ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2855 of 3903
« First < 1855235527552805284528512852285328542855 285628572858285928652905295533553855 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:44 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Currently nothing supports children transmitting this like adults and the high spreaders of this have symptoms and many kids aren’t getting those.

Problem with schools simply could be sheer volume in one space and the fact kids can’t follow social distancing guidelines.
Well it really looks likely that high school kids do transfer it like adults. That one study found kids under 10 half as infectious, which is better than fully, but still not great.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I was just coming to post about it! This is great. The tests are only 88-94% effective but cheap and fast.
That really doesn’t matter

Shotgun approach this thing and don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Access and abundance of testing is more important than accuracy at this point if accuracy takes the time it does

Plus these tests are the most accurate when you’re the most infectious. Pcr is just looking for genetic material.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:46 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Well it really looks likely that high school kids do transfer it like adults. That one study found kids under 10 half as infectious, which is better than fully, but still not great.
True. Older “kids” do seem to transmit like adults. Hopefully they can follow guidelines better than little kids but I think the jury is out on how prepared most schools are for following guidelines.
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That one study has been shown that it didn’t really show what they thought. In the end, the results didn’t really show where they had gotten the virus. To their credit the times has done a good job with a recent follow up on it

97% of the cases were brought in by adults they found
[Reply]
Monticore 10:48 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That really doesn’t matter

Shotgun approach this thing and don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Access and abundance of testing is more important than accuracy at this point if accuracy takes the time it does

Plus these tests are the most accurate when you’re the most infectious. Pcr is just looking for genetic material.
If you can get tested at home without the need to visits doctors office or hospitals where you could spread it more people or the weak it would be nice, if they are cheap you can just do test twice .

We just need to make sure TLO does it get dehydrated from testing him self 1000 times a day.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:52 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That one study has been shown that it didn’t really show what they thought. In the end, the results didn’t really show where they had gotten the virus. To their credit the times has done a good job with a recent follow up on it

97% of the cases were brought in by adults they found
Hard not counting HS age kids as adults physically some of then are .
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Hard not counting HS age kids as adults physically some of then are .
Very true
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:16 AM 08-15-2020
Currently nothing supports children transmitting this like adults and the high spreaders of this have symptoms and many kids aren’t getting those.

Problem with schools simply could be sheer volume in one space and the fact kids can’t follow social distancing guidelines.
I don't know, for me thinking logically if kids are the main spreaders of cold and flu why would this respiratory disease be any different.

I also look at that 300k kids have been infected by covid number and think there is no way they are just getting this all from adults.

But hell I don't know I am an idiot IT person. :-)
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:01 PM 08-15-2020
Here are some Covid visuals to go along with all the text.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/vis/202...BFLfKoDhTmgeFQ
[Reply]
Monticore 12:16 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't know, for me thinking logically if kids are the main spreaders of cold and flu why would this respiratory disease be any different.

I also look at that 300k kids have been infected by covid number and think there is no way they are just getting this all from adults.

But hell I don't know I am an idiot IT person. :-)
Maybe they feel like they are spreading 1 thing around but it could multiple different ones all going around , when it might not be as bad if you focused on one individual virus , But who knows we are still using social distancing, hand washing etc right now maybe that is helping.
[Reply]
eDave 12:36 PM 08-15-2020
A lot we don’t know about kids but here’s my take so far.

Kids are NOT super spreaders of this like originally though. They can spread it but it’s no where correlated with the viral loads they’re showing (more RNA in kids but that doesn’t equate to spreading ability). Also kids are having less symptoms overall so they spread for a shorter duration than adults.

The next 2 months should tell us a ton about schools and kids spreading.
A large number of teachers are resigning with over 100 in Queen Creek/San Tan Valley alone, including the union president, forcing the entire district to not start on Monday because they don't have enough teachers to open with.

Saw a post from some QC moms arguing that we didn't close schools for Covid-18 so why do we need to with Covid-19. That's the mentality we are dealing with here.
[Reply]
TLO 08-15-2020, 01:11 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: Q
TLO 08-15-2020, 01:29 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: Q
lewdog 01:44 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
A large number of teachers are resigning with over 100 in Queen Creek/San Tan Valley alone, including the union president, forcing the entire district to not start on Monday because they don't have enough teachers to open with.

Saw a post from some QC moms arguing that we didn't close schools for Covid-18 so why do we need to with Covid-19. That's the mentality we are dealing with here.
Oh I definitely don’t blame teachers for not wanting to work, especially those of increasing age. Healthcare isn’t even getting enough PPE, I wouldn’t trust schools to have what they need to protect me.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:56 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
**** no. I'd take a million of your post as opposed to a Donger/Pete semantics marathon.
you shut your whore mouth when you talk about me
[Reply]
O.city 01:59 PM 08-15-2020
https://twitter.com/grahamneary/stat...985836032?s=21

Thread
[Reply]
TLO 02:04 PM 08-15-2020
The Missouri dashboard shows a 7 day % positive of 8.9%. Down from 11.8% yesterday. Not sure how this happened, but ok.
[Reply]
Page 2855 of 3903
« First < 1855235527552805284528512852285328542855 285628572858285928652905295533553855 > Last »
Up