ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Rickey says it’s LT
Dante84 03:01 PM 04-24-2024
For whatever that’s worth.

Draft intel
Jayden is the pick at 2
Patriots will be taking Maye or JJ (sounds like Maye and can only see them moving if they could guarantee they get one of them)
Chiefs taking LT in R1
AD Mitchell has been removed from many team's boards
Cowboys going RB in R2

— Rickey (@prettyrickey213) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:26 PM 04-24-2024
It's for sure OT in my mind.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:40 PM 04-24-2024
Give me a lt prospect in round 1 and Ricky pearsall and I’ll blow my load.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:52 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
It's for sure OT in my mind.
I've made my final decision and I agree. It has to be OT. This team is a dynasty that runs on Patrick Mahomes. As much as I've wanted to believe that Patrick could compensate for some OL problems, we just can't afford to risk the one unquestionable thing that makes the Chiefs great. We have to draft OT first. This seems like such a no-brainer that I don't understand why I didn't see it this way before. OT first and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:58 PM 04-24-2024
I always thought he was a giant asshole for never letting Lucy be in the show.

So she can't sing? Just give her a bit part or something and make her shut up, man. She's your fucking wife. It's not like anybody's going to get mad at you.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:07 PM 04-24-2024
If he knows it's a LT, it's because they know they're going up to get their guy.

Teams who I could see movin’ on up tomorrow (check back for accuracy after the fact):

Vikings, Broncos, Eagles, Chiefs, Lions, Jaguars, Colts, Patriots (back into end of first round for a WR), Bills, Texans

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) April 25, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 PM 04-24-2024
I think there's a pretty good chance Rickey is a guy in the league office.

And have no earthly idea at all how that would give him insight into anything these teams have going on within their draft boards.

If it were that easy, NOLA and Houston wouldn't have been caught with their dicks in their hands in 2017 and the Buffalo Bills wouldn't be dealing with the waste of space that is Kaiir Elam.

Not buying it. This kind of wholesale knowledge ain't out there for some dude to get. Now he may be right that the Chiefs are going after an OT - but I'm not convinced he has any more knowledge than any of the rest of us do in that regard. It's an obvious need and we have an aggressive GM.

The rest is just jerking himself off.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:45 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And have no earthly idea at all how that would give him insight into anything these teams have going on within their draft boards.

If it were that easy, NOLA and Houston wouldn't have been caught with their dicks in their hands in 2017 and the Buffalo Bills wouldn't be dealing with the waste of space that is Kaiir Elam.

Not buying it. This kind of wholesale knowledge ain't out there for some dude to get. Now he may be right that the Chiefs are going after an OT - but I'm not convinced he has any more knowledge than any of the rest of us do in that regard. It's an obvious need and we have an aggressive GM.

Precisely. Anyone with a pulse on the Chiefs knows we need a LT. It's not some big secret being kept. We all fully expect that Veach will address that before WR if the opportunity is there to actually get a LT he likes.

If an elite LT prospect isn't there but there is the opportunity to get an elite playmaker, I don't foresee Veach passing only to stay put and draft a guy like Suamataia. I just don't think Veach is wired that way.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:57 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If he knows it's a LT, it's because they know they're going up to get their guy.

There’s no way we’d be bold enough to go get John Alt’s son at #7, right? Clark giving Veach the green light for nostalgia reasons?

That cost would be so, so much.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:20 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I kind of think he's in an agents office. One of the big agents who has players on every team that would be plugged in.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:17 AM 04-25-2024
Veach himself could only be 60% confident in landing a tackle. Rickey has been batting .800 throughout free agency. But the draft is a different ball game. Especially when the team is slated at 32.

I do think it’s more likely we end up with a tackle over a receiver. But nobody knows shit. See Will Levis or the million other examples
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:56 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Veach himself could only be 60% confident in landing a tackle. Rickey has been batting .800 throughout free agency. But the draft is a different ball game. Especially when the team is slated at 32.

I do think it’s more likely we end up with a tackle over a receiver. But nobody knows shit. See Will Levis or the million other examples
Why? Seems like Paul will be there at the #32 and I'd argue he's worth the pick ahead of the 2nd. Also Guyton, Kiran, and Kingsley are probably available around #32... a top half of the 2nd OT is less likely to bust than a WR.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:02 AM 04-25-2024
I agree with Chiefs want a LT in RD 1 and DAL wants RB Brooks in R2, but everyone knows that already.

Why would Mitchel be coming off teams boards? ...that statement requires explanation.
I know people who do ratings off of analytics hate Mitchell, but that shouldn't remove him from boards.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:56 AM 04-25-2024
Why? Seems like Paul will be there at the #32 and I'd argue he's worth the pick ahead of the 2nd. Also Guyton, Kiran, and Kingsley are probably available around #32... a top half of the 2nd OT is less likely to bust than a WR.
I would have slapped myself a week and a half ago but I'm coming around on Paul.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:00 AM 04-25-2024
Patrick Paul is still a developmental pick, odds are he's not ready right away.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:00 AM 04-25-2024
Guyton is the only one of those that is even worth discussing at 32 and even I think that's a stretch...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up