ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 573 of 2688
« First < 73473523563569570571572573 57457557657758362367310731573 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:57 AM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We’re going to be born again homers.

The Mahssiah is here.
It’s going to be fun as hell to see defenses struggle between putting 8 men in the box to stop Kareem Hunt or drop everyone to defend the pass.

This team has the potential to field a better version of the current Steelers offense.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:59 AM 01-02-2018
Yeah WTF does this Mahomes guy think he's doing! Chiefs QB's have a storied history of simple passing concepts! Don't RUIN IT YOU LITTLE SHIT STAIN!

HOW DARE YOU!

[Reply]
bowener 12:01 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s going to be fun as hell to see defenses struggle between putting 8 men in the box to stop Kareem Hunt or drop everyone to defend the pass.

This team has the potential to field a better version of the current Steelers offense.
I started to call bullshit on this but realized with Kelce on our team, we should have a better offense than the Steelers. Hill is going to open up all kinds of room underneath the safeties and open up the box as you've stated. Kelce should never catch a pass short of 12 yards again.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:01 PM 01-02-2018
Can't wait to see what he looks like 2-3 seasons from now when he's as polished as Alex Smith.

When he knows exactly what the D is going to do.

When he's able to throw with good timing and anticipation.

When he gets that snap count cadence down.

When he calms down in the pocket.

He's going to need 1-2 more excellent receivers too. Guys who will win at the point of attack because Mahomes WILL give them chances. Robinson put on a shit show and it occurred to me that he'll need receivers who can react quickly to his passes when they don't expect it.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:03 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Can't wait to see what he looks like 2-3 seasons from now when he's as polished as Alex Smith.

He's going to need 1-2 more excellent receivers too. Guys who will win at the point of attack because Mahomes WILL give them chances. Robinson put on a shit show and it occurred to me that he'll need receivers who can react quickly to his passes when they don't expect it.
Let's hope he starts getting that experience next season!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:07 PM 01-02-2018

We have Tyreek who I think can be the next AB, we need a #2 like DeAndrea Hopkins for contested circus catches.

We have a window here with Travis Kelce/Hill/Hunt - 3-5 Year window where our offense should be deadly.

Eric Berry coming back - Need to draft a edge rusher - And some O-lineman
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:12 PM 01-02-2018

I think the Robinson thing was just a timing issue. Give Robinson an entire offseason to catch passes from Mahomes and he'll be just fine.

Hill
Conley
Robinson
Wilson
Chesson

That WR group is good with Mahomes at QB.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 12:12 PM 01-02-2018

Also needs to learn how to put touch on the ball to feather it in there, not every throw needs to come on a rope.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:13 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I think the Robinson thing was just a timing issue. Give Robinson an entire offseason to catch passes from Mahomes and he'll be just fine.

Hill
Conley
Robinson
Wilson
Chesson

That WR group is good with Mahomes at QB.
Damn. Completely forgot about Conley.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 01-02-2018
:-) :-) :-)

Something you didn’t know about Mahomes: Back at training camp in the summer of 2017, Patrick Mahomes worked w/the Make-A-Wish foundation and showed a fan (pictured) how to throw the football. A very touching story from a very classy young man. We’re lucky to have him. #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/s7jNN8mwoc

— beardwell (@LanceTHESPOKEN) January 2, 2018

[Reply]
prhom 12:15 PM 01-02-2018
To me, Mahomes had one of those games where you look at the stats and it wasn’t that impressive, but watching the game he did exactly what he needed to do. He successfully ran scoring drives on the opening drive, right before the half, and to win the game after Bray made a mess of things. He made neat throws which was icing on the cake, but the real story was his efficiency when it absolutely mattered most. He had so many dropped passes by receivers it’s hard to dog him for not having a TD. Robinson should have caught the back shoulder in the end zone. That was on him, not mahomes. I think that should be our biggest takeaway from the game. Situationally, he was perfect, and that’s what wins a lot of games in this league, and not just regular season games either.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:15 PM 01-02-2018
Remember when this team couldn't produce quality WRs to save its life? Remember when Kevin fucking Curtis was signed the week before our 2010 playoff game? Remember when we got to the point where we just shrugged our shoulders and said, "I guess we're just a team that doesn't use WRs very much."

We will find Mahomes some better receivers, but from what I saw on Sunday, I have a feeling we're going to start churning out quality WRs the way Green Bay does. Without even thinking about it.

Got a 2nd round pick? He becomes Davante Adams or Jordy Nelson. Got a 3rd round pick? You just found a James Jones who will catch double digit TDs and get you 1000 yards if your starter goes down due to injury. Are all your dudes injured and you're scraping the bottom of the barrel? Even a shitty asshole like Marcus Kemp can probably get you a few catches here and there like Jeff Janis.

This team will not be overpaying for Jeremy Maclins for a long time. And that's VERY nice.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-) :-) :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:19 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Remember when this team couldn't produce quality WRs to save its life? Remember when Kevin ****ing Curtis was signed the week before our 2010 playoff game? Remember when we got to the point where we just shrugged our shoulders and said, "I guess we're just a team that doesn't use WRs very much."

We will find Mahomes some better receivers, but from what I saw on Sunday, I have a feeling we're going to start churning out quality WRs the way Green Bay does. Without even thinking about it.

Got a 2nd round pick? He becomes Davante Adams or Jordy Nelson. Got a 3rd round pick? You just found a James Jones who will catch double digit TDs and get you 1000 yards if your starter goes down due to injury. Are all your dudes injured and you're scraping the bottom of the barrel? Even a shitty asshole like Marcus Kemp can probably get you a few catches here and there like Jeff Janis.

This team will not be overpaying for Jeremy Maclins for a long time. And that's VERY nice.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:56 PM 01-02-2018
Pat had a 64.4 QBR in his first started.

That was the 10th best QBR for Week 17 and would rank 5th in the NFL over the course of an entire season. :-)

[Reply]
Page 573 of 2688
« First < 73473523563569570571572573 57457557657758362367310731573 > Last »
Up