ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 386
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:41 PM 08-21-2017
The spoiler free entitlement is nuts. I get being disappointed if you can't tune in live and are trying to take actions for it not to get spoiled, but if it does without malice, thems the breaks. You can't expect people to not reference a program after its aired to the public.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:41 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What alternative rule do you propose? Is it a spoiler until it comes out on Netflix a year or more later? Is it always a spoiler because someone might not have seen it yet?
I propose common sense. Talk about it in the Game of Thrones thread in the media center when it is the day the episode aired. Or spoiler tag it like most people do.

Seriously, next time a major movie comes out I will go watch the Thursday night premiere and post the ending and major plot points in every chiefs planet thread. How many people would lose their shit? A little common sense can go a long way.

Personally, I brushed it off and was a little pissed I had that part ruined for me. (nothing to worry about) But definitely understand why people got pissed off. However, people saying that it should be common practice to post that crap in the lounge is bullshit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:44 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I propose common sense. Talk about it in the Game of Thrones thread in the media center when it is the day the episode aired. Or spoiler tag it like most people do.

Seriously, next time a major movie comes out I will go watch the Thursday night premiere and post the ending and major plot points in every chiefs planet thread. How many people would lose their shit? A little common sense can go a long way.

Personally, I brushed it off and was a little pissed I had that part ruined for me. (nothing to worry about) But definitely understand why people got pissed off. However, people saying that it should be common practice to post that crap in the lounge is bullshit.
Its not. But he deleted and apologized for it. Chillax, dude.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:47 PM 08-21-2017
By that logic why do we even have spoiler tags? He posted that crap 3 hours after the episode aired. So every time a new movie comes out I am going to post the end and any plot twists in every random thread on Chiefs planet. I'm sure nobody will get mad because hey they should have stay off the ****ing internet right.
TW didn't post what he did with the intent to spoil anything. You yourself even admitted that. You could read the post and know the intent was not to spoil.

So if you want to run around acting like a dick, then go for it. Your comparison is stupid and is in no way a reflection of what actually occurred. Would people be pissed? Sure if you're running around TRYING to be a dick.

GoT is the most popular series in pop culture right now. People are going to make cultural references, especially after just watching it.

To think the rest of the world is going to stop and wait for you is some entitled bullshit.

How long is long enough to wait? A few hours? A few days? Weeks? When are we allowed to reference it then? What if i decide to take a vacation for a month? Should you not be allowed to talk about it until i come back from my vacation?
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:49 PM 08-21-2017

The world isn't going to wait for you, sorry. That's some entitled bullshit.

The episode has aired. It's fair game. Unwritten rule of the internet.

Explain to me how TW or anyone else is suppose to know YOU haven't watched it.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:49 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Its not. But he deleted and apologized for it. Chillax, dude.
I agree. Not mad at all at the guy. Was a little disappointed but who cares life is short.

Just arguing against the people who said fuck off you shouldn't have been on the internet. :-)
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:53 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I hate to say this but, the shark dies at the end of Jaws, Jenny dies at the end of Forrest Gump, Bambi's mom gets shot, Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze, Rick sends Ilsa off with Laszlo, ET goes home, Dorothy was just having a dream, Henry Hill goes into witness protection, Clarice kills buffalo bill but Lecter escapes, Andy Dufresne breaks out of prison, Rocky loses the championship fight but wins everyone's heart...
You son of a bitch..... :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:54 PM 08-21-2017

Just arguing against the people who said **** off you shouldn't have been on the internet. :-)
It's the truth though, lol.

Millions watched the show last night. Those millions will assume those who love the show will have watched it as well. And once the episode airs, it's public knowledge now. It could come across your Instagram, Twitter feed, a community forum and even your nightly news.

If you can't bare to have it spoiled then stay off any cultural mediums until you watch it.

You have your rule and the rest of the world has theirs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:55 PM 08-21-2017
I know it sucks. It was spoiled for me on Thursday.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 02:58 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The world isn't going to wait for you, sorry. That's some entitled bullshit.

The episode has aired. It's fair game. Unwritten rule of the internet.

Explain to me how TW or anyone else is suppose to know YOU haven't watched it.
Come on man. Every article or message board usually does a spoiler warning for the next couple days after an episode. Not everybody can watch every TV show or movie the moment it comes out. Like I said not mad at all at the guy but he shouldn't have posted it in the lounge or he wouldn't have deleted the post.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:03 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's the truth though, lol.

Millions watched the show last night. Those millions will assume those who love the show will have watched it as well. And once the episode airs, it's public knowledge now. It could come across your Instagram, Twitter feed, a community forum and even your nightly news.

If you can't bare to have it spoiled then stay off any cultural mediums until you watch it.

You have your rule and the rest of the world has theirs.
I actually did stay off all social media. Made the mistake of reading chiefs planet. The Chiefs screw me over again. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:06 PM 08-21-2017
Come on man. Every article or message board usually does a spoiler warning for the next couple days after an episode. Not everybody can watch every TV show or movie the moment it comes out. Like I said not mad at all at the guy but he shouldn't have posted it in the lounge or he wouldn't have deleted the post.
Doesn't matter. There's the way you want things to be and the way things actually are.

If you haven't seen an episode etc, then don't be surprised if it gets spoiled for you. Especially if it's as popular as something like GoT. People will be talking about it through all forms of media. Like i said, it's every bit as likely to pop up on your twitter feed as it is on a community forum.

TW didn't post with the intent to spoil. He thought it was fair game like most would've thought. He deleted his post to be polite.

Next week it's probably best that you avoid public, social mediums or you run the risk of it getting spoiled. That's the nature of the beast and there's nothing you or I can do about it.

Anywhooo....lets talk about GoT now. Thread is getting off track.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:06 PM 08-21-2017
I'm already checking YouTube for Episode 7 leaks.

But don't worry, I'll keep them to myself. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:06 PM 08-21-2017
I actually did stay off all social media. Made the mistake of reading chiefs planet. The Chiefs screw me over again. :-)
Because Chiefs....Planet.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:08 PM 08-21-2017

That's not a rule.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 386
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up