ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 185
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Pablo 03:55 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I've been gifted two bottles of Jack Daniel's during the past year. One was a neighbor doing grocery pickup in which she was given a 1.75L of JD even though she didn't order any alcohol and they don't even drink!

I'm not a JD fan so it's gets mixed in my favorite drink. Add a little cherry in there and they go down quickly.

Nice nice. I love the blood orange San pel as a mixer for vodka and tequila.

And I don’t care for JD at all either but that’s the best use for it right there
[Reply]
Pablo 03:57 PM 03-05-2022
Going out to dinner tonight. No clue what drinks they have at The Melting Pot but I’m day drinking these guys right now. Kid free weekend life rules

[Reply]
lewdog 04:09 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Nice nice. I love the blood orange San pel as a mixer for vodka and tequila.

And I don’t care for JD at all either but that’s the best use for it right there
Going out to dinner tonight. No clue what drinks they have at The Melting Pot but I’m day drinking these guys right now. Kid free weekend life rules

Boo, how do I acquire a kids free weekend?

I don't have a closet big enough to lock him in.......
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:27 PM 03-05-2022
[Reply]
lewdog 04:29 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Are those black cherries?!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:42 PM 03-05-2022
Are those black cherries?!
Luxardo Cherries. Spectacular! I use a little less simple syrup in my Old Fashons and replace it with the syrup from the cherries. Amazing...

https://smile.amazon.com/Luxardo-Gou...ps%2C85&sr=8-5
[Reply]
Pablo 04:56 PM 03-05-2022
Boo, how do I acquire a kids free weekend?

I don't have a closet big enough to lock him in.......
Wife's bday celebration. Her mom called dibs on tonight and my dad graciously offered to take him last night and get him delivered to the other grandparents this afternoon. All my dad's idea and I was in no position to turn this opportunity down.

Just lock him in there with a couple bags of goldfish and a tablet and some water and let him out on Monday morning.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:58 PM 03-05-2022
Luxardo Cherries. Spectacular! I use a little less simple syrup in my Old Fashons and replace it with the syrup from the cherries. Amazing...

Those are delicious. Had an Old Fashioned with them at the hotel bar in Eureka Springs a few years ago and they met the hype the bartender put out there. I just haven't found the balls to drop $20+ on cherries yet.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:10 PM 03-05-2022
Those are delicious. Had an Old Fashioned with them at the hotel bar in Eureka Springs a few years ago and they met the hype the bartender put out there. I just haven't found the balls to drop $20+ on cherries yet.
I hear these are just as good, so I'll be giving them a try. But you're right, the Luxardo ones are amazing, just spendy as hell. I was introducted them at an establishment named Minervas in Sioux Falls, using an Islay Scotch, and man, I was hooked. But a good Islay Scotch, as I've come to find out, comes at the price of liquid gold! But it's so worth it...

https://smile.amazon.com/Premium-Coc...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
[Reply]
Stryker 08:23 PM 03-05-2022

So smooth!
:-)
[Reply]
scho63 08:40 PM 03-05-2022

There's a restaurant/bar in Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale called Wally's and they use the Luxardo Cherries to add to their vodka soaked pineapple on ice.
I love eating those. Cost like 10x's typical Marachino cherries most bars use.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:04 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
There's a restaurant/bar in Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale called Wally's and they use the Luxardo Cherries to add to their vodka soaked pineapple on ice.
I love eating those. Cost like 10x's typical Marachino cherries most bars use.
Yep, but at my enhanced age (:-)) I've gone to the "I'm worth it" excuse. The wife's good with it, they're a LOT less spendy than my SCUBA habit...
[Reply]
alicestevens 03-06-2022, 07:21 AM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
displacedinMN 09:21 PM 03-11-2022
Jack Honey

A lot of it

I had parent teacher conferences today. every 5 minutes from 1-6 today.

Good parents. Supportive. But god damn exhausting.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:40 PM 03-11-2022
The wife and I and a couple I certified a couple of years back ended up in Lee's Summit speakeasy and I had a few Old Fashions made with Laphroaig. Simply put... Oh. My. God...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:32 AM 03-12-2022
What the drink looked like at the Speakeasy in Lee's Summit (the place is called "The W" in case any locals are interested). The Buffalo Trace version I had at "3rd Street Social" was great, but could not hold a candle to the Laphroaig version...

Man, I'm hooked the peaty Islay whiskies. I might need a 3rd career to afford this newest addiction...

Edit... I did get a Pic of the Buffalo Trace version, it was in FB, so didn't show up in my gallery...

[Reply]
Page 159 of 185
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169 > Last »
Up