ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 10-16-2020
:-)

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-an...-to-death-row/

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:05 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
I remember the trip of my dreams flying from Vancouver to KC to see the Steelers vs. Chiefs at Arrowhead. Went to Jack Stacks with my wife and daughter and lo and behold...sitting at the table right beside us was LaVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, and the entire offensive line eating and drinking like kings (Saturday night) Bell just sat there not saying much at all, everyone else were pretty happy and having a good time. Of course, some Steeler fans recognized the group, and on at least four occasions young kids and other super Steeler fans asked Bell for an autograph. He flat out refused and gave such attitude...leaving the fans sad and confused. I think DeAngelo Williams picked up on what might have been a major issue amongst Steeler nation and went into full on damage control...over compensating for Bell’s snubs by signing everything in sight and agreeing to pictures. Even my daughter tought Bell was being a real douce. It was a real eye opener of entitlement.

[Reply]
eDave 07:06 PM 10-16-2020
I remember the trip of my dreams flying from Vancouver to KC to see the Steelers vs. Chiefs at Arrowhead. Went to Jack Stacks with my wife and daughter and lo and behold...sitting at the table right beside us was LaVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, and the entire offensive line eating and drinking like kings (Saturday night) Bell just sat there not saying much at all, everyone else were pretty happy and having a good time. Of course, some Steeler fans recognized the group, and on at least four occasions young kids and other super Steeler fans asked Bell for an autograph. He flat out refused and gave such attitude...leaving the fans sad and confused. I think DeAngelo Williams picked up on what might have been a major issue amongst Steeler nation and went into full on damage control...over compensating for Bell’s snubs by signing everything in sight and agreeing to pictures. Even my daughter tought Bell was being a real douce. It was a real eye opener of entitlement.
Autographs are big business with it's denizens falling just under Paparazzi.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 07:07 PM 10-16-2020
Is paragraph spacing not a thing in Canada?
[Reply]
CanadaKC 07:10 PM 10-16-2020
Jack Stacks was just packed and I don’t think autograph seekers for profit were there as much as rabid Steeler fans being surprised at seeing Bell and his posse. No one had a poster of him or anything, more just a pen and a napkin or asking for a picture with him. He wasn’t having any of it
[Reply]
carcosa 07:11 PM 10-16-2020
Jack Stacks was just packed and I don’t think autograph seekers for profit were there as much as rabid Steeler fans being surprised at seeing Bell and his posse. No one had a poster of him or anything, more just a pen and a napkin or asking for a picture with him. He wasn’t having any of it
Who cares
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:12 PM 10-16-2020
Lumping Tyreek Hill in with some of the other examples seems a bit lazy. At this point, the only thing proven against Hill was his bad choice of a baby-mama. Funny how the lack of drama in his life coincides with her departure.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:12 PM 10-16-2020
I can't blame him one bit. People send their kids over to get autographs from "famous" people all the time, only to see those autographs end up on eBay or memorabilia shows.

Bothering people when they're out having a meal is a shitty thing to do.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:13 PM 10-16-2020
You know who else was a jackass about autographs? Tony fucking Gonzalez. He wouldn't even sign during team events. I couldn't imagine how he'd be if he were out at a BBQ place trying to enjoy a meal.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:15 PM 10-16-2020
Probably says more about the fans that thought it was appropriate to interrupt somebody (that they didn’t know) in the middle of their dinner.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 07:16 PM 10-16-2020
George Brett also doesn’t appreciate being interrupted at restaurants by lame autograph requests.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:17 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You know who else was a jackass about autographs? Tony fucking Gonzalez. He wouldn't even sign during team events. I couldn't imagine how he'd be if he were out at a BBQ place trying to enjoy a meal.
No shit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:17 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Lumping Tyreek Hill in with some of the other examples seems a bit lazy. At this point, the only thing proven against Hill was his bad choice of a baby-mama. Funny how the lack of drama in his life coincides with her departure.
Yep literally fucking hated that shit. How is Tyreek a bad boy? Whitlock can get fucked by a bull on that one. Worthless piece of shit needs to keep my team outta his mouth. There is more journalistic integrity at TMZ or The National Enquirer than what Whitlock has.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 07:20 PM 10-16-2020
Whitlock’s boyfriend Jeff George was a team cancer “bad boy” and yet JWhit consistently defended him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:20 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Whitlock’s boyfriend Jeff George was a team cancer “bad boy” and yet JWhit consistently defended him.
Yep.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:27 PM 10-16-2020
And when has anyone called Whitlock a bad boy?

JWhit get your stupid ass on here and explain your bad boy ways. You sling dope or beat up women? Maybe you murdered someone?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up