ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:22 AM 03-26-2024

Shocking footage. Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship.

pic.twitter.com/u8xXrhICJu

— Rita Panahi (@RitaPanahi) March 26, 2024

SITUATION REPORT: BALTIMORE BRIDGE COLLAPSE

- At 1:28 a.m. ET, a large container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

- Large parts of the bridge immediately collapsed, sending multiple vehicles into the water, including a group of construction workers.

-… pic.twitter.com/QGHPeCyQLR

— BNO News (@BNONews) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
Lzen 07:50 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
that too. Read in an article, you have 1 - 3 hours to survive in that temp water before hypothermia sets in.
1 to 3 hours? That seems way longer than I would assume.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:51 AM 03-26-2024
Some time last year I took a break from watching the First 48 murder mystery type shows before bed and watched Disasters At Sea which is like a 3 season documentary of shit going terribly wrong on big boats

Lot of these ships get sold and redesigned/repurposed with some sketchy ass engineering, but that usually just entails them sinking and not colliding with something

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this during the investigation. Just terrible timing, almost unbelievable
[Reply]
notorious 08:28 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Damn, the timing on those power losses was terrible.
Very suspicious. Too much of a coincidence.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:30 AM 03-26-2024
For those who know the area, how much will the loss of this bridge impact people locally? It's gonna take years to get it replaced, and I have to imagine it's gonna cause a giant clusterfuck in the surrounding area.
[Reply]
wazu 08:30 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Very suspicious. Too much of a coincidence.
:-)
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:39 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Wonder how long it's going to **** the port of Baltimore. Could be an absolute disaster economically
Port cn reopen as soon as the old bridge is moved out of the channel. Any delay after that is bullshit
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:43 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For those who know the area, how much will the loss of this bridge impact people locally? It's gonna take years to get it replaced, and I have to imagine it's gonna cause a giant cluster**** in the surrounding area.
read a few minutes ago that about 35000 vehicles go over that bridge daily
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:49 AM 03-26-2024
Maryland governor already stating a preliminary investigation determined it was an accident

I'd imagine it should be known fairly quickly what happened due to personal interviews and data recorders unlike a sunken ship with no survivors
[Reply]
notorious 08:49 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
:-)
An entire sea voyage and it happens to lose power in that situation?

There is negligence somewhere, this shit just doesn't "happen".
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:50 AM 03-26-2024
https://news.yahoo.com/live-updates-...143614239.html

Originally Posted by :
The Latest on the ship crash that collapsed the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore (all times local):

Maryland Gov. Wes Moore says the cargo ship reported losing power just before it crashed and caused the bridge to collapse.

Moore said Tuesday that a mayday call from the ship allowed officials to limit traffic on the bridge before the crash.

A preliminary investigation suggests that the crash was an accident, and that there’s no credible evidence of a terrorist attack, Moore, a Democrat, said at a news conference near the collapsed bridge.

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:55 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Port cn reopen as soon as the old bridge is moved out of the channel. Any delay after that is bullshit
Well sure except the people that used that bridge to commute daily.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:57 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
https://news.yahoo.com/live-updates-...143614239.html
It says something about the state of discourse in our country that they felt the need to call out his political affiliation as if that's somehow relevant.
[Reply]
2bikemike 09:02 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It says something about the state of discourse in our country that they felt the need to call out his political affiliation as if that's somehow relevant.
I didn't catch that.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:04 AM 03-26-2024
Someone may have already stated this but they are starting to say the ship lost power and that's why they couldn't prevent it from hitting the bridge
[Reply]
ping2000 09:05 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
First of all, was the captain drunk? And was that bridge made from paper mache? Looks weak as piss.
I doubt the Captain was piloting the ship. Probably the Harbor Pilot. Sounds like the ship just lost power.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up