ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 633 of 2688
« First < 133533583623629630631632633 63463563663764368373311331633 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:35 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There's no risk, because there's so little chance doing it the other way.

Even if Mahomes turns out to be no better than say...Joe Flacco...at least you've got 10+ years with a solid starter in order to stabilize the position and give you that much more chance at a SB...instead of 4-5 years with a guy on the wrong side of 30...
I still don't understand how people can look at his game/tape and think he'll bust. What am I missing?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:37 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
A 4000 25TD year is a bad benchmark for a rookie QB? Really?
Posted via Mobile Device
I was making a play on his words.

But if Andy is smart, Hill should get that many yards alone in sideline bomb passes.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:43 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I was making a play on his words.

But if Andy is smart, Hill should get that many yards alone in sideline bomb passes.
Omg, just have Hill run a deep every play. They would have to commit a safety to him every time.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:58 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Omg, just have Hill run a deep every play. They would have to commit a safety to him every time.
It sounds simplistic, but a single CB can't really cover him without a penalty. Now, it shouldn't just be a 9 route, as the CB would simply play off to make up the difference. But, Pat should throw to Hill early and often and teams WILL have to double him. If Kelse pulls his head out, he should be doubled as well. At that point, the offense is wide open, including the running game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:59 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Mahomes live on NFL network right now.
We're gonna be seeing a lot more of this kid, he will soon be the big get for all of these sports shows

'I gotta tell ya man, you're the talk of all my friends around the league and I mean that' - John Gruden
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:00 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I still don't understand how people can look at his game/tape and think he'll bust. What am I missing?
Not everyone thinks he has even an outside chance of being a bust. The bigger concern is bad decisions in other parts of the team, philosophy and playcalling continuing to hamstring us.

He could be our own Brady. Or if the team malingers he could be our own Stafford, Marino, Tarkenton, Gabriel, Moon.

[though, looking at the picture above, I'm a tad concerned that he'll be sidetracked with his obsession for revenge on Bart Simpson :-)]
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:20 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not everyone thinks he has even an outside chance of being a bust. The bigger concern is bad decisions in other parts of the team, philosophy and playcalling continuing to hamstring us.

He could be our own Brady. Or if the team malingers he could be our own Stafford, Marino, Tarkenton, Gabriel, Moon.

[though, looking at the picture above, I'm a tad concerned that he'll be sidetracked with his obsession for revenge on Bart Simpson :-)]
I honestly wouldnt worry too much about any of that

Reid and co got us to the playoffs more often than not, even in spite of their bumbles in philosophy, playcalling, etc

Wouldnt worry about a lackadaisical, malingering attitude setting in either... for all of Reids flaws, he IS a good motivator type whos players love him, not to mention we're going to be getting a lot younger in the next couple years

We're gonna have a young and hungry buncha go-getters being led on the field by another young and hungry go-getter... Mahomes will have our sideline fired up week in and week out, they'll feed off the excitement he creates
[Reply]
aces and eights 03:21 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Jakeem Grant is a goddamn poor man's Tyreek Hill.

I need to replace Alex's head on the How to Train Your Dragon photoshop because Night Fury is about to be ridden by THE NIGHT KING.
Watched both of them Jakeem has always had more than his share of drops... I think there is no comparison between them. Hill is head and midget shoulders better. Welker and Amendola at Tech had almost no drops. Jakeem seemed like he dropped every third pass. Jakeem was better than both after the catch very similar to Hill.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 03:37 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Nothing.

Casual football fans just suck. They don't have the ability to evaluate football players, but they think they can. And Chiefs fans especially have a difficult time understanding/evaluating QB and OL play, even some of the somewhat "knowledgeable" fans.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:40 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Nothing.

Casual football fans just suck. They don't have the ability to evaluate football players, but they think they can. And Chiefs fans especially have a difficult time understanding/evaluating QB and OL play, even some of the somewhat "knowledgeable" fans.
It doesn't help when you have assholes who just like to play devil's advocate and be a contrarian. Some people have little to no hard evidence for why they believe something will happen (like Mahomes being a bust), but they just present the idea to spark useless debate.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:40 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Good sideshow bob reference. I mean you are baby lee.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:48 PM 02-02-2018
Terez just posted a new Mahomes story about his number. If he switches to 5 then he has to pay for the merchandise that was sold, which would be up to and maybe over 100k.

I hope he just stays with 15. Bart Starr is the only great QB I can think of with that number.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:48 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by :
Wouldnt worry about a lackadaisical, malingering attitude setting in either..
When PMII is under heavy rush, scrambles, has his head up, and then fires a 40 yard laser into a breadbox, all malingerers, past and present, will henceforth end their malingering ways.

He will throw some INT's. Probably a few that cost us. That's part of learning. And it's also part of being our very own QB. I can be patient while he grows.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 03:50 PM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Terez just posted a new Mahomes story about his number. If he switches to 5 then he has to pay for the merchandise that was sold, which would be up to and maybe over 100k.

I hope he just stays with 15. Bart Starr is the only great QB I can think of with that number.
I think 15 looks good tbh. It grew on me.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:50 PM 02-02-2018
If Mahomes stays healthy, I don't think this is a gap year at all, particularly considering the addition of Fuller, a fresh draft class, and not losing anybody of importance in cuts/contract expirations.

Oh, and of course having a QB who isn't a huge pussy will be a great thing during the playoffs!
[Reply]
Page 633 of 2688
« First < 133533583623629630631632633 63463563663764368373311331633 > Last »
Up