 tonight. So everyone quit talking until I catch up.

Thank you very much. :-) :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:38 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I'm starting Season 7 tonight. So everyone quit talking until I catch up.

Thank you very much. :-) :-)
When Jon Snow died and was resurrected, was it already spoiled for you? I'd imagine you knew.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:46 PM 08-21-2017
So the producers gave themselves an easy out for next season.

Since the white walkers die simply from killing a wight, that would mean that killing the NK would ultimately kill their entire army.

With that revelation there no longer needs be a big ass war between the undead and the living. Im starting to wonder if the White Walkers even make it beyond the wall.

Imagine how pissed GoT fans would be under this scenario: NK rides UD Dragon over the wall and then gets slain by whomever. War over.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:47 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
When Jon Snow died and was resurrected, was it already spoiled for you? I'd imagine you knew.
The only thing I knew, was that I saw a still picture of him standing in a scene from Season 7 over a week ago. So I was shocked when he died but doubted what I must have seen—like perhaps it could have been a reference to something in the past. Then I deduced that perhaps Melisandre would change that, because I remember Ser Davos saying he had come back from the dead three times. I was not sure of this though, until it happened.

I also know of another spoiler regarding Jon, from reading up on things where I bumped into a spoiler but figured how it might fit together on my own because I closed my eyes to not read all of it. I won't tell though.

I look at the maps and other things to get a better understanding sometimes, but have to be careful as it can spoil things. Those Brit accents can make it hard on the ears. Especially those gutteral "t's" of theirs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:51 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The only thing I knew, was that I saw a still picture of him standing in a scene from Season 7 over a week ago. So I was shocked when he died but doubted what I must have seen—like perhaps it could have been a reference to something in the past. Then I deduced that perhaps Melisandre would change that, because I remember Ser Davos saying he had come back from the dead three times. I was not sure of this though, until it happened.

I also know of another spoiler regarding Jon, from reading up on things where I bumped into a spoiler but figured how it might fit together on my own because I closed my eyes to not read all of it. I won't tell though.

I look at the maps and other things to get a better understanding sometimes, but have to be careful as it can spoil things. Those Brit accents can make it hard on the ears. Especially those gutteral "t's" of theirs.
Yeah i'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to not spoil it yourself. So many references to Jon Snow after that episode that you just HAD to know he would be brought back to life somehow.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:52 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm already checking YouTube for Episode 7 leaks.

But don't worry, I'll keep them to myself. :-)
There's a thread for that!
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:02 PM 08-21-2017
Once the shit has aired the cat's out of the bag. The world isn't going to tip-toe around waiting for one person to watch it. How the fuck was TW suppose to know he hadn't seen it?

It's not like TW did it with malicious intent. He made a GoT reference. Nothing more. The post wasn't intended to spoil anything.

This idea that people aren't suppose to talk about it after it's already aired and millions have watched it is stupid, childish, selfish crap.
I agree
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:06 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I actually did stay off all social media. Made the mistake of reading chiefs planet. The Chiefs screw me over again. :-)
It was a headline on yahoo 30 minutes after the episode aired...

They don't do that with movie endings
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:17 PM 08-21-2017
So the producers gave themselves an easy out for next season.

Since the white walkers die simply from killing a wight, that would mean that killing the NK would ultimately kill their entire army.

With that revelation there no longer needs be a big ass war between the undead and the living. Im starting to wonder if the White Walkers even make it beyond the wall.

Imagine how pissed GoT fans would be under this scenario: NK rides UD Dragon over the wall and then gets slain by whomever. War over.
I get the point of having the white walkers as the "natural enemy" of everyone but they're boring to me. They take for fucking ever to get anywhere and the Nights King should technically be OP as fuck. I'd rather the Game of Thrones just be about the war for the throne. JMO though.
[Reply]
Hawk 04:24 PM 08-21-2017
The world isn't going to wait for you, sorry. That's some entitled bullshit.

The episode has aired. It's fair game. Unwritten rule of the internet.

Explain to me how TW or anyone else is suppose to know YOU haven't watched it.
This is so lame. You know that was a huge scene. You know it JUST aired. you know you are in a football thread where people trying not to be spoiled for GoT would have zero reason to think there would be a GoT spoiler. It's just common courtesy, which you seem to be lacking. What possible reason is there to throw out a potential spoiler in a football thread? Not bagging on the guy, he apologized and deleted it. That was a good thing to do. But your take on it is just rude and basically amounts to being a jerk just because you can.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:27 PM 08-21-2017
Not that it matters to me, but it wasn't a football thread nor labeled as one.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 386
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up