ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 152
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
TribalElder 05:18 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
You should know the stereotypes....

Raiders = Defensive linemen who like it in the booty
oh
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:13 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Raiders are so pathetic

I love that they keep thinking Derek Carr is a good QB

idiots :-)
His mascara game is on point! Keep doubting the carr
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:31 AM 08-12-2021
Great news! 15 more years of mediocrity

Derek Carr wants to play football until he’s 45

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-until-hes-45/

Tom Brady plans to do it. Russell Wilson hopes to do so, too. Now, Derek Carr has joined the 45 club.

I feel like I can play another 15 years, without a doubt,” Carr said Wednesday, via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com. “Nothing’s hurting. It’s the middle of camp, and I feel great. I feel strong, I feel fast, I feel explosive. And I think it’s just the way we train now.”

Carr turned 30 in March. He feels 66.6 percent of that age.

“I feel like I’m 20,” Carr said. “I honestly believe this — that our generation, the way we can take care of our bodies with football, I think 30 is the new 20. . . . That comes from science, and that comes with more understanding.”

Plenty of quarterbacks may want to play into their 40s, and they may physically be able to do so. With so many great young quarterbacks entering the league every year, however, only the best of the best will have the privilege of sticking around that long.

“I honestly feel stronger, faster, better than I first did when I got to the NFL,” Carr said. “And that comes with more knowledge on how to train, how to eat, how to take care of your body. And that takes a little bit of money sometimes, but it’s definitely worth it. . . . Because I’m sitting here in year eight, and I remember people ahead of me talking about year eight like, ‘Yeah, I’m miserable,’ and they can barely walk out of bed. I’m blessed, man. I don’t have those problems. And I’ve had broken bones. But the way they rehab and stuff nowadays, I feel great.”

Feeling great at 30 doesn’t guarantee feeling great at 35, 40, or 45. The spirit may currently be willing. Time will tell whether the flesh is weak.

More importantly, time will tell whether the flesh is strong enough for a guy currently on the fringes of the top 10 to stay among the top 32. That may be the biggest challenge for guys who aren’t among the best in their prime; it becomes harder to stay among the good enough later in their careers.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:46 AM 08-12-2021
Carr's recent performance is better than mediocre. He'll never be top 5, but is top 10.

Gruden is infamous for dumping QB's he doesn't want and despite the media trying to hype that, it hasn't happened. Even with supposedly better QB's on the board in the first round.

Every team would like to have Mahomes. No one does and no one will.

I'm glad KC fixed the OL. While it pains me to see the Chiefs do so well, it would be a crime against the entire NFL fan base to not protect Mahomes so we all get peak QB performances for a long, long time.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:04 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Carr's recent performance is better than mediocre. He'll never be top 5, but is top 10.

Gruden is infamous for dumping QB's he doesn't want and despite the media trying to hype that, it hasn't happened. Even with supposedly better QB's on the board in the first round.

I'm glad KC fixed the OL. While it pains me to see the Chiefs do so well, it would be a crime against the entire NFL fan base to not protect Mahomes so we all get peak QB performances for a long, long time.
Carr stats are actually pretty good overall. Your right, he’s not top 5. But borderline top 10. Pre-Mahomes the Chiefs fan base would have salivated over a guy like him.
[Reply]
cripple creek 06:26 PM 08-12-2021
no raider fan has ever posted a tweet or facebook message in response to a playoff win twitter nor facebook existed when they last won one
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 06:52 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Carr stats are actually pretty good overall. Your right, he’s not top 5. But borderline top 10. Pre-Mahomes the Chiefs fan base would have salivated over a guy like him.
Carr is a serviceable NFL starter. I would’ve definitely taken him over guys like Cassel, Palko, and some of the other shit we ran out there. But that’s not saying a whole lot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:30 PM 08-12-2021
AFC West Starting QBs the last time the Raiders won the Division (2002):

Raiders-Rich Gannon
Broncos-Brian Griese
Chargers-Drew Brees
Chiefs-Trent Green

With Brees now retired, I would assume Brady is the last active player left from that year league wide.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:37 PM 08-12-2021

66.6% better?
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 08:46 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
AFC West Starting QBs the last time the Raiders won the Division (2002):

Raiders-Rich Gannon
Broncos-Brian Griese
Chargers-Drew Brees
Chiefs-Trent Green

With Brees now retired, I would assume Brady is the last active player left from that year league wide.
Wow… sneaking up on that 20 year mark. That’s one hell of a commitment to excellence.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:34 PM 08-13-2021

Carr is a mediocre mofo. I do suspect he will play well this year because it is a contract year and he will try to ball out a bit. I am a Raider fan, not a Carr fan. He is a mediocre QB.....good stats between the 20`s but not the red zone and doesn't lay his ass on the line in crunch time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Carr is a mediocre mofo. I do suspect he will play well this year because it is a contract year and he will try to ball out a bit. I am a Raider fan, not a Carr fan. He is a mediocre QB.....good stats between the 20`s but not the red zone and doesn't lay his ass on the line in crunch time.
I honestly didn’t know you were a Faid fan.

Probably a good indicator you’re a good fan.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:19 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
So it's not just the COVIDs that you are totally clueless on. Noted.
[Reply]
scho63 08:17 AM 08-14-2021
I always thought Carr would be better.

He is just missing "it".

For every second of hope and excellence, he delivers hours of despair and failure.

Not what you want to see in your franchise QB.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:29 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Not what you want to see in your franchise QB.
But that’s exactly what we want to see in the Raiders franchise QB.

Good enough to not be replaced. Not good enough to be a threat to the throne. Beautiful QB Purgatory.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 152
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Up